You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

cracked headlight
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

docholaday
Posted 2012-09-28 7:16 PM (#124411 - in reply to #123711)
Subject: Re: cracked headlight

Puddle Jumper

Savage MN
Yes it was Moto Primo. I like the guys out at Mies but they are a little far for regular service issues. I'm going to call the guys at Ness and chat with them and see what their opinion is on this one since i have $3000 of Ness parts on the bike plus they might like to hear that they are the cause of this headlight issue, ha ha. Im hoping they can direct me to someone at VICTORY so i can go direct.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Twowheelzkc
Posted 2015-05-10 10:36 AM (#172357 - in reply to #123711)

Puddle Jumper

[SIZE="6"]Well I finally got around to having MY shop replace the cracked headlight assembly. Mr. Riddle, our treasurer , had one for sale off a 08 I believe anyway he made me what seemed to be a decent deal. Unfortunately the years 08-09 don't work on the 10s. Another goof victory subject us too. Let me be upfront and throughly honest about the whole transaction. Neither Mike or myself were absolutely sure these would interchange. Of course the dealership mechanics assured me they were interchangeable. Well here's where it gets interesting. Once my mechanic took mine out, while I was standing there through the process learning, we both discovered two tabs on the inside of the casing were broke off. Now any of you may say, not knowing me nor my mechanic, which I've been dealing with for over 15 years, it was the fault of my mechanic. And I may be making this up. But I have no reason. Believe me or not. Well it happened at the assembly line. They just left the screw/bolt just hanging in the first hole. There was nothing to tighten it down to. Or perhaps they tightened it down to tight it broke the inner part off. It wasn't just one there were two like this. Same circumstances on both. Now we came to the same semi conclusion that this could have started the crack in the headlight assembly slowly but surely. Another problem was hidden back behind a cluster of wires was a connector that hooked up to the HID but isn't the one that makes it work like it should. It just projects like the two above it. So it's quite obvious 08-09 don't wire up the same. And given the fact that the two tabs were broke it still can't be tighten down properly and will probably do the same thing over time and start cracking again. Victory would have to remove the inner part that the assembly bolts/screws into and replace it with one that has all the tabs correctly installed. At this point I don't think, and I could be wrong like I have once in my life before, that the cee-bailey wouldn't correct this. I ordered one but if it doesn't hold the assembly in place stronger then it's a waste. But at least I have a headlight assembly now that has no cracks. Also I'll see what happens after I wash it to see if it fogs up. One other thing. My fork seals are leaking not real bad yet but not like they should at all with 14,000 miles. Even the dealership found that rather odd. But they'll be happy to charge me $400 dollars to fix it. I wonder if they sale these bikes at a decent price but make their money back repairing them?

What I've learned from buying a Victory. Be a very good mechanic with high dollar tools and have a good imagination on how to fabricate your own parts. After market parts are slim to none. [/SIZE]
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-11 5:54 PM (#172374 - in reply to #123711)

Visionary

<p>5136940 p/n for 2010 headlight mount,   frame p/n 1015629 headlight 2411430 1016017 p/n for 2009 headlight mount,   frame p/n 1015629 headlight p/n 2410971 headlight p/n 2411430 don't know why they change the parts but you can see they did change the mount Sayy did your dealer order the international headlight by mistake</p>

Edited by johnnyvision 2015-05-11 5:55 PM
Lojak
Posted 2015-05-11 10:23 PM (#172381 - in reply to #123711)

Cruiser

New Brunswick , Canada
To the ones that there headlight is cracking to the upper right corner,,, you wouldn't be by any chance had installed a set of Chrome Grill !!!!
Nozzledog
Posted 2015-05-12 11:38 AM (#172392 - in reply to #123711)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Has anyone tried rubber washers when mounting the headlamp? Might ease the stress a little.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-12 5:17 PM (#172399 - in reply to #123711)

Visionary

they are all ready mounted to rubber grommets.

Lojak
Posted 2015-05-12 10:28 PM (#172403 - in reply to #123711)

Cruiser

New Brunswick , Canada
Well after 5 headlight in 2 years and dealer said no more warranty replacement , I wasn't to happy at Victory. So decided to give it a try. I had the shop installed the Chrome Grill when I both the bike. Took the side panel off with the right side chrome grill on it. (Right side when facing the front ). Put in the new headlight . As I mount the right side panel I notice it was putting a lot of pressure on the bottom right side of the headlight. The left side was ok . I put some extra washers were the chrome grill screws to the side panel to change the degree of angle so it wouldn't put to much pressure.. It's been 2 years and not 1 crack headlight yet . It could be a manufacture defect in the right side chrome grill the angle is not correct . that's why I was asking if any of you had replace your front Grill with the Chrome one . What ever is the problem with some bike's with the headlight all cracking at the same place , Victory is not very helpful with this problem .
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™