You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Dream or Nightmare?
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-13 8:11 PM (#800)
Subject: Vision Dream or Nightmare?

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
Wow! I thought the testride was a dream. As soon as I was finished I rushed over to my dealer to find out the status of my Tour Premium (ordered and deposit paid last April). I was told it would be there in about a week. A week later I received a call telling me to come in and pick up my new bike. What an exciting call to receive! After a 60 mile drive I arrived at the dealership only to find no Tour Premium. What a disappointment, so after discussing a few concessions I left. I received another call later that day indicating a new arrival date a week later, needless to say my exdpectations were not so high and true to my gut feeling still no new bike. It seems many others are in the same situation as I. I wonder how Victory feels that they can start a good customer relationship this way. I am quite surprised at their lack of communication and a bit disappointed. Any others out there feeling the same or am I just being hypersensitive?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-13 9:17 PM (#803 - in reply to #800)
Subject: Re: Vision Dream or Nightmare?

Visionary

So Cal
I agree. This was a chance to show people they have achoise in american motorcycle, a BETTER choice, and theyre blowing it. Acurate communication goes a long way.
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-10-13 9:22 PM (#804 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

me too
Miles
Posted 2007-10-13 9:35 PM (#806 - in reply to #800)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
I wonder how much of this is from the Dealers. At the same time it seems many people are given a date, and poof, that's the date the bike shows up.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-14 1:48 AM (#811 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
Im hoping
okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-22 12:12 AM (#968 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I don't know how much the dealer is contributing to this. They say Victory won't give them any details. I really wonder why Victory would send bikes out that are not what was ordered. They are providing bikes for someone to walk in off the street and buy but loyal deposit customers that have been are made to wait even more. Is this a great customer experience or what? I know the Victory engineers and execs watch these websites. Victory... Can you hear me?
Joe H
Posted 2007-10-22 5:59 AM (#970 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

Eyota, MN
I think the reason some of these dealers have bikes to sell is that they ordered them like anyone else could, just to have them early for sale. All they had to do was have someones name on that order.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-22 9:54 AM (#971 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I don't think they ordered a "bunch" of bikes without buyers on the fence. I understand, prior to shipping the bikes have to be paid off by the dealership. I don't know of two many dealers willing to sink more the 100 grand for 4 bikes, they're not positive will sell. I understand this is a shipping company trying to hem up Polaris for more cash. That's a crock of crap.
swiftvtx
Posted 2007-10-22 10:14 AM (#973 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

I know the dealer that I'm working with ordered six with only two of them sold, also there is a dealer that has four of them for sale on cycletrader. So he must have ordered them for his stock.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-22 10:33 AM (#974 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
maybe it's just so.cal thats getting the shaft
Joe H
Posted 2007-10-22 8:21 PM (#982 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

Eyota, MN
I talked to my dealer today and my bikes ship date got moved from 10/16 to 10/30. Little frustrated but not a hell of a lot I can do about it. He also said that spirit lake was shut down for a few days by the D.O.T because of a sticker that was not on the bikes, not just the visions but all the bikes. They had to go back and uncrate the ones that were crated to put the stickers on and then close them back up. My dealer knows some people higher up in Victory and I trust what he said it true.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-22 9:50 PM (#986 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
Welcome to the club. "TWC" The Waiters Club!!!!
okthenbye
Posted 2007-10-22 11:48 PM (#993 - in reply to #800)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I spoke to a dealer in So. Ca. today that said he will be receiving several Vision Tour Premiums about the first week of Nov. He also said only Grey and Silver/Black were on the truck. No Midnight Cherry! That kind of falls in to the date range that Joe H mentions above. Well, Hope it is soon for all that are in "TWC"
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-23 1:40 AM (#999 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
Yeah. Christmas is comming too!!! The 2009's are just around the corner!!!
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-10-23 8:00 AM (#1003 - in reply to #974)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
No, I haven't received the bike I "pre-ordered" & put a deposit on in April. I'm in Florida where the dealers have received their "show room stock" Visions before their "pre-ordered" bikes. Needless to say I'm not a happy Vicster & don't like being in the "twc". Luke
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-23 10:07 AM (#1008 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I'm on board the TWC. I'm not proud of this position. I would also like to be the villiage idiot, which I feel like and qualify for, since I have believed the Victory plant on my ship date(s)(s)(s)....Let us remember the first shipping promiss date...and all it has brought with it...and to all a good night. "click", damn, playing roulette with myself and can't win at that either!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-23 11:37 PM (#1051 - in reply to #1008)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
It is really frustrating for us to wait.........we all want to be instantly gratified, that is the way we all grew up, right. Some of you folks pre-ordered the Vision prior to riding, I did not do that, I placed money down on a Vision after riding this new bike. I admire those that placed the order early, hopefully your getting your bikes now. When I placed money down on a new Vision I asked the dealer when they thought these bikes would start showing up, they really did not know. I asked them how many they had on order, they said 14 and that is for the whole year, until next fall, that does not sound like a lot for the largest dealer in Houston. So I asked another dealer in this area, how many bikes they had on order, they said only six. There are four dealers in the Houston area, so an area of 4 million folk gets no more that 40 Visions. That does not seam like alot of these wonderful bikes per capita. There is probably at least 40+ 08 Ultra Classics sold already this fall in Houston. If your thinking about getting one of these bikes, I would say now's the time to get on the list. If your waiting for next year to be easier or cheaper, I wouldn't count on it. As most of us know, we are waiting for what we want........that in itself is worth the wait.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-24 10:16 AM (#1057 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
what a wonderful, flowery crock of whoey!
I do like instant gratification, who doesn't? Call me old fashion, but I expect people to stick to their word. If we were told up front, this could take until mid 2008, I would understand and have more time to plan financing, and cinch other loose ends, so at the given time I would just pick up the bike. I would be a very happy customer. I'm not a happy customer now. I have "print-outs" showing shipping dates (s)(s)(s).
This means, someone has their head clean up their whazu. What does this mean to me? Since I don't have 20K to wing at a dealer, I get a pre approved loan. As we all know, these are good for a certain amount of days, 30,60...they also give you some flexibility when it comes down to final deal. Now, that I have been pushed back 2 months, my pre-approval will become void. Now I get to go thru the whole process again.....or will I. There was story about a man who cried wolf, and his brother, the company the cried shipping.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-24 10:17 AM (#1058 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
i need a tissue for my issue!
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-10-24 2:49 PM (#1077 - in reply to #800)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
For all of you guys with me in the TWC, I had a LLOONNGG talk with the sales mgr @ my dealer today.He's as frustrated as we are !!!!! He gave me my NEW ship date of 10-26-07 which he said was a confirmed date as opposed to the previous date ship date which was never confirmed by the plant previously. We'll see. I had planned to ride my new Vis to Daytona for Biketoberfest last weekend & to Lobsterfest II this weekend but will have to drive my F350 instead. I just can't ride my 2000 v92SC on long rides anymore.She's a good cruiser w/ bags but was never designed to go long distances (she even has Mustang seats) but my back won't stand another long run. That's why I ordered the Vis. It's the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden & planned to do a lot of touring. I just hope it's all I waited for. Luke

Edited by blwtf150 2007-10-24 2:51 PM
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-27 2:02 AM (#1207 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
My dealer got a e-mail frome the factory today. They have another supplier problem. Shippments have been delayed till mid Nov.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-27 2:44 AM (#1212 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
Im beginning to wonder about Victory, how do they keep having supplier problems when your atleast 2000miles from mexico?
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-27 8:20 AM (#1215 - in reply to #1207)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
cjnoho - 2007-10-27 2:02 AM

My dealer got a e-mail frome the factory today. They have another supplier problem. Shippments have been delayed till mid Nov.

Can you give details as to what part/assembly is effected?

cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-27 10:30 AM (#1219 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
Just says they have "uncovered a supplier issue related to all models"
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-27 1:15 PM (#1221 - in reply to #800)

Visionary

So Cal
letter says it affects cruisers and visions. must be a tech thing, not cosmetic
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™