You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Centramatics wheel balancers
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

lstayner
Posted 2012-10-07 9:48 AM (#124845)
Subject: Centramatics wheel balancers

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Yesterday when i was at my local Victory dealer I got some really good news. They have been working with Centramatics wheel balancer to fit a set on a Victory. I actually got to ride a Vision with a set installed. It was butter smooth. To many of you ex Goldwing riders you know what they are and how they work. I had a set on a 2010 GW and really liked them. I got a few thousand extra miles out of a set of tires to. When I traded it for the Vision, I sold them to a freind of mine. He was skeptical until he rode with them. I contacted Centramatics right after I got the Vision to see if they would be making them for Victories. Between me and my dealer bugging him, he finally came through.

Should be available by the end of the year. I ordered a set for my Vision and the wife's CR.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2012-10-07 1:48 PM (#124855 - in reply to #124845)
Subject: Re: Centramatics wheel balancers

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i use dyna beads. i have 9000 miles on them so far and they are perfect!
Nozzledog
Posted 2012-10-07 4:37 PM (#124859 - in reply to #124845)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Did I see it costs between $200-$300? I can get a lot of airsoft pellets for that! I'm kinda liking the added safety of the Ride-On tire sealant/balancer I'm using now. Of course, at $20 for 2 wheels, the Centramatics would be cheaper in 150,000 miles.
johnnyvision
Posted 2012-10-07 6:24 PM (#124867 - in reply to #124845)

Visionary

It really upset me when a post like this comes a long. You say all about the product "but" never provide a web site for us that know nothing about the product.
I thought we were here to help one another. Guess its my miss understanding.
I'm not trying to pick on you lstayner sorry if you take it that way.

As for that balancing system I don't see how it will make the ride smoother when bolted to the rim. If a tire is out of wack no weights will help.
When I need tires i had a friend do mine and we checked the rims for the hell of it and the back one was out by a 16th of a once. But now the next time I put in new bearing that might change.
If you ever go into a harley dealer and look at all the zero mile bikes you will not see no wheel weights and 95% of the tires are mounted.
http://centramatic.com/Home.aspx
ByteN2it
Posted 2012-10-07 6:33 PM (#124868 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I can understand this bolt on system when used on big rigs that constantly change tires-$290 will buy a lot of DynaBeads/RideOn for the bikes.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-10-07 7:08 PM (#124874 - in reply to #124845)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Yea, I don't see the advantage. My Ride on does the same thing AND keeps me from going flat, an added advantage.
lstayner
Posted 2012-10-07 7:26 PM (#124876 - in reply to #124867)

Tourer

Sorry man. I didn't think about the website. Next time I will make sure I add it.
lstayner
Posted 2012-10-07 7:37 PM (#124877 - in reply to #124859)

Tourer

Nozzledog - 2012-10-07 4:37 PM

Did I see it costs between $200-$300? I can get a lot of airsoft pellets for that! I'm kinda liking the added safety of the Ride-On tire sealant/balancer I'm using now. Of course, at $20 for 2 wheels, the Centramatics would be cheaper in 150,000 miles.

That is a good point. Te nice thing about the Centramatics is that I don't have to buy them, pay shipping, buy them, pay shipping, buy them pay shipping. I buy them one time and when I trade for another bike, I take them with me or I turn around and sell them to another Victory rider if I change brands. They never wear out.

Tire sealant? Really, when was the last time you had a flat on the road? In all my years and miles I have not had a flat tire. I have had one friend have a flat on the road and we fixed it with a plug and were on our way home in less than an hour.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-10-07 9:09 PM (#124879 - in reply to #124845)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
lstayner, you must not ride much. I have had three flats on the road in the last 7 years alone. And when you can't get a tire right away it's a pain in the arse! Sometimes a plug kit won't work. And I don't have to plug it or carry a plug kit with Ride On. But to each his own. Let me tell ya. If you have an HD, great, but anything else, whoa, hold on baby...... what size tire do you need? And if you can find one right away, get ready to pay full dealer retail. No thanks, I'll use my Ride On. It's used by Eagle Rental Company and they rent every kind of bike across the US and swear by it.

But hey, smarty pants, Centramatics sounds like a good thing for you! Ride that Semi Tractor Trailer.
Nozzledog
Posted 2012-10-07 11:11 PM (#124887 - in reply to #124845)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It didn't bother me that there was no link. With google, it only slowed me down by 15 seconds not having it, but it is a nice courtesy. It looks like they bolt to the rims, and have a small channel all the way around that bearings can move thru JUST LIKE DYNABEADS! or Ride-On or airsoft. Only @ 200X the cost of airsoft. I'll save the money and buy more stuff from CycleOps... or maybe Lloyds this time.
http://centramatic.com/Page.aspx?page=Harley%20Davidson
here's the link for HD ones.

Edited by Nozzledog 2012-10-07 11:15 PM
lstayner
Posted 2012-10-08 7:14 AM (#124893 - in reply to #124879)

Tourer

Actually I ride a lot. I have 23K on a Vision I bought last November. In 4 years I have ridden over 85K. My wife who rides almost as many miles has over 60K in her 3 years. I said I have never had a flat. I have had 2 tires that have had a screw or bolt sticking out of them but no flats.

There is no need to get personal on the forum. You have your ideas and I have mine.

See yah at the next truck stop!
okie vision
Posted 2012-10-08 11:19 AM (#124902 - in reply to #124845)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Proven technology whether someone thinks it's worth the money or not.
I'll also stick with dyna beads or a conventional balance but it's cool they're entering the world of the Vision.
Thanks Larry
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-10-08 8:32 PM (#124931 - in reply to #124845)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Ohhhhhhh, lstayner! I am sooooooo sorry. I did not mean to get personal on this site. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! So guess you just rode on those 2 "not flat" tires with screws or bolts sticking in 'em? Down here in the deep south we call that a flat! Some places just call it a tire that needs to be fixed~
lstayner
Posted 2012-10-08 8:46 PM (#124932 - in reply to #124931)

Tourer

MaddMAx2u - 2012-10-08 8:32 PM

Ohhhhhhh, lstayner! I am sooooooo sorry. I did not mean to get personal on this site. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! So guess you just rode on those 2 "not flat" tires with screws or bolts sticking in 'em? Down here in the deep south we call that a flat! Some places just call it a tire that needs to be fixed~

One thing that I have learned over the years. Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2012-10-10 8:24 AM (#125019 - in reply to #124932)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
lstayner - 2012-10-08 9:46 PM

One thing that I have learned over the years. Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.

OK, I won't argue with you~!!

Edited by MaddMAx2u 2012-10-10 8:24 AM
Tennessee Vision
Posted 2014-01-02 2:57 PM (#150194 - in reply to #124845)
Subject: RE: Centramatics wheel balancers

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
I just ordered a set of Centramatics for my Vision. The MV100-106. Found them on eBay for $226. About $80 less than from Centramatic direct. Looking forward to testing their theory of longevity! For me....it's totally worth the money if they live up to their claims. And certainly provides a level of consistency over changing balancing methods at every tire change. Install correctly initially.....never worry about any issues with balance going forward. Seems like hitting the "EASY" button to me. And.....it's only money! I'll go out and make some more! LOL
JustBob
Posted 2014-01-02 8:08 PM (#150203 - in reply to #124845)

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States
Ihave a set for my next tire change Can't wait
lstayner
Posted 2014-01-03 10:46 AM (#150218 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

UPDATE

I have 18K on the rear Commander II tire with the Centramatics. The tire is still showing plenty of wear bar yet. It looks like the front Commander II will be worn out before the rear. A friend of mine installed them on his CCT and he also really likes the ride.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-01-03 11:50 AM (#150222 - in reply to #150218)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Interesting.

Centramatics are used on big rigs, but a lot more people just use the big truck version of Dynabeads or a tire balancing powder inside the tire. The beads work the best, because the powder can clump up if too much moisture gets into the tire.

Ronnie
el spanky
Posted 2014-01-03 7:23 PM (#150228 - in reply to #124845)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
The warranty is wanker.. Ones for Big Trucks come with a Million Mile Warranty!!! Well I just learn about these for bike... I might have to try a pair!!?
lstayner
Posted 2014-01-04 7:31 AM (#150235 - in reply to #150222)

Tourer

rdbudd - 2014-01-03 11:50 AM

Interesting.

Centramatics are used on big rigs, but a lot more people just use the big truck version of Dynabeads or a tire balancing powder inside the tire. The beads work the best, because the powder can clump up if too much moisture gets into the tire.

Ronnie

I tried dynabeads on a set of tires. They work fine but the Centramatics IMHO feel better. It is hard to explain the difference until you have actually ridden with them. The bike just feels more stable.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-01-04 10:12 AM (#150238 - in reply to #150235)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
lstayner - 2014-01-04 7:31 AM

rdbudd - 2014-01-03 11:50 AM

Interesting.

Ronnie

I tried dynabeads on a set of tires. They work fine but the Centramatics IMHO feel better. It is hard to explain the difference until you have actually ridden with them. The bike just feels more stable.

That's interesting. When I said "the beads work best", I meant in comparison to the balancing powder, not overall.

The Centramatics work well on the big rigs too, but VERY pricey. Beads in the tire work nearly as well and are cheap and easy to install. They just throw a bunch in the tire and then mount the tire.

Ronnie
ByteN2it
Posted 2014-01-04 10:27 AM (#150239 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I've been using Ride On. It balances the tire a bit better than the Dyna Beads as it's a viscous gel that stays in place but soft enough to static balance throughout the tire's life unlike beads that settle to the bottom & are redistributed every time you stop & go. Nothing to possibly get stuck in the valve stem and create an air leak & has the ability to plug a puncture-as long as it's in the center band of the tire. Also nothing falling out when you change the tire. Centramatics seem awfully bulky & a lot of unsprung weight to be adding to the wheels-I'll be sticking with Ride On for now. http://www.ride-on.com/
Travelin Man
Posted 2014-01-04 4:36 PM (#150243 - in reply to #124845)

Iron Butt

The ONLY problem that I see with the Dynabeads is that sometimes they don't flow smoothly around the inside of the tire as most tires have ridges from internal cords or strands that go from one side wall to the other. In the Dynabeads demo video they show a plastic bottle mounted on a drill, one with the Dynabeads and one without, and you can easily see how they stabilize a rotating mass, the only problem with the demo is that the inside of the bottle is smooth.

I like the idea of the Centramatics but I don't like how they change the look of the wheel. I've been averaging around 16,000 to 18,000 miles per set of Dunlop Elite 3s and next summer when it should be time to change this current set I am switch the rear tire to the Dunlop Elite 3MT which has a harder compound in the center of the tire and softer compounds on the edged for better grip when cornering. I've been told by some of my friends who still ride Goldwings (I just can't get them to switch) that they are now getting 22,000 to 24,000 miles on a set. Just so you know, I always change my tires as a complete set which usually means I have quite a bit of life left on the front tire. With extended use of the rear tire I expect that both tires will actually be worn enough to warrant changing simply due to wear now.

As mentioned earlier, the tire sealant also makes a good balancing tool but some of those sealants can corrode away the aluminum from the rim so be careful with what brand you use.
lstayner
Posted 2014-01-04 7:46 PM (#150247 - in reply to #150243)

Tourer

Travelin Man - 2014-01-04 4:36 PM

I like the idea of the Centramatics but I don't like how they change the look of the wheel. I've been averaging around 16,000 to 18,000 miles per set of Dunlop Elite 3s and next summer when it should be time to change this current set I am switch the rear tire to the Dunlop Elite 3MT which has a harder compound in the center of the tire and softer compounds on the edged for better grip when cornering. I've been told by some of my friends who still ride Goldwings (I just can't get them to switch) that they are now getting 22,000 to 24,000 miles on a set. Just so you know, I always change my tires as a complete set which usually means I have quite a bit of life left on the front tire. With extended use of the rear tire I expect that both tires will actually be worn enough to warrant changing simply due to wear now.

As mentioned earlier, the tire sealant also makes a good balancing tool but some of those sealants can corrode away the aluminum from the rim so be careful with what brand you use.

The Centramatics fit behind the disk brake. You really can't see them unless you are really looking for them. Tou can always tell a GW rider, but you tell tell them much (ex GW rider myself)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™