You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Centramatics wheel balancers
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

rdbudd
Posted 2014-01-05 12:02 PM (#150258 - in reply to #150247)
Subject: Re: Centramatics wheel balancers

Visionary

Jasper, MO
lstayner - 2014-01-04 7:46 PM
You can always tell a GW rider, but you can't tell them much (ex GW rider myself)

LOL!

They are as hard to convince that there might be something else to ride, besides their chosen ride, as Harley riders are. Maybe worse.

Ronnie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Travelin Man
Posted 2014-01-05 12:37 PM (#150259 - in reply to #150247)

Iron Butt

lstayner - 2014-01-04 7:46 PM The Centramatics fit behind the disk brake. You really can't see them unless you are really looking for them. Tou can always tell a GW rider, but you tell tell them much (ex GW rider myself)

So they move the disk rotor out a little?  If so how does it affect pad wear on the brakes?

Tennessee Vision
Posted 2014-01-05 2:12 PM (#150260 - in reply to #150259)

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
Travelin Man - 2014-01-05 12:37 PM

lstayner - 2014-01-04 7:46 PM The Centramatics fit behind the disk brake. You really can't see them unless you are really looking for them. Tou can always tell a GW rider, but you tell tell them much (ex GW rider myself)

?

So they move the disk rotor out a little?? If so how does it affect pad wear on the brakes?

?

That's a fair question Travelin Man. My Vision does not have ABS. That part won't be of concern for me. I will certainly be watching the brake pad wear. Initially, I am not overly concerned.....but I will update this thread as I put some miles on mine once installed.
Tennessee Vision
Posted 2014-01-05 2:16 PM (#150261 - in reply to #150239)

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
ByteN2it - 2014-01-04 10:27 AM

I've been using Ride On. It balances the tire a bit better than the Dyna Beads as it's a viscous gel that stays in place but soft enough to static balance throughout the tire's life unlike beads that settle to the bottom & are redistributed every time you stop & go. Nothing to possibly get stuck in the valve stem and create an air leak & has the ability to plug a puncture-as long as it's in the center band of the tire. Also nothing falling out when you change the tire. Centramatics seem awfully bulky & a lot of unsprung weight to be adding to the wheels-I'll be sticking with Ride On for now. http://www.ride-on.com/

The Centramatic balancers only add 3oz of weight to both front and rear wheels. They do everything equally you have described in the Ride On product, except fill in a leak to the tread.

Edited by Tennessee Vision 2014-01-05 2:18 PM
ByteN2it
Posted 2014-01-05 5:42 PM (#150262 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I went to their site & looked at 'em & I'm OK with what I'm using for now.
http://centramatic.com/Page.aspx?page=Video%20Installation%20For%20...
lstayner
Posted 2014-01-06 2:49 PM (#150299 - in reply to #150259)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Travelin Man - 2014-01-05 12:37 PM

?

So they move the disk rotor out a little?? If so how does it affect pad wear on the brakes?

?

Where they bolt on is a fairly thin piece of SS. I have 50K on my brakes and they look fine. This is not a new product as they have been making them for Honda's and HD for years. I am sure if there was a problem they would have found it by now.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-01-06 9:54 PM (#150312 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I think I would be more concerned about the effect6 on the belt pulley than on the brake disc. Brakes float somewhat to center over the disc or they would not stay centered well as the pads wear but belts should be aligned. As noted on the install video, you also need to adjust the air gap for the ABS. That gap is very narrow and will be affected even by the small movement.
Tennessee Vision
Posted 2014-01-21 3:28 PM (#150683 - in reply to #150312)

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
Received and installed my Centramatic Wheel Balancers last week. Had a nice weekend to get some riding in Tennessee. I have nothing but the regular ole wheel weights to compare these things to, but all I can say is WOW! Just the smoothness of the handling has already made these things a worth while purchase for me! Not even the slightest vibration in the front end (which I had before with the wheel weights). The tracking in the corners was almost unbelievable. Didn't expect to be able to feel the difference like I did.
If the tiny little balls or the goo in your tire makes you happy....I say stick with it, but this Centramatic balancers do what they say. Looking forward to reporting back with some tire wear data later this year.
ByteN2it
Posted 2014-01-21 7:31 PM (#150687 - in reply to #124845)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
MMM..

Edited by ByteN2it 2014-01-21 7:33 PM

(45094495.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 45094495.jpg (93KB - 0 downloads)
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2014-01-22 1:44 PM (#150702 - in reply to #124874)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
MaddMAx2u - 2012-10-07 8:08 PM

Yea, I don't see the advantage. My Ride on does the same thing AND keeps me from going flat, an added advantage.

Agreed. I have heard of Centramatics befroe and it seems like a PIA and a waste of big dollars. SUre, I have to use Ride On every tire change. But I also get flat protection. And on my bike, that alone can be a life saver. So I'll keep using my Ride On. All this crap works the same way to balance a wheel and each one is equally effective at balancing your tires continually, even as the tire wears. But only one that I am aware of adds flat protection and is used by a national Firm that rents motorcycles. Ride On (Eagle Rentals uses it in all their bikes so I'm told)

And for johnnyvision.......... LOL LOL

www.ride-on.com/‎

MaddMAx2u
Posted 2014-01-22 1:44 PM (#150703 - in reply to #124874)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
MaddMAx2u - 2012-10-07 8:08 PM

Yea, I don't see the advantage. My Ride on does the same thing AND keeps me from going flat, an added advantage.

Agreed. I have heard of Centramatics befroe and it seems like a PIA and a waste of big dollars. SUre, I have to use Ride On every tire change. But I also get flat protection. And on my bike, that alone can be a life saver. So I'll keep using my Ride On. All this crap works the same way to balance a wheel and each one is equally effective at balancing your tires continually, even as the tire wears. But only one that I am aware of adds flat protection and is used by a national Firm that rents motorcycles. Ride On (Eagle Rentals uses it in all their bikes so I'm told)

And for johnnyvision.......... LOL LOL

www.ride-on.com/‎

Tennessee Vision
Posted 2014-01-22 6:23 PM (#150704 - in reply to #124845)

Cruiser

Spring Hill, Tennessee
Well this was a great thread anyway. No matter what your opinion, this is a good product! I bought mine on EBay for $226. That's about $50 more than I have been paying for one rear tire....and it's permanent! PIA? No doubt if you don't own a torque wrench. Removing and installing both wheels is about a 3 hour job (with interruptions). Flat tires? Never thought about that before.....because in 15 years of riding I've never had one! Guess I'll be in trouble if that day ever comes?
Anyway....good information on an acceptable product for the Vision! Thank you for sharing......
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™