You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Awaiting my Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

metalguy
Posted 2007-10-14 12:13 PM (#822)
Subject: Awaiting my Vision

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Hello everyone. I am new here, but am glad to finally find a forum for the bike I am anxiously awaiting. I recently made my decision to purchase a Vision, after having narrowed the feild down to the Vision, and the Goldwing. I test rode both bikes within hours of each other, thanks to Victory's riding tour. I partook in their ride in the Snoqualmie falls area, where we had a great ride, incurring dry pavement, rain, twisties, traffic, and open freeway. I simulated the same types of riding with the Goldwing later. Both rides I had my S.O. on the back, and got great input from her as well. BOTH bikes are wonderful tourers. But it was the little things that swayed me to the Vision. While I enjoy the styling of the Vision better, I would not buy a bike like this on looks alone, as i plan on riding the hell ot of it, and want it to RIDE. The powdercoated wheels, spacious floorboards, the radio controls, the instrumentation, the electric windshield, and the deply padded seats all contributed to sway me. I love this bike, and can hardly wait to get mine!-----Metalguy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-15 11:37 AM (#839 - in reply to #822)
Subject: Re: Awaiting my Vision

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
wait in line! then again, I've only been waiting 3 months.
You may pull off what a couple of other fortunate riders did. Visions showed up on their doorstep with out an order.
Hope your lucky. Then again, this is a great site to help with the wait!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-15 12:10 PM (#842 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yes , we have a tissue program currently in high demand. Feel free to also get yours at the back of the page, and use extensively until such time as your condition is resolved. However, delight in the ability, that others as myself continue to rack up the miles, driving around on one of the coolest bikes.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-15 2:14 PM (#845 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollolittle, I'm not going to lie,,,,you brought me down a bit with that. The tissues are running out for me. A total break down is eminant. If it wasn't for Victory sending me the "Sorry we suck at delivery", I would have commited H-D by now. Don't tell anyone....but you said RACK!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-15 2:33 PM (#846 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yes, you are correct, I said "RACK". I am 13 miles away from breaking 1000 miles. It is the coolest. I do love riding. I however, would have been willing to wait for the Cool "JETSON, BATMAN, POWER RANGER, TRANSFORMER BIKE." Luckily I didn't have to. As we all do, by the time we are 30, start to live vicariously through me until such time you can step out on your own. I don't mind! We both know by the time we are 30 we are already trying to figure out how to live through the young 21 year old male full of testosterone.
metalguy
Posted 2007-10-15 6:25 PM (#850 - in reply to #822)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Awww, I will continue to ride my chopper until I get my Vision. 3,000 miles in the first month I have been back from the desert of Iraq....No need for tissues for me!-----Metalguy
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-15 9:19 PM (#856 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
been there X2 and I'm still on edge waiting...must be my PTSD?
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-16 12:21 AM (#857 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

So Cal
This is supposed to be my week. Heres hoping everythings on time and on schedule. I got a letter from Victory today. Just a repeat about the chrome lower legs. No update about my order though. No news is good news???
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-16 10:04 AM (#858 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Nadda, Nothing, nope. Then again, they haven't had time to get into the shop yet. I think my "guy" at the shop takes sun-mon off.
I got no word yesterday, which is par. I'm hoping we get something (anything) today. I did call last week and he told me shipping on the 12th (from the factory via the i-net). I was also told the 5th of this month, so who knows for sure. I'm thinking we are on the same truck cjnoho...We will be riding the vision this week end. THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-16 1:44 PM (#862 - in reply to #858)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I'm another new member here. Waiting for my Cherry, Premium Tour at this time. Dealer says first of December. Hard wait. I've asked the questions about the motor colors and the dealer doesn't have a clue on which color motor would come with the bike. Anyone know?
chahn1
Posted 2007-10-16 6:42 PM (#864 - in reply to #822)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
I was told by the Victory rep here on Saturday that the only motor color is black with black fins. I got my silver tour premium and it has the black engine. i've got 1,100 miles on mine and it is fantastic.
Viking
Posted 2007-10-16 9:08 PM (#868 - in reply to #858)

Puddle Jumper

I'm in the same boat. My Midnight Cherry Tour Premium was schedule to ship on 10/12. I checked with the dealer on 10/12 and the "system" reflected that the bike showed shipped status 10/12. My dealer told me to call back on Monday to see if they updated their system. Called Monday, no change no new information. Called again today and pressed them to find out shipment status. They called back and said that the ship date had been changed to 10/19 (I live in California and evidently the "California Shipments" are scheduled on Fridays). Anyway, I called a friend who runs another dealership and he told me his 10/12 shipments had all been moved to 10/19. He spoke to his Victory rep and was told that 10/19 looked like a good date barring any unforseen issues. So who the heck knows?! The good news is that I got some news and thought it may be beneficial to those who haven't received any.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-16 11:42 PM (#870 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

So Cal
My wife called the dealear today (did I say what a great woman she is?) they said it has been shipped. They called back later when she wasnt home. Both of us listened to the message and couldnt undestand a thing he said except to call back. So, shes going to call back tomorrow.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-17 7:59 AM (#875 - in reply to #864)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I was at the BB&B Rally at Fayetville AR. two weeks ago and saw a premium cherry Street there that had a license application tag for a plate, so I'm assuming it was a production bike and not a show bike.........it had a silver motor. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. Also, saw two other premiums Tours, one cherry, one black and both had black motors. I'm not sure which motor color I like best with the Cherry color.
wrr1home
Posted 2007-10-18 10:59 AM (#892 - in reply to #822)

Cruiser

Had a ship date of 10/10 on my silver premium tour...now it has been moved to 10/24. Can't wait!
Meanwhile, my '99 V92C is sitting on the dealer's floor waiting for a new owner. Really been missing riding for the last month!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-18 12:11 PM (#896 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
AHHHHHHHH! 10/19 now! HOW IN THE HECK IS THIS HAPPENING? I'm getting internet print outs from my dealer showing me delivery dates, and it has been changed at least 3 times. I should have had my fat butt in the saddle a month ago! Once again.AHHHHHHHHHH!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-18 12:12 PM (#897 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I'm out of tissue, and looking to reload my 9mm.
swiftvtx
Posted 2007-10-18 12:16 PM (#898 - in reply to #897)

Cruiser

BUCKEYE - 2007-10-18 7:12 AM

I'm out of tissue, and looking to reload my 9mm.

That's some serious nose blowing.
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-18 1:37 PM (#902 - in reply to #896)

Tourer

I'm sorry BUCKEYE, you are now where I was, The original ship date I was given was Sept. 12 and it got pushed back twice, then of course the week lost because of the driver with a suspended license.
I tell you, even with all the frustration it was worth the wait.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-18 1:54 PM (#903 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I already know of two different places that have these machines, is there a problem with getting one elsewhere. Why are you looking to reload the 9mm, What happened to the first set of ammo, HMMMMM!?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-18 2:47 PM (#909 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Yeah, My original date was in Sept. 12 , so that didn't help my PTSD. I wasn't in Vietnam, but I think I'm getting agent orange reactions also..... I unloaded on my neighbors cat! (PETA=no felines were hurt during the making of this post).
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-18 2:49 PM (#910 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
here kitty, kitty,kitty
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-18 10:29 PM (#919 - in reply to #822)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Did you find that cat? Here camel, camel, camel. Do I need to get you a bigger gun, there Devil Dog. I think Buckeye has a case of Desert Storm Syndrome or LOC Syndrome aka (Lack Of Cannon).
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-19 11:59 AM (#931 - in reply to #822)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Funny you should say that. I'm a cannoneer by trade. DPICM (Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions) makes red vapors and spots on the desert floor. By the way, you call a camel like this..muck,muck,muck KABLAM!
I would like to also clear the air on the Desert Storm Syndrom. I have my PTSD from Iraqi Freedom I, and II. Since, you are a sailor, I understand your lack of detail. Then again, you have your bike, and I'm just looking at my war medals! RELOAD! here kitty, kitty. I'm taking it out with my K-Bar.
metalguy
Posted 2007-10-19 3:46 PM (#937 - in reply to #822)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I do NOT have PTSD, and am glad about that, at least! Seems the Hueys we were teaching the Iraqis to fly in (And that I made gun mounts for) may have been some used in Vietnam. they were originally "gifted from Jordan, and were late 1960's models...I am still waiting for my tour premuim black cherry, but our sucky weather eases my mind some...but my right wrist sure twitches...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™