You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Need recommendation for auxiliary mirrors for the Vision
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

lkirts
Posted 2012-11-24 9:24 AM (#127428 - in reply to #127398)
Subject: Re: Need recommendation for auxiliary mirrors for the Vision

, MD
Marc, Ordered a pair of mirrors a couple months ago similar to the ones in your picture. You fab mirror covers on the stock vision mirrors? Is this a purchased item or something else? Love my Vision but find the stock mirrors almost useless.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
opas ride
Posted 2012-11-24 12:15 PM (#127442 - in reply to #126970)

Tourer

Again, I do not grasp why some have mirror issues with the Vision..If adjusted properly they are as good as any other mirror and are not,IMHO, "almost useless"...So you see a little knuckle, no big deal...Been riding a Vision for a few years now with no mirror complaints.......
willtill
Posted 2012-11-24 6:14 PM (#127460 - in reply to #127442)

Visionary

Central Maryland
opas ride - 2012-11-24 1:15 PM

Again, I do not grasp why some have mirror issues with the Vision..If adjusted properly they are as good as any other mirror and are not,IMHO, "almost useless"...So you see a little knuckle, no big deal...Been riding a Vision for a few years now with no mirror complaints.......

That's because yer a runt and you are able to look "under" your knuckles in the mirror....
ByteN2it
Posted 2012-11-25 9:45 AM (#127486 - in reply to #127460)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I remembered seeing these-they have some mirrors specifically for a Vision in their Vehicle Application Guide
https://www.saeng.com/category.php?category=61

20 10 Vision
Posted 2012-11-25 1:03 PM (#127495 - in reply to #126970)

Tourer

After much Google searching I finally found the mirror's that DonTracy has pictured. They are at Camping World - @ $15each. Bought a pair and hopefully that will work better than the stock mirrors.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/auxiliary-mirror/17255
willtill
Posted 2012-11-25 2:00 PM (#127496 - in reply to #127495)

Visionary

Central Maryland
20 10 Vision - 2012-11-25 2:03 PM

After much Google searching I finally found the mirror's that DonTracy has pictured. They are at Camping World - @ $15each. Bought a pair and hopefully that will work better than the stock mirrors.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/auxiliary-mirror/17255

Good find! I searched the forum as well and couldn't find that Canuck's source for them either....

How do they actually "clip on"?
norcan
Posted 2012-11-25 2:59 PM (#127497 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
For you southern riders who want deflectoers for cooler weatherm how about a set of west coast truck mirrors instead of wind deflectors? Now you would beable to extended to what ever width, and add more lights to be seen! Get the Kenworth style, and paint to match the coloer, would be heated, and electric adjust, so in summer when turned out you would be able to still see behind yourselves! Just sayin! lol
donetracey
Posted 2012-11-25 4:40 PM (#127501 - in reply to #127496)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

willtill - 2012-11-25 12:00 PM 20 10 Vision - 2012-11-25 2:03 PM After much Google searching I finally found the mirror's that DonTracy has pictured. They are at Camping World - @ $15each. Bought a pair and hopefully that will work better than the stock mirrors. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/auxiliary-mirror/17255 Good find! I searched the forum as well and couldn't find that Canuck's source for them either.... How do they actually "clip on"?

No holes. a piece slides under the top and is squeezed by a block on the top inside the new mirror. i.e. Press Fit. Very nicely done - and have NEVER moved. They can 'shake' a bit - I fixed that with double-sided tape once they were adjusted - can't see the tape. Trouble free for 3+ years.

At my age I can't remember what I watched on TV last night. So remembering where I got them was just not gonna happen!  

willtill
Posted 2012-11-25 5:27 PM (#127502 - in reply to #126970)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Thanks Don! I shall then order them. :-)
wingit3611
Posted 2012-11-25 5:48 PM (#127503 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Willtill: I think its only fair to warren you they only work in conjuntion with your present mirrows. Present mirrow still are the greatest for lane changing. The one's from Camping World Cover the Dead spot behind you. Had mine about 3 years now, mine have no shake. I like them. Note: My first set on a Burgman 650 came from Dr. Leoard's @ $5 apiece
willtill
Posted 2012-11-26 5:00 AM (#127517 - in reply to #127503)

Visionary

Central Maryland
wingit3611 - 2012-11-25 6:48 PM

Willtill: I think its only fair to warren you they only work in conjuntion with your present mirrows. Present mirrow still are the greatest for lane changing. The one's from Camping World Cover the Dead spot behind you. Had mine about 3 years now, mine have no shake. I like them. Note: My first set on a Burgman 650 came from Dr. Leoard's @ $5 apiece

Agree that the stock mirrors are good for lane changing. They just suck for seeing what's behind you. I ordered the Mirrors that Don has; and will give them a go. They're cheap enough so if I don't like 'em, I don't have an issue with tossing them out...
opas ride
Posted 2012-11-26 12:55 PM (#127539 - in reply to #126970)

Tourer

Willtill....Admittedly I am short and old, but I can see just fine with the stock mirrors...Besides that I like my knuckles!!! Good Luck on whatever you decide...Your bike and your choice.....
Gadget
Posted 2012-11-27 11:01 PM (#127637 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Thinking about this company for blind spot. Looks promising. I'll keep posted. http://maxiviewmirrors.com/about_maxi_view.html
wingit3611
Posted 2012-11-28 9:48 AM (#127653 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

The Maxi view Mirrror's mite be a little bigger than the same thing at Walmart for $5 or $6. Stick on with a swival base to adjust them.
Gadget
Posted 2012-11-28 7:18 PM (#127666 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. I'll check my local wal-dog and see if I can't save some money first.
20 10 Vision
Posted 2012-11-30 12:29 PM (#127771 - in reply to #126970)

Tourer

I received and installed the mirrors I mentioned above from the RV place. I received them promptly. The were easy to mount and feel like they are very firm in place. [I am not a DIY guy, so for me to say they were easy to mount, means they are very easy ] The mirror instructions are pretty good, with one exception. In the instructions they refer to a 'key supplied' Well the 'key' is a piece of thin aluminum that is tucked into the bottom of the mirror housing. The 'key' is actually a small tool that you use to tighten down the two bolts to the bike. If you look at the bottom of the mirror housing you will see two pieces of aluminum, both about 1 1/2" long. To get the 'key' out you need to push it side wise and it will come out.
I have not had a change to ride the bike with the additional mirrors, but am hopeful they will be a nice improvement.
SS_Twin
Posted 2012-12-01 2:42 PM (#127836 - in reply to #126970)
Subject: RE: Need recommendation for auxiliary mirrors for the Vision

Puddle Jumper

Fernandina Beach, Florida
Just bought a pair from Wally World, $3.50 and they work really well. Trying to post a pic (for the first time here); hope it works.

(Mirrors.5.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Mirrors.5.JPG (87KB - 0 downloads)
norcan
Posted 2012-12-01 5:25 PM (#127842 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
ok, looking at both mirrors on the picture.........looking at the reflection in both..............I see no more of behind the bike, accutally less as I am able to see the trunk in the oem morrors, but not in the Wally world mirros, Are they not adjusted yet??? Just sayin that i see no gain in this set up!
Boots
Posted 2012-12-01 9:38 PM (#127862 - in reply to #127771)

Tourer

New Mexico
20 10 Vision - 2012-11-30 11:29 AM

I received and installed the mirrors I mentioned above from the RV place.
I have not had a change to ride the bike with the additional mirrors, but am hopeful they will be a nice improvement.

Please update when you have had a chance to test.
donetracey
Posted 2012-12-02 1:02 AM (#127866 - in reply to #127862)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Boots - 2012-12-01 7:38 PM 20 10 Vision - 2012-11-30 11:29 AM I received and installed the mirrors I mentioned above from the RV place. I have not had a change to ride the bike with the additional mirrors, but am hopeful they will be a nice improvement. Please update when you have had a chance to test.

I have had them for 3+ years - my comments are simple. Having them is an improvement over the stock mirrors. Stick-on's in my opinion would just make the stock mirrors worse. My additional mirrors give me a larger - wider view of what's behind me. And they don't annoy me in any way. I'd rather NOT have them - but .... they are an improvement.

Mirrors on anything - car -truck- bike - wheelchair - are not as good as eyes-in-the-back-of-your-head. I have NEVER been happy with ANY mirror system on ANY machine I have operated - you just have to learn to ALWAYS keep your eyes in motion viewing EVERYTHING around you - judging speed, closing distances, brightness, road condition, sex of the drivers, watch THEIR mirrors, your instruments. Mirrors are just a tool to use as best you can in the process. And great, pretty, wonderful, large, shiny mirrors could just as easily KILL you. Don't get carried away ...

Sorry for the lecture. My defensive view has kept me safe, uninjured and alive, and I will keep that up until ....

SS_Twin
Posted 2012-12-03 1:49 PM (#127952 - in reply to #127842)

Puddle Jumper

Fernandina Beach, Florida
norcan - 2012-11-30 6:25 PM

ok, looking at both mirrors on the picture.........looking at the reflection in both..............I see no more of behind the bike, accutally less as I am able to see the trunk in the oem morrors, but not in the Wally world mirros, Are they not adjusted yet??? Just sayin that i see no gain in this set up!

Norcan, the reason you can't see "behind" is the camera angle that I shot. To show the detail, it is up close and totally out of the rider's position. From the riders seat, on the road, I get a great view directly behind from both sides. I have the main mirrors pretty far "out" to get a wide side view. But the little guys, as adjusted in the pic give me great "behind me" view from either left or right mirror.

Hope this helps.
20 10 Vision
Posted 2012-12-06 10:06 AM (#128140 - in reply to #126970)

Tourer

Road test report. At first while in my neighborhood I did not see much difference with the new mirrors, then I got on the super slab. That is where I saw a significant improvement. I can now see who is behind me in my lane and the lanes on either side. Before when I wanted to see if there was a car in my lane i would have to lean to the side and look in one of the OEM mirrors, no longer. I can't make out what make and model car is behind me, like I can with my cage mirrors, however, the add on mirrors are definitily an improvement and recommended to my fellow VV riders. I now have 3 different mirrors on my VV. The OEM mirrors, these add ons, and the 'spot mirrors' each one provides a different view behind and next to me, with some overlap in coverage, which I see as a good thing.
Boots
Posted 2012-12-06 10:30 AM (#128141 - in reply to #127866)

Tourer

New Mexico
donetracey - 2012-12-02 12:02 AM

I have had them for 3+ years - my comments are simple. Having them is an improvement over the stock mirrors...
... My defensive view has kept me safe, uninjured and alive, and I will keep that up until ....

?

Sounds a lot like my driving. My current problem is I have so much winter gear on (full face helmet, face mask, etc) I'm having problems getting my head far enough around to be comfortable I can make lane changes safely. This will be another tool in the 'Safety Tool Box'.

20 10 Vision - 2012-12-06 9:06 AM

Road test report. At first while in my neighborhood I did not see much difference with the new mirrors, then I got on the super slab. That is where I saw a significant improvement. I can now see who is behind me in my lane and the lanes on either side. Before when I wanted to see if there was a car in my lane i would have to lean to the side and look in one of the OEM mirrors, no longer. I can't make out what make and model car is behind me, like I can with my cage mirrors, however, the add on mirrors are definitily an improvement and recommended to my fellow VV riders. I now have 3 different mirrors on my VV. The OEM mirrors, these add ons, and the 'spot mirrors' each one provides a different view behind and next to me, with some overlap in coverage, which I see as a good thing.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like something I am going to have to try.

JS5Owner
Posted 2012-12-06 7:09 PM (#128161 - in reply to #127836)
Subject: RE: Need recommendation for auxiliary mirrors for the Vision

Cruiser

Desert Hot Springs (Palm Springs area), CA

SS_Twin - 2012-12-01 2:42 PM Just bought a pair from Wally World, $3.50 and they work really well. Trying to post a pic (for the first time here); hope it works.

I have similar and the give my my "6" with no problemo

alohaboy
Posted 2012-12-07 4:17 PM (#128183 - in reply to #126970)

Cruiser

Danville, CA
i use Ness Mirrors on controls. Big ones. Lovem.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™