You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Black Accents ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

slingblade
Posted 2008-07-06 5:10 PM (#12964)
Subject: Black Accents ?

Puddle Jumper

I see some of you have 'blacked-out" accents on the front cowel, the piece below the windshield and the part with the badge on the side - how did you do this? Did you have them painted? Was it a custom order ?

For me - the standard silver accents on the frot fairing & cowel are just hideous (one of the things preventing me from getting a Vision to be honest) - but the black on black and/or black on grey....those look very nice !

Edited by slingblade 2008-07-06 5:13 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2008-07-06 5:47 PM (#12965 - in reply to #12964)
Subject: RE: Black Accents ?

Cruiser

Central Florida
slingblade - 2008-07-06 5:10 PM

I see some of you have 'blacked-out" accents on the front cowel, the piece below the windshield and the part with the badge on the side - how did you do this? Did you have them painted? Was it a custom order ?

For me - the standard silver accents on the frot fairing & cowel are just hideous (one of the things preventing me from getting a Vision to be honest) - but the black on black and/or black on grey....those look very nice !

I had mine removed by the world famous KevinX who sent them down to Conquest Customs
for painting. By middle of september entire painted surface will remain Super Steel Grey, Chrme will remain chrome and everything else will be black, front forks, rear tips, grab handles,etc will be black. Front wheel will be changed out and front rotors will be changed as well.
FYI the panels surrounding the motor are a bitch to remove>

Edited by devilboy 2008-07-06 5:53 PM
slingblade
Posted 2008-07-06 6:09 PM (#12967 - in reply to #12964)

Puddle Jumper

So this look requires taking off parts and sending them away ..... and the cost if i may inquire?

Edited by slingblade 2008-07-06 6:12 PM
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-06 9:08 PM (#12977 - in reply to #12964)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
Black accents are looking like a popular customization versus the chrome available from the dealers. We all enjoy a custom look and few people ever leave their bike alone. Powder coat is the best way to go when changing color, but some have experimented with Rhino coat and even Krylon just to get an idea on how it would look.
But, seriously if you aren't buying a Vision simply because of the silver parts, you are missing out on the best damn bike you've ever ridden for the wrong reasons.
Personally I like the silver accents on my Black and silver tour. Although I might change them in the future, I certainly don't think they are hideous.
rainmaker
Posted 2008-07-06 9:22 PM (#12980 - in reply to #12965)

Cruiser

Eden Prairie, MN
I like the black under the windshield. Very nice touch! I got the chrome accent and like the way the relflective surface softens the look. But now, I see that, I can see how this could snowball quickly. So before I go too far in that direction it is nice to see other bold looks. See attched
The rotors are a new twist. How is that done?
The wheels are beautiful.
devilboy
Posted 2008-07-06 9:56 PM (#12989 - in reply to #12967)

Cruiser

Central Florida
slingblade - 2008-07-06 6:09 PM

So this look requires taking off parts and sending them away ..... and the cost if i may inquire?

Labor is approx 10hrs R&R of all brushed aluminum parts
Actual painting of all parts including control panel was $550.
Wheels are $1250 each
and rotors are Metal composite available in many combos with special pads.
Rotors are lifetime guarantee and weigh about 1/3 of factory steel rotors.
Rotors are $550 each and pads are $50.
discounts available at website by using code thevmc.com.
best thing is to call Scott at Conquest and talk to him about your plans.
tel 561-715-9494. Tell him the Devil sent you
not everything is shown on website as he is adding stuff daily.
slingblade
Posted 2008-07-07 8:17 AM (#13017 - in reply to #12977)

Puddle Jumper

rainmaker - 2008-07-06 9:08 PM

Black accents are looking like a popular customization versus the chrome available from the dealers. We all enjoy a custom look and few people ever leave their bike alone. Powder coat is the best way to go when changing color, but some have experimented with Rhino coat and even Krylon just to get an idea on how it would look.
But, seriously if you aren't buying a Vision simply because of the silver parts, you are missing out on the best damn bike you've ever ridden for the wrong reasons.....

I plan to stay with my KP for a few more years - if for no other reason than to sqeeze every dime out of her ! (I wonder how much i will get for a 6 yr old KP with 75K miles??)

I am pretty sure the Vision will be my next ride - irregardless.

Wild Monkey
Posted 2008-07-07 3:16 PM (#13044 - in reply to #12964)
Subject: Re: Black Accents ?

Puddle Jumper

Pensacola, FL
I'm glad I found this thread, because honestly, after giving my vision a thorough cleaning this weekend, I noticed that the bug guts had STAINED my brushed aluminum trim pieces on the front of the bike ! Has anyone else experienced this problem ? I am a little *pissed* about this, but have all ready decided to pull the pieces and apply paint, just not sure if I'll go the rattle can route, or pay a proffessional !

Steve.
cw1115
Posted 2008-07-07 3:42 PM (#13046 - in reply to #12964)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I took all the silver parts off my bike, including rear tipovers and handles. Took me about 6 hours to take apart w/o the manual. Paint was $90 plus tax from the dealer. I had them painted for me for $300 dollars. Took four days to get the parts back. Painter used "self etching primer"?, included in the $300. Took me the same 6 hours to get back together. Only 2 screws left over.
mike s
Posted 2008-07-07 4:22 PM (#13050 - in reply to #13044)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
I've been using a marine metal polish from Autosol that cleans up any and all stains on the brushed aluminum pieces. Love bugs wreak havoc on these things down here and this is the only thing I've tried that works.

WillieByte
Posted 2008-07-07 4:52 PM (#13054 - in reply to #12964)

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
Eventually, everyone will paint, powder coat, or chrome the "brushed" aluminum parts on their Visions.
Before I took delivery I had mine done. The aluminum is anodized. Over time, from washing, road grit, a scrape off a boot, or whatever other abrasive source, the anodizing will scratch or wear through; it is definately not durable. Then aluminum oxide will result in the scratch. And that will be ugly. I bought the Vision knowing this and decided to take care of it immediately so I wouldn't get P.O.'ed later and be forced into it.

First I had the parts powder coated. The guy that did the work blew the job and I now believe it was a good thing he did.
I took all the parts to Alcalde Customs along with a sample of the MC (front fender) and let him decide on a complementary color as I'd proven to myself that my color choice was gawd awful. Tim Alcalde wet sanded, prepped, shot 3 coats of base color, 4 coats of clear, then rubbed and buffed the result. All the parts came out with a luster and a candy quality that is equal or better than any of the MC on the bike. None of it is soft either. On that subject (soft paint) I've read here numerous times about why the paint is soft on the Visions, or on any other new bike. I believe it is to cut production costs in BUFFING. The harder a paint is, the more labor is involved in polishing imperfections out of it. Soft paint is easy to buff as little pressure (heat) is needed to make a glossy finish.

for what it's worth......

No RICE, no PORK, 100% BEEF. VICTORY, a REAL motorcycle.
slingblade
Posted 2008-07-07 8:59 PM (#13072 - in reply to #13054)

Puddle Jumper

WillieByte - 2008-07-07 4:52 PM

Eventually, everyone will paint, powder coat, or chrome the "brushed" aluminum parts on their Visions.....

It would be nice if Victory would make this an option from the factory! It would be an easy way to customize your Vision.

Edited by slingblade 2008-07-07 9:07 PM
peterjm
Posted 2008-07-11 10:13 PM (#13382 - in reply to #12964)

Puddle Jumper

I actually added some blue accents ...................
pollolittle
Posted 2008-07-13 9:25 AM (#13442 - in reply to #12964)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Love that Blue! Awesome! Why not the front aluminum under the windshield?
cw1115
Posted 2008-07-13 6:06 PM (#13481 - in reply to #12964)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Finally got some photos. Not small enough to attach, but they are in the gallery.

Edited by cw1115 2008-07-13 6:08 PM
peterjm
Posted 2008-08-09 6:51 AM (#15654 - in reply to #13442)

Puddle Jumper

I thought the blue under the windshield might be too much.
Codfather
Posted 2008-08-09 8:24 AM (#15656 - in reply to #12964)

Cruiser

Peterjm Love the look and your right about to much blue under the windshield. Bruce
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™