You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lowering the front end on a Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

tkleroi
Posted 2013-06-12 4:34 PM (#140367 - in reply to #130037)
Subject: Re: Lowering the front end on a Vision

Puddle Jumper

CHANGING TO VISION 8 BALL SHOCKSI recently saw where some Vision riders are putting Vision 8 Ball shocks on there reg vision to lower them
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2013-06-12 5:22 PM (#140368 - in reply to #130037)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Interesting observation on the semi buffeting. I have an 8 Ball. So my rear is lowered by the factory (smaller rear shock). I'm wondering what lowering my front might do for the buffeting that I HATE when I come up on and pass semi's. Any thoughts?
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-06-12 6:59 PM (#140375 - in reply to #140368)

Visionary

MaddMAx2u - 2013-06-12 5:22 PM Interesting observation on the semi buffeting. I have an 8 Ball. So my rear is lowered by the factory (smaller rear shock). I'm wondering what lowering my front might do for the buffeting that I HATE when I come up on and pass semi's. Any thoughts?

You need a 6mm wrench and just loosen the pinch bolts and slide the tubes up.

If you don't like it put jack under of bike jack up a little and with pinch bolts loose you will slide the bike up tighten bolts and back to stock. Make sure there even before you tighten them up.

Once you go down you'll never want to go up. (she told me that)

biermark
Posted 2013-06-17 12:20 PM (#140596 - in reply to #130037)

Puddle Jumper

South Carolina
When I lowered mine I expected the fork tubes to move in parallel - they didn't. Once I had one tube where I wanted it, I measured the height from the triple tree and then moved the second tube to that measurement. I moved mine enough that the bars interfered with the bottom of the dash. I took the dash off and rolled the black bottom portion up using a hot air gun. I got the plastic hot then putting just the tip in smooth vise jaws bent it out 90 deg from stock. I did this instead of cutting the bottom off. Front is just round spacers and longer bolts in the bars. For the rear link I cut off the stock end and then tapped the tube for a rod end. I haven't found a difference in handling and haven't missed the lean angle. I run the factory recommended shock air for the 2 up weight and haven't cracked the inner bags...yet. I did it for better stability at stops and I like the looks. I used a torch to rebend the kickstand at the foot. Only thing I had to buy were the new grade 8 bolts for the bars.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-06-17 1:09 PM (#140601 - in reply to #130037)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Hey tkleroi

My buddy Marc Parnes (Marc is on this forum) turned me onto putting Vision 8 Ball's springs and cartridges on my 2013 Vision. The handling characteristics compared to the OEM setup are night and day. Maneuverability and handling dramatically improved. I keep my front end at the same high though using the victory spacers. You can omit the spacers and it will lower the front end by 1"
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2013-06-19 2:30 PM (#140685 - in reply to #140601)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Street Eagle - 2013-06-17 2:09 PM

Hey tkleroi

My buddy Marc Parnes (Marc is on this forum) turned me onto putting Vision 8 Ball's springs and cartridges on my 2013 Vision. The handling characteristics compared to the OEM setup are night and day. Maneuverability and handling dramatically improved. I keep my front end at the same high though using the victory spacers. You can omit the spacers and it will lower the front end by 1"

Are you saying that the front end of the 8 Ball Vision uses different springs and spacers than the Tour? Just wondering as recently when I had my fork oil changed I noticed that the front end was higher than usual. Wondering what might be different. THANKS!
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-06-19 4:11 PM (#140694 - in reply to #130037)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Marc can better answer your question. The springs and cartridges are definitely different. I spoke to Marc the other day and I know his business is keeping him hoping right now. I'm sure he will respond when he can.
VicNic
Posted 2014-11-24 8:18 PM (#168876 - in reply to #130265)

New user

biermark - 2013-01-30 9:49 AM

What thickness are the handlebar spacers to get a 1" drop?

Was anyone able to answer this question?
ljurgens
Posted 2014-11-25 3:04 PM (#168889 - in reply to #140601)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Street Eagle - 2013-06-17 1:09 PM Hey tkleroi My buddy Marc Parnes (Marc is on this forum) turned me onto putting Vision 8 Ball's springs and cartridges on my 2013 Vision. The handling characteristics compared to the OEM setup are night and day. Maneuverability and handling dramatically improved. I keep my front end at the same high though using the victory spacers. You can omit the spacers and it will lower the front end by 1"

Hey Street Eagle, did you happen to document this process ;-)

Can we simply order the 8-ball springs/cartridges from ma vic and then do a fork service to swap them out?

Oh, and does this actually lower the front end without needing to slide the fork tubes up the triple tree?

Thanks!

-Lance

johnnyvision
Posted 2014-11-25 5:28 PM (#168891 - in reply to #130037)

Visionary

just slide the tubes up to lower the front end. If you want spacers go to HMD. I found some at after market shop there 5/8 with a 3/4 i d and I picked up bolts from hardware store. I used SAE bolts with nuts

(001.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001.JPG (29KB - 14 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™