You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

OK! so the first ones aren't perfect
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

ez chair
Posted 2007-10-18 6:53 PM (#916)
Subject: OK! so the first ones aren't perfect

Cruiser

Maine
When you step to the plate and buy a ground breaking first run model, like it or not there will be a few glitches. Most noticible are fit and finish problems. Saddle bag doors, right side has a mold defect that shows as slight ding, door ajustment poor showing support pads on fender. The latter is easly corrected with washer shims on rear hinge. No chrome forks and possibly none for the 2008 model year. I'll bet this will be resolved sooner than later and not the $250 offer that's an insult! Accessories They will be coming just not soon enough. But after 300 miles these all seem minor to the experiance of riding this beauty. After riding 42 years all I can say what an incredible ride, the rest will come. Work with your dealer and share info on this site, together we can make this bike the envy of the V-twin world.

Edited by ez chair 2007-10-18 6:56 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-18 8:26 PM (#917 - in reply to #916)
Subject: Re: OK! so the first ones aren't perfect

Visionary

So Cal
The only reason I considered buying the first model year is because the Freedom drivetrain is a proven powerplant everything else is minor.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-18 10:47 PM (#921 - in reply to #916)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Welcome, ez chair. How long have you had yours and where did you get it? I wonder if they were giving the $250 only to the preorders or everybody. I also thought that as an insult due to if you want them later you gotta give almost $800 for the same thing. I got the same ding. What are you going to do? Have them fix it by replacing it? Don't know what the door adjustment poor showing support pad on fender is?
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-19 10:46 AM (#925 - in reply to #917)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I bought a first year Kingpin and have no problems with over 30,000 miles on it. With the styling of the Vision, along with the performance and reliability, getting a Vision is not a hard decision.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-19 11:26 AM (#928 - in reply to #916)
Subject: RE: OK! so the first ones aren't perfect

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
ez chair - 2007-10-18 6:53 PM
right side has a mold defect that shows as slight ding

Oh wow! You mean it is not just on mine? I feel better. (o: I didn't expect perfect
fit, lots of gaps that don't match between right & left. I think the finish it top notch,
except for the windshield that has to go. The Super Steel Gray looks great in the
sunlight.

430 miles so far. I will put on 70 tomorrow, and drop off at the dealership 30 minutes
away. My Kawasaki is there feeling abandoned. The Vision will stay there for a week.
I just can't get there between 10:00-6:00 Monday through Friday. I hope I don't regret
buying a bike that doesn't have a local dealership.
ez chair
Posted 2007-10-19 1:02 PM (#932 - in reply to #916)

Cruiser

Maine
The "Ding" in the right bag is a known problem by Victory. Make sure your dealer knows you know its there. As for the lack of chrome forks, Complain!!!!! The $250 is what Victory values them or buys them for. For us "Chrome Crows", you think the painted ones are bad now wait till you put the chrome fairing parts on! Solution; Victory sends us our chrome forks and credits our dealers $250 to put them on. Talk about great PR!!! Saddle bags can be ajusted by washers used as spacers on hing mounts. You should not see the raised notches on the fenders and seams should be even. Got mine at Westport Motorsports Westbrook,Me. two weeks ago. Great Guys!
HAVNFN
Posted 2007-10-20 3:01 PM (#952 - in reply to #916)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
O.K., I,looked and can't find a "ding". Am I missing the obvious?
ez chair
Posted 2007-10-20 9:09 PM (#956 - in reply to #916)

Cruiser

Maine
right bag, back 1/3, on side near top seam. All first bikes regardless of color had it. Its in the plastic under the paint. best seen in sun light
devilboy
Posted 2007-10-21 12:15 AM (#958 - in reply to #916)

Cruiser

Central Florida
2250 miles later, i noticed ding. Fit and finish is OK. my biggest beef is the loud whine in 4th gear.
amazing bike super comfortable and great gas mileage. I have the super steel grey premium tour..
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-10-21 9:18 AM (#960 - in reply to #916)
Subject: RE: tail of the dragon

Cruiser

well tell us how it handled, ultra was great on the tail
devilboy
Posted 2007-10-21 7:34 PM (#963 - in reply to #960)
Subject: RE: tail of the dragon

Cruiser

Central Florida
Handled beautifully.Once you are moving there are no issues. It handles the twisties better than my Suzuki M50 which is almost 400 lbs lighter. I was behind a kawa from our group on the dragon and she "claims" to be an experienced rider. I constantly had to back off with the Vision as to NOT run into her. Just point and twist and you are there! Most of the Tail was 2-3-2 shifts...
Cherahola Skyway was a much better ride. 4-5-4 shifts beautiful views and less traffic.
Tail is over crowded with sport bikes and semis that take up 1.5 lanes...
Rte 28 around Fontana dam is also a 4-5-4(gears) road and much more comfortable.
I had no problem at all keeping up with any bike sports or otherwise on the mountain roads.
The only draw back to handling is the SLOW speed manuevers u turns, backing up etc. feel very heavy and labored to me. Once your feet are on boards. It is all rock and roll.
RHK
Posted 2007-10-22 5:28 PM (#979 - in reply to #932)

Puddle Jumper

MN
I've had mine for 2 weeks and noticed the ding in the right hand bag the first time I washed it. Is this something Polaris is going to take care of?

Not having the chrome fork bummed me out to but I think the black tubes will look pretty good.
ez chair
Posted 2007-10-22 6:01 PM (#980 - in reply to #916)

Cruiser

Maine
I think your dealer will have a lot to say about it. Mine is going to work with Victory to fix it. When people see this bike, they look it all over. Harley riders will mention the "Ding". Of course they are looking for something to complain about. Just finished 200 mile ride. This bike handles!!!! Role-on half throttle bye-bye "88" Ultra. Little warm in the seat area when stopped in traffic. 68*F hear in Maine, seat is probably 90+ at stop. When will the heated seat come into play????? "BatWings" work Great, when out no breaze at legs, in - cool breaze on legs.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-27 9:21 PM (#1230 - in reply to #932)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I spent some time today at the dealer and they had two Tour models on the floor, on standard (black) and one (cherry) comfort. Both bikes had the ding on the bags, the black shows up more than the cherry. Also, I say a small ding on the left bag also, but you really have to look for it. Talked to the salesman about the ding, did not sound like much was going to be done on those. I'm sure you might get a few bucks knocked off. I remember when I got my Kingpin in 04, some of the back fenders on the side by the pipes was sort of concave, several people complained and I believe they replaced the fender.
They are still saying mine will be in some time early December. If anyone wants a comfort or standard, they are on the floor for sale in Houston.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™