You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

custom chrome
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

pastor
Posted 2008-07-08 12:08 PM (#13120)
Subject: custom chrome

Puddle Jumper

Tonopah,NV
Has any one tried having their own parts chromed? If so how was the price and quality? I would like to chrome some of my silver parts. Victory chromed parts seem so expensive. 300.00 to 400.00 each. One company I found was Chrome Pros Plating. Thanks for any fedback.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-08 8:25 PM (#13151 - in reply to #13120)
Subject: Re: custom chrome

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I think it might depend on what parts you want chromed. Is all of the brushed alum looking parts all metal? I had a pulley chromed once and it cost $200. And the chroming job wasnt all that great. I have been wondering if there are any chrome covers for the clutch and brake res... I dislike the dull covers with all the wording all over it..
pastor
Posted 2008-07-08 11:48 PM (#13174 - in reply to #13120)

Puddle Jumper

Tonopah,NV
All the brushed aluminum parts are metal. I am sure if we are patient, chromed brake and clutch res, covers will be avalable.
okthenbye
Posted 2008-07-09 12:15 AM (#13176 - in reply to #13120)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I checked with a local chrome plating company here in N. Ca. and the cost was just as much as buying new chrome panels currently offered. They were also concerned with the thin panels and warping during the process, they certainly did not convey confidence. I still have not decided yet and am considering other options. There is a 3 stage paint process called Killer Chrome that looks very much like real chrome. I am still on the fence on what I am going to do. I attached a website link for anyone that may be interested. I would also be curious if anyone has tried this type of product.
http://www.hardlifestyle.com/alsa_merchandise_killerchrome.html
Side Car
Posted 2008-07-15 11:15 AM (#13612 - in reply to #13120)
Subject: RE: custom chrome

Puddle Jumper

Salt lake city Ut.

Ness has three different styles of brake and clutch covers.

I put the retro style on mine.
www.arlenness.com

mkultra
Posted 2008-07-15 2:52 PM (#13618 - in reply to #13120)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
That Killerchrome stuff looks intersting. I just checked out the website but wonder how many kits it would take to paint all of the brushed aluminum pieces? I might just have to get a kit and try it on something other than the Vision parts to see how good it is and how much can be painted. There are some pretty neat products in the onlie catalog...but you know how advertisers are...sometimes what you see, aint always what you get.

mike v
truckhi
Posted 2008-09-22 3:47 AM (#18507 - in reply to #13618)

Puddle Jumper

mkultra - 2008-07-15 11:52 AM

That Killerchrome stuff looks intersting. I just checked out the website but wonder how many kits it would take to paint all of the brushed aluminum pieces? I might just have to get a kit and try it on something other than the Vision parts to see how good it is and how much can be painted. There are some pretty neat products in the onlie catalog...but you know how advertisers are...sometimes what you see, aint always what you get.

mike v

Mike,

If you are going to paint a bike you would want to use MirraChrome instead of Killer Chrome Spray Cans. You will get much better results that way. A quart kit would be plenty and if price is a factor use "hardlifestyle" code at checkout and save 10%. If anyone has questions on application feel free to contact us direct.

We can help, lets get it done...

MirraChrome info: http://www.hardlifestyle.com/alsa_merchandise_mirrachrome.html
Questions / Contact: info@hardlifestyle.com
RedRider
Posted 2008-09-22 6:38 AM (#18508 - in reply to #13120)

Visionary

When chroming, you get what you pay for. Maybe you don't want chrome? I had my '99 P-floorboards chromed by Brown's plating. They did not buff out the low areas and there are minor dimples. I paid $40. I had the bumpers for my '60 Ranchero done at Advanced Plating in Nashville. Show quality $325 each at dealer discount. They did my plastic air intake and it cost $125 but of course like my bumpers it's show quality. If you are too cheap to buy good chroming then don't waste your money on the cheap stuff buy a spray can.
Did you research chrome pricing before thinking Victory prices were too high or just decided they were too high for you?
spursmvp
Posted 2008-09-23 11:15 PM (#18704 - in reply to #13120)

Tourer

O'Neill, Nebraska
A few years ago I had an assorted bunch of saddle bag covers, bolt, etc chromed for my Yamaha V-star (yeah I know) and it cost me about $300 bucks. The work was great....so I figure that I'll just save up and buy a set of chrome pieces at a time. When I saw the 10th Anniversary Vision....the chrome really stood out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™