You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

The wave and serial number
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-19 10:28 AM (#924)
Subject: The wave and serial number

Visionary

Brighton, TN
When I first started riding years ago, people would wave at you as you met them. Above the head, off to the side, couple of fingers, etc. Didn't really matter just acknowledging the other rider. Now, we motorcyclist's have evolved apparently. The really cool way to wave now, is the hand extended, arm down low, and no wave. I am so glad I was informed of this. The wife doesn't understand why the wave or lack thereof?

Serial number - the other day I am riding my NEW VISION home and a guy in a Jeep Cherokee comes up next to me, rolls the passenger window down and tells me he has a Victory bike serial number built etc. I tell him cool. Not really sure why this is important, he wasn't riding it. Is there some importance to the number.

VIN number - Is the last six digits the next successive number of bike built. If so, I got 699.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-19 10:51 AM (#926 - in reply to #924)
Subject: RE: The wave and serial number

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I believe he was referencing that he has an early year (1999) model year.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-19 11:30 AM (#929 - in reply to #924)
Subject: Re: The wave and serial number

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollolittle, I would have probably told him "whippty fricken dooo" where is your bike? Since I don't have my Vision yet, he would just tell me "nice bike" since my hd is still cool.

The real coool way to acknowledge another biker is to lean slightly to the left, arm out, hand low, with a peace sign. You have to look like your picking something off the ground. That's for the real motivated hand signal hello.
The mods to this is the "flip" hand out like a left turn signal, with the peace sign. There is the "between" gear head bob, or clutch engaged nod. There is the "sport bike" ignore, eyes straight forward, or head shake.
My favorite is the Mini Van, or the get off the phone, disgusted hand wave, bird flying I hate you signal. This is done after you recover from evasive manuevers or slamming the breaks, quickly downshifting, pulse racing, I think I'm going to die you dumb, self absorbed air head episode. With all that being said, I think if we see another Victory on the road, the Hand over the head (like the fist clenching, black power hand gesture) with the peace symbol (also stands for Victory) waving back and forth should be the VICTORY RIDER acknowledgement while on the road. Any other suggestions?
DannyB
Posted 2007-10-19 1:06 PM (#933 - in reply to #924)
Subject: RE: The wave and serial number

Tourer

2 mi from Jim Beam n KY
When the wife and I pick up our Vision in the spring, I can assure you I will wave. You can expect to see the Mr Spock's "Live long and Prosper" hand waving back at ya!!
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-10-19 1:06 PM (#934 - in reply to #929)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
T'other day when I was riding my Vision, I met a guy on a Vegas who gave me a 'V' sign (peace sign) with his hand extended about 45 degrees up in the air, by his head.  Thought he was giving me a secret Victory handshake .
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-19 2:21 PM (#935 - in reply to #924)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I don't think I can do the "spock" vee. I won't ignore it, but I can't fly it. The V as in a peace sign is what I'll be flying.
metalguy
Posted 2007-10-22 1:29 PM (#976 - in reply to #924)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I wave while on my VT110 and any other bike I happen to be riding at the time, always have. If they don't wave back, who cares, maybe they didn't see, or didn't feel like it, couldn't take their hand off the bars, or just in a bad mood...But I will wave anyways.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-22 3:10 PM (#978 - in reply to #924)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I wave also, unless I'm reloading. The different styles of waving are interesting. I could never ignore a brother on two wheels. However, when I lived in Hawaii, the norm was to "ignore" anyone on a sport bike. Aloha? They are some hard cores bikers on Oahu. Confusing they only wave to American V-Twin.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™