You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Poll How would you like to view the forums?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-22 8:38 PM (#983)
Subject: How would you like to view the forums?

Fountain Inn, SC United States
There's been some suggestion that we configure the forums so that the newest posts appear at the top of the 1st page rather than at the bottom of the last page. Let's hear your opinion...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-10-23 1:29 AM (#996 - in reply to #983)
Subject: Re: How would you like to view the forums?

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
I like having the newest posts first. Easier to keep up with a thread that way for me. Or how about a pull-down option where we can choose to view newest first or oldest first, which can keep everybody happy?
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-23 1:37 AM (#998 - in reply to #983)

Visionary

So Cal
It's okay for now. But if this site starts to grow like I think it will. New posts first would be easier.
Travelin Man
Posted 2007-10-23 7:09 AM (#1001 - in reply to #983)

Iron Butt

Most of the other forums I surf hae the newest posts at the bottom of the last page. The reason seem to always be that when someone new comes to a thread, they want to read the posts from the beginning and reading from the top down is more natural than reading from the bottom up.

JMHO
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-10-23 7:49 AM (#1002 - in reply to #983)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
As a member of both the Vision-Riders & theVMC, I agree that the original post that starts a thread being the first thing you read is easier. BUT as anyone who has visited theVMC website can attest having to go through 3 or 4 pages to get to the newest reply is annoying. An option as to viewing preference could be added to each member's profile, therefore the member would have the choice of which way he/she waned to view the threads. Luke
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-23 9:56 AM (#1006 - in reply to #983)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I prefer the new post as the first thing I see. blwtf150 has a great idea also.
metalguy
Posted 2007-10-24 6:49 PM (#1082 - in reply to #983)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I like it as it is...all the forums i belong to are that way. That way you can see what has been said, and not make a comment that has already been addressed. JMHO, of course!----Metalguy
sjavera
Posted 2007-10-24 9:03 PM (#1091 - in reply to #1082)

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
I agree ... I like the new posts at the bottom. You can skip to the last page if needed. Maybe its because all the other forums I lurk around is in this format.
Newfie
Posted 2007-10-27 8:46 PM (#1229 - in reply to #983)
Subject: RE: How would you like to view the forums?

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
When reading the forums on the VMC the most recent postings come up on top but on this site I have to scroll to the bottom every time to find the postings that I haven't read yet. In the case of items that have more then a full page of replies you have to select page 2 and then scroll down. As a "Newbie" on these forums, I have found the most recent on top setup to be far easier to use.

As a previous post suggested, something added to your profile so each member could choose their own viewing prefernece would be the best of both worlds.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™