You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Synthetic OIl
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-14 10:03 PM (#149686 - in reply to #149681)
Subject: Re: Synthetic OIl

Glendale, AZ United States
TRELL - 2013-12-14 5:27 PM

been using semi syn in vision, now 2nd gear is broke (being fixed under warranty) tech told me that full syn would void warranty...what you think? all my other bike use full syn from factory. Ran 10w40 full syn in 2003 vtx 1300s for 147,000 miles no problem. ALL my Harleys use it.

If the tech told you it would VOID the warranty I guess he must know what he is talking about. I am not familiar with all the ins and outs with regard to factory warranty on the Vision since I bought used without a warranty.

With that being said, I think it sounds completely ridiculous to think the warranty would be VOID if you went with anything else besides Victory motor oil. Did Victory actually think everybody would be running their motor oil? Please. I may upset a few folks here, but who really cares what motorcycle oil one is using unless you are planning on doing a track day at Laguna Seca on the big gal pushing the envelope hahaha. The Vision is still just an air/oil cooled Vtwin leaps ahead of HD in R & D but a dinosaur compared to a superbike to where any motor oil should work just fine. Synthetic or semi-synthetic, including the brand because it really does not matter as long as it is motorcycle motor oil and the appropriate weight, either 20/40 or 20/50, and changed at the appropriate intervals as far as I'm concerned with receipts to boot and you should be golden, which doesn't appear to be the case.

There a couple of reasons why I'm not running Victory oil. It's as expensive as full synthetic and needs to be changed every 2500 miles per owners manual. This would mean a once/month oil change for me personally. The bike also seems to shift like a John Deere tractor with Vic stuff in addition to running hotter, not to mention I can stretch it out some between oil changes following the oil company recommendations with what I'm running now, but that's just my opinion.

Does Victory not have any faith in their product by VOIDING a warranty if you are using different motorcycle motor oil? As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have no brand loyalty and the Vision would be the only bike I would own in the Victory lineup to date. "You must use our motor oil or you will die a slow and painful death at the parts counter!" Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo to me. Just ask the Goldwing guys. OUCH!! Hit below the belt on that one, hahahaha.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-14 10:03 PM (#149687 - in reply to #149681)

Glendale, AZ United States
TRELL - 2013-12-14 5:27 PM

been using semi syn in vision, now 2nd gear is broke (being fixed under warranty) tech told me that full syn would void warranty...what you think? all my other bike use full syn from factory. Ran 10w40 full syn in 2003 vtx 1300s for 147,000 miles no problem. ALL my Harleys use it.

If the tech told you it would VOID the warranty I guess he must know what he is talking about. I am not familiar with all the ins and outs with regard to factory warranty on the Vision since I bought used without a warranty.

With that being said, I think it sounds completely ridiculous to think the warranty would be VOID if you went with anything else besides Victory motor oil. Did Victory actually think everybody would be running their motor oil? Please. I may upset a few folks here, but who really cares what motorcycle oil one is using unless you are planning on doing a track day at Laguna Seca on the big gal pushing the envelope hahaha. The Vision is still just an air/oil cooled Vtwin leaps ahead of HD in R & D but a dinosaur compared to a superbike to where any motor oil should work just fine. Synthetic or semi-synthetic, including the brand because it really does not matter as long as it is motorcycle motor oil and the appropriate weight, either 20/40 or 20/50, and changed at the appropriate intervals as far as I'm concerned with receipts to boot and you should be golden, which doesn't appear to be the case.

There a couple of reasons why I'm not running Victory oil. It's as expensive as full synthetic and needs to be changed every 2500 miles per owners manual. This would mean a once/month oil change for me personally. The bike also seems to shift like a John Deere tractor with Vic stuff in addition to running hotter, not to mention I can stretch it out some between oil changes following the oil company recommendations with what I'm running now, but that's just my opinion.

Does Victory not have any faith in their product by VOIDING a warranty if you are using different motorcycle motor oil? As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have no brand loyalty and the Vision would be the only bike I would own in the Victory lineup to date. "You must use our motor oil or you will die a slow and painful death at the parts counter!" Sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo to me. Just ask the Goldwing guys. OUCH!! Hit below the belt on that one, hahahaha.
atvtinker
Posted 2013-12-14 11:59 PM (#149688 - in reply to #138410)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Kevinx, I wonder why the Royal Purple rep told you that when their motorcycle oil is supposed to be designed for wet clutch applications and has a JASO certification? Sounds like false advertisement to me! I'll stick with my Lucas Oil. Haven't had a problem yet with it and it seems to last a little longer than Vic oil between oil changes before getting clunky transmission feel.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-12-15 5:46 AM (#149689 - in reply to #149688)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
atvtinker - 2013-12-14 11:59 PM

Kevinx, I wonder why the Royal Purple rep told you that when their motorcycle oil is supposed to be designed for wet clutch applications and has a JASO certification? Sounds like false advertisement to me! I'll stick with my Lucas Oil. Haven't had a problem yet with it and it seems to last a little longer than Vic oil between oil changes before getting clunky transmission feel.

How many NON- wet clutch application street motorcycles are there on the road now a days?
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-12-15 6:11 PM (#149698 - in reply to #149689)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2013-12-15 5:46 AM atvtinker - 2013-12-14 11:59 PM Kevinx, I wonder why the Royal Purple rep told you that when their motorcycle oil is supposed to be designed for wet clutch applications and has a JASO certification? Sounds like false advertisement to me! I'll stick with my Lucas Oil. Haven't had a problem yet with it and it seems to last a little longer than Vic oil between oil changes before getting clunky transmission feel. How many NON- wet clutch application street motorcycles are there on the road now a days?

All open belt drive systems are dry clutches. So a few thousand

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™