You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

NO Chrome Forks on Vision Street and Tour Premium Packages
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-22 10:58 PM (#989)
Subject: NO Chrome Forks on Vision Street and Tour Premium Packages

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I will use this forum post to copy and forward to anyone and everyone I can find at Victory, to see what can be done.. Feel free to copy and forward on to whoever you may find also, squeaky wheel gets greased. How squeaky can we be as a group?

The reason my Wife and I decided on the Premium package on my Vision Street Premium was due to all the little chrome goodies they put on it. I personally like the chrome forks, yet when I went in to see the Street Premium, it did not have it and the dealer informed me they were not shipping with it on it. If I wanted it, I would have to shell out the $899.99 for the chrome forks. The wife is not going for this idea, I want the bike, so, I settle without the chrome forks. There wasn't a rebate or in store credit for the lack of chrome forks. I think if you advertise the option to be included, then stand by it and make good on your package. Prove your the better American company.

Edited by pollolittle 2007-10-22 10:58 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2007-10-22 11:39 PM (#992 - in reply to #989)
Subject: Re: NO Chrome Forks on Vision Street and Tour Premium Packages

Cruiser

Central Florida
My Pre-ordered Vision Tour premium also did NOT have Chrome Forks. Because it was pre-ordered they gave me $250 off price.
If you did NOT pre-order it you did NOT get the $250. If you took your forks off to have them chromed it might run you about $200-250 to have it done(not counting labor for removal and re-installation. I was happy with the $250 for several reasons.
#1 more money for performance
#2 You cant see the front forks anyway behind all the fairings.
I dont think current website shows or includes chrome forks with premium anymore. The only people promised the chrome where those that pre-ordered. 2300 miles later bike is great.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-23 1:18 AM (#995 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

So Cal
I would'nt mine the credit if it were more in line with the $700 price in the accesory catalog. If that $700 does'nt include labor theres going to be a lot of chrome lower legs sitting on the shelf. Although, they cant even get the bikes delvered on time, so it might be a few years before they're available.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-23 9:44 AM (#1005 - in reply to #989)
Subject: RE: NO Chrome Forks on Vision Street and Tour Premium Packages

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
What you do get for the forks though is something nicer then I have ever had.
The forks look to be electopated with a gray-silver metal flake paint. They do
not look steel at all. Pretty nice. I am going to try to keep those babies polished
and protected. I applied the $250 accessories credit towards a Trunk Rack (don't
know when that will be in).

Herb
murray
Posted 2007-10-25 1:21 PM (#1124 - in reply to #989)

Puddle Jumper

My feelings: I was required by my dealer to put a $ 2,000 non-refundeable deposit on my Vision Tour Premium, so I did. I guess I wasn't early enough for the pre - order program ( didn't know about it ), so I don't get $ 250 off accessories, or the chrome forks that was supposed to come on it. I don't expect my dealer to absorb any cost ( not his fault - they have been great to me! ), but I feel if you make a deal on a motorcycle that is to come with advertised equipment, and manufacturer defaults on it, the customer should either be reimbursed or the product should be brought up to that spec at a later date. I had full intentions of adding in excess of $ 3,500 of chrome accessories or even more ( wheels - rear drive pulley etc. ), now with out chrome forks I feel I will leave it as is. Victory if you read this, not only are you loosing out on the accessories, you are loosing out on public image of a stock Vision versus a chromed out Vision and the publilc relations of a not so happy customer. Good way to start a relationship? I had a 2001 goldwing gl1800 abs, a 2003 goldwing gl1800 abs, and a 2006 gl1800 abs,nav,comf. I felt great making the switch to Victory from what I have heard and read about them, now I don't feel so good. This was a big move for me because the dealer wouldn't take my 2006 goldwing with 24,000 km. ( loaded ) on trade. So now I have two bikes , which leaves me having to sell my Honda myself, but still I remain loyal to Victory, hoping they will address this problem. This is October, I can't believe Victory can't find a new chrome source for delivery by March. Come -on VICTORY, you've worked hard to get a good name - let' keep it!!!
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-25 2:08 PM (#1126 - in reply to #1124)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
murray - 2007-10-25 1:21 PM
so I don't get $ 250 off accessories

My understanding is, even if you just ordered a "Premium" today, and you don't get chrome
forks, you get the discount.
I wished you didn't have to sell the Goldwing. We are keeping our 2002 because we could
never get the money out of it with what we have put into it.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-10-25 9:45 PM (#1135 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

So Cal
I'm keeping the Harley, just in case I want to go slumming. Wouldnt want the Vic to get stollen.
luzzy
Posted 2007-10-25 10:47 PM (#1140 - in reply to #1124)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ

My feelings: I was required by my dealer to put a $ 2,000 non-refundeable deposit on my Vision Tour Premium, so I did. I guess I wasn't early enough for the pre - order program ( didn't know about it ), so I don't get $ 250 off accessories, or the chrome forks that was supposed to come on it. I don't expect my dealer to absorb any cost ( not his fault - they have been great to me! ), but I feel if you make a deal on a motorcycle that is to come with advertised equipment, and manufacturer defaults on it, the customer should either be reimbursed or the product should be brought up to that spec at a later date. I had full intentions of adding in excess of $ 3,500 of chrome accessories or even more ( wheels - rear drive pulley etc. ), now with out chrome forks I feel I will leave it as is. Victory if you read this, not only are you loosing out on the accessories, you are loosing out on public image of a stock Vision versus a chromed out Vision and the publilc relations of a not so happy customer. Good way to start a relationship? I had a 2001 goldwing gl1800 abs, a 2003 goldwing gl1800 abs, and a 2006 gl1800 abs,nav,comf. I felt great making the switch to Victory from what I have heard and read about them, now I don't feel so good. This was a big move for me because the dealer wouldn't take my 2006 goldwing with 24,000 km. ( loaded ) on trade. So now I have two bikes , which leaves me having to sell my Honda myself, but still I remain loyal to Victory, hoping they will address this problem. This is October, I can't believe Victory can't find a new chrome source for delivery by March. Come -on VICTORY, you've worked hard to get a good name - let' keep it!!!

Victory has no role in how much or if your deposit is refundable.That's between you and the dealer.Since you didn't preorder, I don't think your entitled to any credit. Victory didn't "default" on the chrome forks. They had a vendor who did an inferior job on the chrome and they decided not to use a sub par component on the Vision for 08. Renegotiate with the dealer if you feel slighted.If you look at the difference between a Comfort and Premium model, for 1000.00 you are getting chrome handlebars,chrome controls,chrome tipover protection,chrome floorboards,chome shifter and chrome brake pedal. 899.00 credit would be a bit ridiculous in light of the package they give you for a 1000.00. For me the powdercoated forks weren't an issue and the 250.00 credit went toward my stage one. FYI - Victory sent an email a couple of weeks ago to each owner who pre-ordered , explaining the credit and issue with the forks. If you like a Vtwin, you won't regret the move to the Vision. It handles exceptionally and and the comfort factor is first rate,
devilboy
Posted 2007-10-25 10:59 PM (#1141 - in reply to #989)

Cruiser

Central Florida
+1. IMHO forks look fine the way they are. approaching 2500 miles and will pass it this weekend at Lobsterfest.
murray
Posted 2007-10-26 10:17 AM (#1148 - in reply to #1140)

Puddle Jumper

First of all: 1) I didn't say that VICTORY did have any role in how much of a deposit or if it was refundeable. 2) I didn't say I was entitled to the $ 250 pre-order credit, just stated I didn"t know about it. 3) If advertised in their brochures and other media that they come with certain accessories as standard equipment with that package, and in fact they don't, I do believe that is default. Look up the definition of the word. 4) Vender can't supply product accepteable to Victory's standards, find a different vender that can. 5) I didn't say that I expected a $ 899 credit ( just stated - no credit ). 6) I really don't care if the powder coat forks weren't an issue for you, for me they are ( I think I am allowed that right ). Sorry to say I also don't care what you spent your $ 250 on. My understanding of this thread was, to voice one's opinion about not recieving chrome forks on the Premium models. I think I have voiced my opinion, and yes, I am sure I will enjoy my new Vision with no regrets. Thanks.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-26 11:10 AM (#1156 - in reply to #1148)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
murray - 2007-10-26 10:17 AM
I think I have voiced my opinion, and yes, I am sure I will enjoy my new Vision with no regrets.

Nothing Wrong with voicing your opinion. I am glad your getting a Vision, and please keep
inputting to the board. The more the merrier.

Herb
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-26 11:25 AM (#1160 - in reply to #989)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
let it out brother! my "shrink" told me to keep my feelings bottled up, and them explode in a fit of rage at the first stressfull situation. then again, it was a (Lowest Bidder, government issue) shrink..so that might be why i'm trying to chew my own face off. errrr
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-26 12:00 PM (#1167 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Dude Buckeye, why a comedian, your psychosomatic ramblings are hilarious enough. Are you still riding that hog? or are you trying to keep it from breaking to trade it in? If not, I recommend a small run around the block, no, around the city, no, you might need the whole enchilada and do the California boundary. Never mind, I remember now, that Hog barely moves with out feeding the gerbil first. MMMUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-26 12:31 PM (#1170 - in reply to #989)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
you could have given me some lube first! I ride my old scooter everyday! it's my main mode, due to the wife having a minivan. i hate that thing! I like the rant page! it helps with the .......sssshhhh the man in my head is back. stay low, and reload.
luzzy
Posted 2007-10-26 5:22 PM (#1197 - in reply to #1124)

Cruiser

Coastal , NJ
I had full intentions of adding in excess of $ 3,500 of chrome accessories or even more ( wheels - rear drive pulley etc. ), now with out chrome forks I feel I will leave it as is. Victory if you read this, not only are you loosing out on the accessories, you are loosing out on public image of a stock Vision versus a chromed out Vision and the publilc relations of a not so happy customer. Good way to start a relationship?

Dude,

Yikes. You seemed pretty pissed in your post...so much so that you said you would buy NO accessories because of the chrome forks(or lack of). But before that you were willing to spend 3500.00 or more. So I was simply giving you some insight to help you understand the situation a little better. I'm thinking if Victory could have gotten the chrome forks on the bikes in a reasonable time they would have.It costs them nothing more in labor to install the forks on the assembly line, so why not. It's WAY more work to try to explain to consumers why they're not getting their forks. The bottom line is they would have if they could have. You are certainly entitled to your opinion , if you are that upset about the lack of chrome forks - get a refund from your dealer. They'd have to honor it if the specs changed,renegotiate your price, or don't take delivery .

Either way I hope it works out for you. I'm just a little tired of reading people's posts that are so negative. Victory pulled off quite an accomplishment with the Vision. It's not perfect...but it's close.They've been in business 9 years...they're still learning, but they are leading the industry in terms of design and performance - especially in the VTwin segment.
HAVNFN
Posted 2007-10-30 3:36 PM (#1299 - in reply to #989)

Puddle Jumper

Connecticut
At first I was kind of dissappointed that the forks weren't chrome. Then I thought, how's it gonna look if the wheels aren't chrome? Then, maybe the rotors should be dressed up. So, at the end of the day, I think Victory saved me a whole lot of money!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-30 4:41 PM (#1302 - in reply to #1299)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The Victory option for chrome wheels is VERY expensive. I'm looking at possibly having the stock wheels chromed locally when the bike comes in. Also, possibly getting the front forks painted or powder coated to match the paint on the bike. Also, looks like a chromed rotor cover will be here next year, which will add a lot of chrome to the bike and will probably cover a percentage, looks like around 50% of the fork anyway, that's if you want the covers.
SongFan
Posted 2007-10-30 4:55 PM (#1304 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

Memphis

I've done an awful lot of ranting about Victory's obvious inability to be pro-active when it comes to pre-order issues. I also don't think a person's gripes have a whole lot of merit unless they can offer a solution. Since I am in line to get a Premium Tour I feel like I can comment on the chrome fork issue. Let me emphasize that this only applies to the guys who had deposits down when Victory promised that the Premiums would have chrome forks. If you put money down after it was announced that they wouldn't have chrome forks, or you bought one without putting money down, I don't think this should apply. Earnest money prior to the bike even being available for test rides meets a whole new level of expectations.

Here's what Victory should have done, just to be fair:

Dear Future Victory Vision owner,

Due to circumstances beyond out control, the Premium Vision that you ordered will not be shipped with chrome forks. The vendor in charge of the chrome forks could not deliver a product that was up to our standards and we would rather ship your Vision on time, without the chrome, rather than to deliver a sub-par component.

We are offering you two options:

1) - Since the front chrome forks are listed at $899.99 in our catalog, we are offering you a $900 line of credit on Victory accessories and merchandise. This will go into effect on the date of purchase of your Vision.

2) - If you want to wait until the chrome forks are delivered to our standards, we will swap them out with your current forks at no charge to you. You will not be eligible for the $900 credit. Once the chrome forks are delivered to your local dealer, they will be installed according to your schedule. You will get top priority in that shop.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and wish to make your buying experience as pleasant a possible. We realize you could have spent your hard earned money elsewhere. As a pre-order customer to Victory, we take your deposit seriously and appreciate the confidence you have shown in us with this purchase. We look forward to a long relationship with you as a valued customer.

Sincerely,

(Whoever wants to take credit)

This letter would allow guys who really wanted the chrome forks to get them without spending an extra dime. For those of us where the chrome is not such a deal breaker, the $900 goes a long way to smoothing things over. Let me emphasize, this remedy is what I consider 100% fair. It is not a sacrifice on Victory's part at all. They are only delivering what was promised, nothing more.

Now, if Victory really wanted to make an impact they would throw in an extra $100 line of credit to either option, just to go above and beyond.

Let's do the math. Let's say there were 1000 buyers nationwide who all put earnest money down prior to the announcement and every single one of them ordered Premiums. (I personally think the number is way below that but Victory doesn't release production numbers. It's stuck in a black hole with the rest of their correspondence.) If every one of those 1000 buyers opted for the $900 line of credit it would cost the company $900,000. Throw in the $100 of good faith credit and they have spent a whopping total of $1,000,000. (I personally think this number could actually be less than 1/2 of what I propose.) That entire $1,000,000 goes right back into the Victory food chain. Any reasonable customer would be 100% satisfied and the dealer could unload a nice chunk of inventory. Victory Motorcycles has come across as a company who has their customer's best interest at heart and everyone involved wins.

Here is the reality: The customers involved are offered a $250 line of credit. If the chrome guy wants what was promised (to match the other $2,500 worth of chrome accessories he had planned on buying) it would cost him $650 plus installation. Somehow Victory thinks this is a fair solution. Tom Tiller and Mark Blackwell can take my $250 credit and funnel it to the charity of their choice. I don't need it. It only represents what they are all about, the bottom line. The sad part is, now that I have re-set my expectations about the company, the $250 was actually a surprise.

VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-30 6:35 PM (#1308 - in reply to #1304)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
SongFan, you said you broke your OWN rules when you placed a deposit on this bike back in July, so why didn't you wait until one was on the floor? That way you wouldn't be disappointed so much, it is your fault your soooooo disappointed now, not Victory. There are no give aways in life, it is what you get..........so if you don't really like it, move on. As far as Mark and Tom, you guys ROCK and so does your company. Keep producing these fantastic motorcycles and I will buy them. End of subject.
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-30 6:49 PM (#1309 - in reply to #1304)

Tourer

I am one of those who didn't feel stiffed by Victory, I actually didn't realize the forks were supposed to be chrome until people started to complain. For me, the less chrome the better, that's part of the reason I bought my 8-Ball.
This is just my opinion so don't go getting all pissed off, but the way I see it is this:
Victory refused to put a substandard product on the Vision so instead of putting $899 poor quality customer will be bringing these back under warranty because they are peeling forks on the Vision, they opted to install the $650 non-chromed forks which will not become a warranty issue and refund the difference, in the end I broke even, I don't feel cheated.
Bottom line, I got what I paid for........ an ass kicking bike that looks great, handles incredibly well and the comfort of a Lazyboy to boot. Lastly, it was only 3 weeks later than scheduled.

OK I'm done.
SongFan
Posted 2007-10-30 8:38 PM (#1312 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

Memphis

I've been waiting for a month for someone to defend Tom and Mark. I knew I probably crossed the line with that last post but I threw it out there to see what would happen. I actually have all the respect in the world for them because of what they have pulled off. I would have bailed a long time ago if I didn't think it would be worth the wait. A lot of what I have said is out of total frustration (I know, it's my fault) but until now, no one has actually stepped up and defended them. I don't expect Tom and Mark to waste the time it would take to respond to this stuff but I really thought the hardcore faithful would rally and defend the company name. It is worth defending on it's own merit. You don't need to compare it to anyone else. It is what it is. The big question is: What is Victory all about? I can't answer that question yet. You guys can.

BATMAN made a very interesting comment in the Dream/Nightmare thread that kind of just slid under the radar. This sounds a lot like the '98/'99 guys who were waiting for the first Victory's ever. He and and bunch of other guys are still around and they are very loyal. (There's a good story here that I've never heard. Let's hear it.) The company must have done something right to keep them. I know there are a bunch of Vision owners who read this forum but don't comment. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are multi-Victory owners, riding Visions and are very happy with the company.

I'd like to hear from the guys who pre-ordered first year models (any year) from Victory and felt frustrated on the front end. What did the company do to make it right and turn you into a faithful, repeat-customer Victory rider?

If some what I have to say makes you squirm or hacks you off, set me straight. In a sick kind of way, it's actually what I'm looking for. I tend to identify what I think is a problem and try to get it fixed. If I get no response or some lame answer, I will crank it up a notch. I will make you justify your position.

I know that I've pissed off some very loyal Victory owners with some of the things I've said. Some of you are probably personal friends with Tom and/or Mark. I also know that they don't have to answer to me. They do their job to the best of their ability and if I have a problem with that, it's my problem. In this case I crossed the line and made it too personal. For that I apologize. I get on a roll and my brain doesn't disengage like it should. My focus is on making the system better. Do I think it can be better? Absolutely. Do I think they are working to make the system better? Yes.

I know I'm going to love the bike. I know I will be a satisfied customer. I spent two hours at the dealer today and the subject of delivery delays and chrome forks barely even came up. We mainly just talked about the various bikes, what a great product Victory puts out, and the future of the company. I believe that someday, Victory will carry Polaris.

devilboy
Posted 2007-10-30 10:26 PM (#1315 - in reply to #1309)

Cruiser

Central Florida
+1... I got what I paid for. a 2008 Victory Vision Tour premium sans chrome front forks.
I love the bike and have NO real complaints.
Bike rocks!!!!
200 Mile rides are like trips around the corner.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-10-30 10:52 PM (#1318 - in reply to #1315)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
My wife is going to love the 200 mile rides like a trip to the corner store, I'll pass that on. All of us Victory folks know this is what we have been waiting for, I have a Kingpin, but it does not match up to this bike.
SongFan, the Vision will come and it will be sooooo great. We all know the wait and whatever is hard, but it is worth it, we just have to stay focused. I can see myself right now heading down that highway on this FINE motorcyle. And when you stop, the crowd will be looking at your bike, your not going to get that on any other motorcyle. Victory Vision is a fine motorycle, and it is what we want, not something everyone else has. You will be some of the few in that will own this motorcyle, I don't know how many they will make this year, but I can believe you will stand out, with your bike. Good luck with your ride.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-11-17 4:18 PM (#1956 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Today I saw a black Premium Tour with chrome front forks, these were not the optional chrome forks. They were the ones we were suppose to get. It was at one of the Houston dealers. I was wondering how many more Premiums got delievered with the chrome forks, anybody out there get them?
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-03 3:43 AM (#2442 - in reply to #989)

Visionary

So Cal
I hate to admit, but the chrome forks would look out of place unless it had chrome wheels and calipers also. The forks are the last thing you notice on a Vision.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™