You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2014 Indian Chief
Jump to page : < ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Now viewing page 17 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

SongFan
Posted 2013-10-18 4:43 PM (#146827 - in reply to #140875)
Subject: RE: 2014 Indian Chief

Visionary

Memphis

Ended up with #932.  Pick it up Tuesday at noon.  Whew.....

Need to hook up with Double Vision and get a pic of the sequential bikes side by side!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Double Vision
Posted 2013-10-18 5:02 PM (#146830 - in reply to #146827)

Cruiser

SongFan - 2013-10-18 5:43 PM

Ended up with?#932.? Pick it up Tuesday at noon.? Whew.....

Need to hook up with Double Vision and get a pic of the sequential bikes side by side!!

Yeah buddy! Very cool idea. I'll let you know when we'll be in Dixie again.
Congratulations and good luck!
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-18 6:19 PM (#146834 - in reply to #140875)
Subject: Re: 2014 Indian Chief

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Songfan, give us a 500 mile review when you get a chance, Happy motoring ...............steve
SongFan
Posted 2013-10-21 8:38 AM (#146926 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Memphis

Wheels up for Charlotte.  Having to trailer it back due to scheduling issues with co-riders.  Will take it for it's first shakedown on Wednesday.

Double Vision has a two week head start on me so he'd be the best bet for a 500 mile review. 

Only issues I've read about so far involve Check Engine lights/fault codes.  The Indian hates low octane gas and will let you know it.  Also get a light when you use the "friction zone" involving the clutch and brake at the same time.  Gives priority to the brakes and sends a warning.  Goes away once you get going again.

Won't be truly giddy until the bike is safely off the trailer and in the driveway. 

XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-21 8:57 AM (#146929 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
SongFan : Enjoy brother, hope it's all you were wishing for and more. Better get the leathers out it's turning cold, but that's OK I like the cool fall weather. I'm sure it does like premium gas, all BIG inch two valve V- twins with roomy combustion chambers do. A small price to pay to ride what you want. Be safe and ride with the wind.................
ingle51
Posted 2013-10-21 8:00 PM (#146951 - in reply to #140875)

Cruiser

NE Florida Jacksonville
I head down to Daytona to get my bike on Wednesday. Decided to wait until then to avoid riding home in the rain on Tuesday. By next week I'll have hit the 500 mile mark. Good luck with your bike SongFan and thanks for the info about braking and clutching. I knew about the finicky fuel needs.
Double Vision
Posted 2013-10-21 8:33 PM (#146952 - in reply to #140875)

Cruiser

I can give you a 420 mile review, plus having done 4 demo rides.

Lots of torque, especially at low RPM. You would have trouble lugging the engine.
If you get on the throttle, the bike accelerates briskly!
Very comfortable saddle. I've ridden for a couple of hours straight with zero discomfort.
Handling is very good. It's not a Vision, but it's very good.
Wind management with the standard windscreen seems to be good, no head turbulence.
I need heated grips!
My wife needs the passenger backrest to arrive, plus Indian to come out with passenger floorboards.
My wife did like the standard height passenger backrest on the demo bikes.
The brakes are strong with good stopping power, but not twitchy.
The suspension is real nice. I will try to adjust the shock to see how it changes.

Bottom line, go demo one and buy one!
Double Vision
Posted 2013-10-21 8:46 PM (#146953 - in reply to #146926)

Cruiser

SongFan - 2013-10-21 9:38 AM

...? Also get a light when you use the "friction zone" involving the clutch and brake at the same time.? Gives priority to the brakes and sends a warning.? Goes away once you get going again...

I have not seen this, I'll look for it. Thanks Songfan.
luterdan
Posted 2013-10-22 1:33 PM (#146975 - in reply to #140875)

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/10/17171/Motorcycle-Article/2014-Heri...

This came today....
varyder
Posted 2013-10-22 1:43 PM (#146976 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thanks, luterdan, I still love the styling, but after reading the article I won't be getting an Indian anytime soon...
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-22 1:58 PM (#146977 - in reply to #146976)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I won't be getting anything soon either but I do think the article was pretty fair. The only things I disagree with is their feeling on the seat , I liked it but I wasn't on it long (and I rode a Chieftain model) and the tranny. I thought it felt fine too. Again, it was just a short demo that I have to draw from (2-up)
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-22 10:02 PM (#146990 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Next I want to see a comparison between a StreetGlide and the Chieftain.............
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-22 10:36 PM (#146993 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Oh yeah and throw in a standard Cross Country too.............No tour packs just three American baggers.

Edited by XRsteve 2013-10-22 10:36 PM
SongFan
Posted 2013-10-23 12:45 PM (#147019 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Memphis

Got the bike home safely last night.  All is well in the world. 

Cannot say enought good things about Mark Moses and his crew.  Attention to detail is unbelievable.  I had 12:00 appointment with Rose Mary (finance guru) and was walking out of her office at 12:10, done.  She was on the phone earlier that morning with my insurance company getting a valid quote sorted out because the VIN's on these new Indians are not in the system yet.  The insurance companies think it is either a Kings Mountain bike ($40,000) or custom made. 

Mark is having custom embroidered $500 jackets made for his pre-order customers.  I thought the jackets were a Polaris deal but it turns out they are a Charlotte deal.  Wow.  My Little Rock buddy is pretty jealous.

I didn't notice it until I went back out this morning and was really going over the bike but they even removed the DOT sticker on the tank!!  Are you kidding me!?  Not a big deal to the average person but how many of us have sweated over taking that thing off of a virgin paint job with soft clearcoat.  Wife and son gave me a weird look when I got so excited about that stupid sticker being gone.  Some things you just can't explain.

My review of the bike is insignificant.  It's going to be nice.  It's going to get attention.  It's going to have issues.  It's all good.  I have to learn how to take care of leather and white-walls now. 

The indianmotorcyclecommunity.com forum will be the go-to place for info on these bikes.  20 of the members of that forum took part in the focus groups that Polaris put together for this bike.  The forum just came online in March so it very much has a 2007 Vision-Riders.com vibe to it.  Every day is something new.  Mostly a bunch of guys who just want to make Indian better. 

Double Vision is over there as K2V2 and has made several comments about how reliable these bikes will be from Polaris, since he is a Vision owner.  The Gilroy owners are totally hilarious when it comes to the issue of reliability.  They are afraid that these new Indians will give them nothing to talk about on the forum.  We listen for sounds like valve/lifter noises.  They listen for sounds like stuff falling off.  Great bunch of guys over there.  They eat trolls for lunch.

I get the feeling from the Indian community that life as they know it is over.  Their little fraternity has been blown wide open.

Big annual Indian rally in Branson, MO every year (only 5 hours away) so that will be a new concept for me also (compared to 1,000 trip to Spirit Lake).

jimtom
Posted 2013-10-23 12:58 PM (#147020 - in reply to #147019)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
SongFan - 2013-10-23 11:45 AM

Got the bike home safely last night.? All is well in the world.?

Cannot say enought good things about Mark Moses and his crew.? Attention to detail is unbelievable.? I had 12:00 appointment with Rose Mary (finance guru) and was walking out of her office at 12:10, done.? She was on the phone earlier that morning with my insurance company getting a valid quote sorted out because the VIN's on these new Indians?are not in the system yet.? The insurance companies think it is either a Kings Mountain bike ($40,000) or custom made.?

Mark is having custom embroidered $500 jackets made for his pre-order customers.? I thought the jackets were a Polaris deal but it turns out they are a Charlotte deal.? Wow.? My Little Rock buddy is pretty jealous.

I didn't notice it until I went back out this morning and was really going over?the bike?but they even removed the DOT sticker on the tank!!? Are you kidding me!?? Not a big deal to the average person but how many of us have sweated over taking that thing off of a virgin paint job with soft clearcoat.? Wife and son gave me a weird look when I got so excited about that stupid sticker being gone.? Some things you just can't explain.

My review of the bike is insignificant.? It's going to be nice.? It's going to get attention.? It's going to have issues.? It's all good.? I have to learn how to take care of leather and white-walls now.?

The indianmotorcyclecommunity.com forum?will be the go-to place for info on these bikes.? 20 of the members of that forum took part in the focus groups that Polaris put together for this bike.? The forum just came online in March so it very much?has a 2007 Vision-Riders.com vibe to it.? Every day is something new.? Mostly a bunch of guys who just want to make Indian better.?

Double Vision is over there as K2V2 and has made several comments about how reliable these bikes will be from Polaris, since he is a Vision owner.? The Gilroy owners are totally hilarious when it comes to the issue of reliability.? They are afraid that these new Indians will give them nothing to talk about on the forum.? We listen for sounds like valve/lifter noises.? They listen for sounds like stuff falling off.? Great bunch of guys over there.? They eat trolls for lunch.

I?get the feeling from the Indian community that life as they know it is over.? Their little fraternity has been blown wide open.

Big annual Indian?rally in Branson, MO every year (only 5 hours away) so that will be a new concept for me also (compared to 1,000 trip to Spirit Lake).

Great post. Thank you for sharing your excitement with us!
Double Vision
Posted 2013-10-23 1:26 PM (#147022 - in reply to #147019)

Cruiser

Congratulations SongFan!
I wish you many happy miles with your new Indian and look forward to meeting you some day.
The IRIP in MO is definitely on my radar for next year.
Good luck and ride safe!
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-23 2:24 PM (#147023 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
SongFan, go ride and have fun................
varyder
Posted 2013-10-23 5:50 PM (#147039 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Glad you got your bike, Tom. I don't think life for the Indian community as they know is over, far from it. There's just going to be a new tribe, that's all.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-23 7:01 PM (#147041 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
SongFan, any idea how many Charlotte has sold ?? I bet they are getting in the 200 range by now. I know Daytona Indian/ Victory is pumping them out the door too. I believe they are selling floor models now..........
pollolittle
Posted 2013-10-23 7:13 PM (#147046 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I wanna see, I wanna see. Where u gonna be, I gotta see the new ride. AWESOME! Blechewhite at parts store makes a whitewall white. I think I spelled it right. Did I mention anticipating the unveiling in Memphis.
SongFan
Posted 2013-10-23 8:51 PM (#147055 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Memphis

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! 

Double Vision - Branson 2014....book it!

Varyder - the Indian community isn't over, just their nice little quiet life they've had until now.

Steve - Charlotte pre-sold 60 and have pumped about half of them out the door.  The truck was there unloading 9 more when we pulled up.  It was heading for Florida next.  Charlotte hired another mechanic (previously a Certified H-D mechanic since 1985).  The mechanics there have grey hair and look like they could wrench anything on the planet.  They are humpin big time.

Po - My days off are Tues/Wed but I don't go in until 2:00 on Thurs/Fri.  Also get off at 2:30 on Mondays.  Let me know what works.

Took it for a quick spin tonight.  First onramp - 90 mph.  Set the cruise at 70 and took my hands off the bars, dead straight.  Found a local road with some sweepers and it tracks great.  No doubt that two similar riders on a stock Vision and Chief would run something like the Dragon in tandem.  The Vision might pull away if given a long stretch but it would have to be after 4500 RPM. 

The low beams with the running lights are great, very wide.  Flip the high beams on and the running lights shut off (per DOT rules) and the single bulb high beam is noticeably weaker than the Vision duals.  Bulbs make me nervous because they are very white Sylvanias.  If they are Silver Stars they will burn out in a couple of months.  Hope not.  Clearwater LED's definitely in the future.

Front brake is a one finger affair around town.  Sportbike sensitive without the fear of the rear tire coming off the ground.  Two fingers was overkill for me all day.

I can see over the windshield so that will be fine for me.  On a sunny day, with the sun behind you, the chrome dash really reflects on the windshield.  Price to pay for bling.

I FORGOT HOW TO DRESS!  Vision riding means dress for the actual temp, no wind chill.  I went out dressed for 50 degrees tonight and 70 mph is worth about 20 degrees of wind chill factor.  I was not dressed for 30! 

Rock on Vision Riders!

ingle51
Posted 2013-10-23 9:07 PM (#147056 - in reply to #140875)

Cruiser

NE Florida Jacksonville
I finally got my bike home after a nice 110 mile ride from Daytona. She is numbered 1137, and look beautiful. I just wish that Indian had all the accessories in stock. Have to wait for the passenger back rest and pad until December. The windshield bags are here but to conchos for the bags. Oh well I had to wait since August 5th whats a couple more months. Momma isn't happy until she gets her back rest.
Double Vision
Posted 2013-10-23 9:07 PM (#147057 - in reply to #140875)

Cruiser

Great write-up! Yeah, you'll feel cold on an Indian after riding a Vision. It'sa wake-up call!

I'm working on Branson!
SongFan
Posted 2013-10-23 9:25 PM (#147058 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Memphis
ingle51 - Was wondering how your day went.  Congrats on the new bike!  I'm looking forward to my next trip to Charlotte to get all the goodies installed.  Won't be til next year though.  Bone stock til then.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-23 11:44 PM (#147061 - in reply to #140875)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Sounds like y'all are having fun. I forget about how much wind protection I have on the Vision sometimes too............
Jump to page : < ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Now viewing page 17 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™