You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2013 IBA Memorial ride this fall
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Tims_11Vision
Posted 2013-06-28 4:39 PM (#141021)
Subject: 2013 IBA Memorial ride this fall

Cruiser

Lexington Park, MD
October 18 through November 3

Got this below email from Howard. I am working on 2 rides originating from the Hampton Roads area which I will be posting more about as time approaches. One will be hitting 4 memorials within VA and the other to accomodate Howards SAVE THE WEEKEND hint.

What is differnt about the annual IBA Memorial Ride? Well, if you havent done an IBA ride before, this is the perfect time to experience it. The IBA memorial ride consists of a mentor rider who sharing with a 2nd rider that has not experienced this type of riding the mentee the process and execution of planning an IBA ride and explains the paces of executing an IBA ride safely.

The IBA memorial website will have a list of registered riders as well as WHO they are riding in memory of. It can be military, family or maybe a fallen friend. Last year I took my neighbor out for this and not only was he move by the memorials we stopped at (That is NOT mandatory, it was just part of our ride) but the time to meditate on what we were riding for and enjoying the scenery. You will get a special IBA memorial patch and certs which I might ad were VERY impressive last year as well as the chance to show a non-IBA rider this style of riding. Of course the Mentor should have his/her mentee provide the coffee and snacks.. LOL

I will be updating this thread as I find more info or if someone else has more current info please feel free to add to it. Questions are absolutely welcome

Tim

From Howard:
In response to many emails I've received in the last week,
YES!
There will be a Memorial Ride this Fall, but this year it will be bigger and better than in the previous two years. I can't say a bunch more, since we're still working out the fine details, but I can tell you that we will have a seventeen day window for the ride--that's three weekends--from October 18 through November 3.
And on that last weekend, there's going to be something real special, so save that weekend!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tims_11Vision
Posted 2013-07-16 5:48 PM (#141726 - in reply to #141021)
Subject: RE: 2013 IBA Memorial ride this fall

Cruiser

Lexington Park, MD
Well the dates are in and time to start registering with Howard so we can cover all 50 states this year. I forgot to see how many Victory's made the ride last year but hoping by posting here the word will get out more and we can make a push at covering the lower 48 if not all 50.

This is a great time to show someone the ropes of IBA style riding and doing it nation wide memorializing someone you know and lost family or friend I think is a great way to break the new folks into it. Last year I took a friend who served in the Army and one of his tours was up in DC for burial details. It was a moving trip as he told me about some of his memories of those who gave it all. We visiited 7 memorials in the state of VA under the Tour of Honor ride while on the IBA run and it made for a challenging 1000+ miles stopping at some very moving memorials and paying our respects. I hope to see some folks around here get interested in commiting to ride in this event this year. What better way to remember somone than on two wheels seeing the world from the saddle? If anyone has questions about his, hit me up or email Howard Directly!

Safe ridin all!!!

Tim

Iron Butt Association Third Annual Fall Memorial Ride

This year's memorial ride will be special!
Each year the lives of many of our fellow motorcycle riders and loved ones are cut short. In their memory, a select group of riders will participate in a Saddle Sore 1000 during the same time period--October 18-November 3, 2013. We hope to have riders participating in all 50 states, and in all of the Canadian provinces. This 17 day period was selected because the weather across North America is generally good?not too hot and not too cold. This year's event will culminate in an IBA Party (and ride) in Dallas, Texas, on the last weekend of the ride, November 1-3, 2013.

Go to www.ironbutt.com/texas for more details.
You have multiple opportunities this year to participate in the Memorial. You can ride your SS1K in your local area, you can do a ride-in SS1K to Dallas, or/and you can do the special ride at the Dallas Party. Or do all three!
And to make this extra special, Mike Kneebone will be in Dallas to present your certificate to you (if we get your documentation according to the rules we'll publish later).

The IBA will issue a special certificate for this event.
To specially honor our fallen brethren, we?re asking each you to convince one of your motorcycle friends who is not an IBA member to ride the Saddle Sore with you.
This will give you the opportunity to mentor the ?newbie? in the skill of route planning, navigation, hydration, and ATGATT before and during the ride.

The person for whom you?re riding does not have to be a former IBA member, or even a former motorcycle rider. It can be anybody that is special to you; somebody that has had an impact on your life.
What better way to honor our departed friends than to bring new members into the sport we all love. This will be a fun event! IBA will issue special certificates for the mentor and the mentee, and a special patch for the event. A special website will list all the participants and for whom they?re riding. We?re working on other ideas to make this event special.

So plan to ride the Memorial with us this year, and come to Dallas for the grand finale. Recruit a mentee.
If you're going to Dallas, then follow the instructions at www.ironbutt.com/texas. If you're doing a ride in your local area, or planning to do a ride-in to DAllas, then send me an email.

Howard Entman
hentmanmd@gmail.com
901-230-0922
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™