You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

turn signal activates the emergency flashers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

wdwurker
Posted 2013-07-14 4:09 PM (#141607)
Subject: turn signal activates the emergency flashers

Cruiser

OK, I have finished the reverse kit install and everything seems to be working fine. One problem though... when I try to use the turn signals, the flashers come on instead.

I know I'm reaching here but the only thing I can think of is the instructions call for all 2011 to have the ECU? flashed to prevent the bike from being put in gear while the reverse drive motor is engaged. Maybe I have to have the flash done before the turn signals will work properly again???

Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-07-14 6:39 PM (#141615 - in reply to #141607)
Subject: Re: turn signal activates the emergency flashers

Visionary

I don't understand how the ECM would prevent that. I think you have wires crossed some place
wdwurker
Posted 2013-07-14 7:19 PM (#141616 - in reply to #141607)
Subject: Re: turn signal activates the emergency flashers

Cruiser

Yeah... in my head!
The wire harness has only two wires that actually attach to anything, the LOAD side of the circuit breaker directly behind the battery and a ground wire next to the breaker (along with all the other grounds) the rest of the harness is plugs that plug directly into unused plugs.

Clearly something is amiss, but I think if I had plugged something in backwards, upside-down, inside-out or crossed... I think there would be more of a problem than what I have.

I just wish that there was some place that would have the answer. My money says that it's unrelated to the reverse drive and is caused by something else...

Or is that just wishful thinking?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™