You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Speakers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

g1nomad
Posted 2007-10-23 10:12 AM (#1009)
Subject: Speakers

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Not trying to come across as a complainer, but I must write something. In all the
reviews I read, and still read, there are notes about the great stereo system. The
speakers in my Vision Tour are down right embarrassing. The sound quality is so
bad, I don't want the stereo too loud when pulling up around persons.

The system is way powerful. I don't think I have had it up past 12, and from the
looks of the level indicator, I'd say it goes to 30. I have adjusted the automatic
volume control, bass, treble, etc.. It is not any of those. There is just no clarity
in the sound. It can be loud, but never clear. The system sounds like it is in a
closed container at the end of a hallway, but with power. It looks as though after
market speakers are in my future. I also need a better antenna somehow, and I
have driven in the towns where the stations are, so that is not the sound quality
issue.

So, how do I get some tear down instructions of the dash? Is there a manual in
paper or *.pdf yet? That is something I'll need anyway for other issues.

Thanks for the ear.

Herb
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sjavera
Posted 2007-10-23 11:13 AM (#1010 - in reply to #1009)
Subject: RE: Speakers

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
Something is wrong. Mine is clear as a bell and sounds incredible. I did have an issue with my MP3 connection though. I would connect an MP3 player and the sound system was horrible. After digging a bit, I found that some of the wires in the MP3 connector were not seated correctly. After fixing this ( and later replacing with an iPod cable) no sound issues at all.

In fact, several have commented on how incredible the system sounds compared to Goldwings etc.

I have heard that there are several issues on the early models with the wiring harness. I would have someone look though the audio harness first.

I hope this helps.

Stuart
tralphaz
Posted 2007-10-23 12:15 PM (#1012 - in reply to #1010)

Tourer

It appears that the reception is not the best with this stereo, probably needs a better antenna, I have stations that come in clear in my truck that do not come in very well on the bike.
The Ipod cable is the ticket, the ability to change tracks is nice.
Just like sjavera, people on Harley's and Goldwings have commented how much better my stereo sounds than theirs.
sjavera
Posted 2007-10-23 12:39 PM (#1013 - in reply to #1009)

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
The metal trim above the headlight is the antenna I believe. There is a wire taped to it with a connector. It would REALLY be easy to splice into that wire and mount an external antenna somewhere else.

OR just load up the iPod and never even use the radio
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-23 1:03 PM (#1016 - in reply to #1009)
Subject: Re: Speakers

Fountain Inn, SC United States
When I test-rode the Vision, I also thought the speakers sounded terrible. Reception was not a problem. But the speakers sounded tinny and without any bass. When I turned the volume up to a slightly loud level, they were driven into distortion. It's surprising to think that the problem could be attributed to loose or unseated wiring. I'd have to know how they wired the stereo to comment on that. I come from a background as an audio engineer so while I no longer consider myself an audiophile, I can discern good sound. The Visions I rode didn't have good sound. I can only hope it was a loose wire, but doubt it.
sjavera
Posted 2007-10-23 1:13 PM (#1017 - in reply to #1009)

Puddle Jumper

Lake Park, GA
There is not a lot of bass. Bass seems to disappear on bikes rather quickly. The highs and the vocals (at least on mine) are very clear even at freeway speeds.

When my MP3 harness was broken, the sound was very muffled with only a part of the audio coming though the speakers. In other words, part of the highs could be heard with no vocals ???

Almost like a stereo plug pulled halfway out - but worse ...

Sounded terrible.

I can turn mine up to above 20 levels with no distortion. I do listen to a lot of classic rock ... no rap music

Edited by sjavera 2007-10-23 1:15 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-23 1:15 PM (#1018 - in reply to #1009)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I suggest you turn off the radio and listen to the wind, and the purr of your engine. STILL WAITING!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-10-23 2:24 PM (#1026 - in reply to #1009)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Seeing that I like my tunes too, I was looking into what I could do to spruce the sound a little. If I were guessing, I would bet the speakers are not more than 4 or so inches wide, which leaves very little to work with bass wise. If you are driving them to distort, maybe we put a small amp somewhere and see what happens. I believe there are some decent marine speakers we could get, but I haven't looked yet.
Buckeye, I love the purr of the engine but sometimes you gotta have a little AC/DC to accompany such a ride.

Edited by pollolittle 2007-10-23 2:25 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-10-23 2:34 PM (#1028 - in reply to #1009)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK! I love AC/DC! then again, any 70's early 80's rock (including Hair Bands) gets my motor running, I head out on the highway, looking for my Vision, thats going to come my way!
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-10-23 5:50 PM (#1037 - in reply to #1017)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Stuart - The sound you were hearing from your broken harness was the difference between Right & Left channels which occurred when there was a short between the either two hot leads, or one hot of one channel and the ground of the other. It gives you an A-B result. You're right - terrible!

I wonder if that's what I was hearing on the demo ride.

Jeff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™