You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Exhaust ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Dwight
Posted 2013-07-16 7:49 AM (#141693)
Subject: Exhaust ?

Cruiser

I have Nascar6 pipes on my bike, I noticed a couple of days ago that the baffle on the right was loose, so I removed it. I checked the one on the left and it is still good and tight.
I took the bike for a ride and I love the sound it has..now the ? is does anyone see a problem with the left having a baffle and right not having one?
I feels like it still has the same power and it will raise the rpms just as fast as ever...
What are the thoughts?
thanks Dwight
Top of the page Bottom of the page
a99miata
Posted 2013-07-17 3:54 PM (#141769 - in reply to #141693)
Subject: Re: Exhaust ?

Tourer

northwest florida
unequal backpressure is not a good thing in the long run.
Dwight
Posted 2013-07-18 7:29 AM (#141788 - in reply to #141693)

Cruiser

I would agree with that but with this pipe design on the vision, the back pressure is never even. If you notice one side has much more eexhaust coming out than the other..it reminds me of a 2into 1 with a pipe..lol
nailer
Posted 2013-07-18 8:53 AM (#141789 - in reply to #141693)
Subject: RE: Exhaust ?

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Dwight - 2013-07-16 6:49 AM

I have Nascar6 pipes on my bike, I noticed a couple of days ago that the baffle on the right was loose, so I removed it. I checked the one on the left and it is still good and tight.
I took the bike for a ride and I love the sound it has..now the ? is does anyone see a problem with the left having a baffle and right not having one?
I feels like it still has the same power and it will raise the rpms just as fast as ever...
What are the thoughts?
thanks Dwight

If the left side baffle was removed instead of the right, don't think there would be much of an issue. Since the right side is straight thru while left side has the cross over, I'd assume even more flow thru the right side/even less flow thru the left.

Do the Nascar6 pipes have removeable baffles or did the right side baffle welds break? Not familiar with them....
BillyJoe
Posted 2013-07-18 10:27 AM (#141794 - in reply to #141693)

Cruiser

, AR United States
The cross-over pipe helps to equalize exhaust pressure coming out of the engine. My guess would be that the open muffler taking so much more exhaust and heat won't last as long as the other. Either way, I wouldn't leave it like this too long. You might try different baffles for more sound.
Dwight
Posted 2013-07-19 9:27 AM (#141837 - in reply to #141693)

Cruiser

The baffle came loose and was trying to get out..luckily I saw it and grabbed it before it worked its way all the way out..it was welded into the pipe.
The pipes work great and sound good but I was hoping to just leave it until winter and then having it repaired.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™