You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Something slipping
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

tralphaz
Posted 2013-07-19 1:35 PM (#141848)
Subject: Something slipping

Tourer

I posted this on thevmc.com also,

I'm having an issue with both my '05 Vegas and my '08 Vision, only happens on hard acceleration, best description is it feels like I'm hitting the rev limiter (but noisier) for a fraction of a second (then continues accelerating) but I'm only turning around 3500-4500 rpm, usually happens in 3rd or 4th gear and it only happens once during any acceleration cycle, as though something is slipping one way during acceleration and slipping back into place during deceleration,

is there anything that could have come loose that would need to be tightened up? Torque compensator? Clutch basket? Front pulley? I've inspected the belt for missing cogs as I'm assuming it would feel the same if the belt slipped a couple of teeth, both belts appear fine, shift linkage is free and well lubed.
Does this sound familiar?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-07-19 2:23 PM (#141850 - in reply to #141848)
Subject: Re: Something slipping

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
For both bikes to have the exact same parts going bad or coming loose I doubt it.
. What oil are you using? Are you using any additives in your oil?
varyder
Posted 2013-07-19 5:26 PM (#141858 - in reply to #141848)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Doesn't really sound familiar, but being they are similar on two different bikes you need to rule out the oil first. Without hanging off the side of your bike when accelerating, it's hard to guess. There's a lot of stuff going on, and I'm not sure what your shifting habits are, but I've never heard of this happening. There is a banshee sound that happens sometime from a hard takeoff from a stop, and others have experienced that as well, so I read. When shifting hard and quick, my hand comes off the clutch handle completely, how about you?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-07-19 8:11 PM (#141868 - in reply to #141848)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
how LOOSE is the belt on Both bikes?? (skipping teeth) i know im really reaching here.... but who knows?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™