You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Help please
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Gray rider
Posted 2013-07-22 5:34 PM (#141968)
Subject: Help please

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I need some advise from one or more of you wrenches out there. I'm trying to install a set of mirrors on my Vision using the bolts holding the levers in place. I know, I know it's gonna look strange, but I can't come up with any other solution to being able to see something other than my hands. I had the up and back bars installed and they put mu hands dead center in the middle of the mirrors and more so with the mrs. on board. Anyway, I ordered a pair of mirrors that are 10mm with 8mm reducers, but the reducers are too short. I tried extensions and they didn't work either as they are too short as well. So now I'm reduced to begging for advise. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-07-22 5:56 PM (#141970 - in reply to #141968)
Subject: Re: Help please

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i dont even use the mirrors... they are there.. but i look over my shoulder each and every time i change lanes... more than a few times in the past when i "trusted" the mirrors, i was let down by someone being in my blind spot. i feel this will be the case no matter what mirrors i use, UNless i get those sticker ad-ons you can put on your stock mirrors so you can see further out.. but right now, all i do is simply look over my should for a split second.. No need for tacky out of place looking mirrors on your vision....
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-07-22 6:16 PM (#141972 - in reply to #141968)

Visionary

not going to work or happen.

What you want to do is go look at a new model 2011 and up see where they mount.
Now find some one with a drill press or a mill. Now you can drill and tap the controls. Don't drill in to far and tape them for harley mirrors then you will have five hundred to chose from.
Do a search in the tech forum here and you can find where guys put mirrors on top of the stock mirrors
Gray rider
Posted 2013-07-22 6:22 PM (#141973 - in reply to #141972)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I've done the mirrors on top of the stock mirrors where they screw down, but they blur so bad, they're useless.
jb.hatch
Posted 2013-07-22 7:04 PM (#141977 - in reply to #141968)

Cruiser

Phenix City AL.
Drill and tap the clutch and break reservoir , it is not hard to do, you can get a 8 or 10 mm tap that comes with the proper drill bit, If you use the casting marks as a reference point I E . to keep the hole centered. its aluminum so its easy to do with any hand drill.
opas ride
Posted 2013-07-22 7:59 PM (#141980 - in reply to #141968)

Tourer

Maybe you need to go back to the stock bars....Most Vision riders that have adjusted the stock mirrors correctly seem to have no issues...I have had many, many bikes over the last 40 years with mirrors no better/different than the Vision....Mine seem to work fine for me..Good Luck

Edited by opas ride 2013-07-22 8:04 PM
Gray rider
Posted 2013-07-22 8:04 PM (#141981 - in reply to #141977)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Thanks guys for all the advise. Looks like the drill and tap is the way to go. Unfortunately, this is not my cup of tea as I'm not very mechanically inclined. I do have a riding buddy who's an engineer and I'm sure he has the talent to handle a project of this magnitude.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™