You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory vs Indian
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-03 9:49 AM (#142425 - in reply to #142346)
Subject: Re: Victory vs Indian

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Songfan, maybe I'll see you at the Charlotte Indian/ Victory dealer sometime. I live 275 miles from that dealer, but I stop in quite often on my way to Charlotte to see family. They seem like really nice people. I hope they seel alot of bikes this coming year, Victory and Indian. Best looking stand alone Victory dealershio I've seen.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2013-08-03 10:03 AM (#142426 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
What's in a name? A lot, and Indian has a name in history and biking culture, Polaris knows better to mess that up with a lot of experiments to see what works. I see the motorcycle world runs in veins, and you've got to hit the biggest vein for the market you're appealing too. AMF threw Harley for a loop that took a while to recover. Didn't they just get a bail-out? If we had that mind-set in 1953, Indian may have been bailed out as well. Perception drives a train, and it is as individual as the rider. Indian will be driven by the old-fart vein, and it will prove itself to be the best marketing tool out there. No one will ever say "what's that" about an Indian, like they do with the Vision and Victory in general.

I'm glad I made the cut, Tom, and I hope to meet you some day soon, maybe in Charlotte. ;o)
SongFan
Posted 2013-08-03 11:01 AM (#142429 - in reply to #142426)

Visionary

Memphis

varyder - 2013-08-03 10:03 AM  I'm glad I made the cut, Tom, and I hope to meet you some day soon, maybe in Charlotte. ;o)

Hey Chris.  Man, those names just rushed out at me as I reminisced about the early days.  KansasGuardsman, the two Toms - Carolina Tom and Chandler Tom, markh (I wonder how many miles he has now),Newfie, Lowtone9, Breaker, BUCKEYE...the list goes on and on.  So many characters I'd like to sit across the table from.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted on when I'll head over to Charlotte.  I told my wife today that I'm not gonna make it to next summer.  I'm gonna go ahead and order the bike the day I'm eligible and have Mark Moses and gang go ahead and set it up for me ASAP.  I told my youngest son today (the one that did the Continental Divide trip with me 10 years ago) that I'm gonna recover from the hip surgery as fast as I can (enough to travel) and shoot for an October trip to pick up the bike.  I'll sign for it and hand the keys to my son and let him ride it home over the Smokies. 

As the Bob Seger song goes....Turn the Page.

varyder
Posted 2013-08-03 11:38 AM (#142431 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
...roll me away...
jeffmack
Posted 2013-08-03 2:15 PM (#142432 - in reply to #142346)

Iron Butt

Those are the memories, that make me a wealthy soul......
radioteacher
Posted 2013-08-03 6:52 PM (#142439 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Nice one Tom,

Buckeye.....I was trying to remember that screen name last night.

I will check back after 8:00 PM.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-08-03 7:57 PM (#142442 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
its "almost" like polaris is GM and victory and Indian are the (Buick, Oldsmobile,ponitac etc)
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-08-03 8:13 PM (#142443 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
its "almost" like polaris is GM and victory and Indian are the (Buick, Oldsmobile,ponitac etc)
cjnoho
Posted 2013-08-04 2:51 PM (#142517 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

So Cal
It's a win/win if polaris dosen't alienate victory riders. Let's face it victorys dealer network is lacking. If they try to keep indian and victory seperate then victory looses. EVERYONE knows polaris makes both, can't understand why they would. But I'm not polaris, and we all know about vics customer support. If they're smart vic/indian dealers would definetly benifit all. Kind of like a cadillac/buick dealer.
bigfoot
Posted 2013-08-04 4:02 PM (#142519 - in reply to #142346)

Tourer

Akron Ohio area
Songfan,
Is your new Indian going to be a Chieftain?
SongFan
Posted 2013-08-04 4:34 PM (#142524 - in reply to #142346)
Subject: RE: Victory vs Indian

Visionary

Memphis

bigfoot,

Nope, it will be a red Vintage.  My dream color combo would be turquoise/ivory but it's not an option right now.  I actually like the blue the best as a color and that's what I would get if I got a Chieftan.  Since I'm going old school with Beach Bars and fringes hanging off the grips and levers, I decided to go with red.  When I think classic Indian, I think valanced fenders and red, right off the bat.

I was totally unprepared for an Indian with a fairing so when the Chieftan showed up I was completely gobsmacked.  I couldn't even bring myself to consider it as an option because I was so committed to a leather bagged Chief.  Now that I can get my head around it, I would take a Chieftan over a Cross Country in a heartbeat because of the power windshield and awesome dash/keyless features.  (If I still had my Lloydz-cammed Vision, all painted up like I had it, the Indians would not even be an option for me.)

I had my heart set on a Chief with stressed leather and fringe hanging everwhere so that is what I am going with.  Totally opposite of the Vision.  I can see myself taking regular backroads trips without the windshield on it.

ingle51
Posted 2013-08-05 5:14 PM (#142581 - in reply to #142346)

Cruiser

NE Florida Jacksonville
You will enjoy retirement Songfan, I'm keeping my Vision because it is a superb touring bike. However I just put my deposit down on a 2014 Chief Vintage because I love the bike and it reminds me of my dads 1949 Indian Chief. It's a family thing.
SongFan
Posted 2013-08-05 5:32 PM (#142584 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

Memphis

ingle51,

I am so pumped about retirement, I can hardly stand myself. 

My youngest daughter asked me today: "So, even with the Indian, do you think you'll ever get another Vision?"  I paused for a second and said "Let me put it this way, my brain is already thinking about what it would be like to have both and how would I use each of them differently.  Knowing me like you do, you know where this is going."

XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-05 5:38 PM (#142585 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Hahaha, I started laughing, you and I think alot alike. Even though I have two beautiful Visions down in the garage right now this Indian thing has me looking forward to a Chieftain test ride like a 12 year old on December 1st thinking about a BB gun for Christmas........ It's great and kinda weird at the same time...........
SongFan
Posted 2013-08-06 10:31 AM (#142615 - in reply to #142346)

Visionary

Memphis

Scott Wine is back in New York and is all over the business/money circuit this week.  Click on nearly any business related website, search scott wine and he is all over the place in both print and video interviews.

We all know that the focus has been on the Indian release over the last two years so this article should be good news to Victory guys.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-05/three-big-indians-to-revive-a-century-old-motorcycle-brand

Cometman
Posted 2013-08-06 12:42 PM (#142623 - in reply to #142346)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
If Indian was around in 2009 when I bought my Vision, I'd be riding an Indian. I can not wait to sit on the new Indians and take one for a test ride.

While I would never get ride of my Vision, what a compliment to the Vision styling would be to have a Chief parked next to it. I want one, I will own one within a year.

I agree with Songfan too... the Red Vintage with all the fringe they make hanging off the bastard!

Go Polaris!

Tim

Edited by Cometman 2013-08-06 12:46 PM
ingle51
Posted 2013-08-06 1:31 PM (#142624 - in reply to #142346)

Cruiser

NE Florida Jacksonville
Well written Songfan thanks for your insight. I too am a Vision enthusiast and love my 2010 ABS Vision. However I have made room in my garage for a new 2014 Indian Chief Vintage. I put a deposit down on a red one and can't wait to pick it up. May Polaris live long and prosper, sorry too much Star Trek.

Darryl Ingle
Cometman
Posted 2013-08-06 1:34 PM (#142625 - in reply to #142346)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Never too much Star Trek..
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™