You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

4000 KM trip to sturgis
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

damianpark
Posted 2013-08-14 3:42 PM (#142973)
Subject: 4000 KM trip to sturgis

Puddle Jumper

Well Sturgis has come and gone....what a great ride. However 150 miles out of sturgis my rear wheel developed one hell of a wobble. So much that I had to slow down almost to a crawl. Pulled into Sturgis around midnight and retired for the night. Next morning it was worse...so I limped into a tire replacement shop. They figured that it could be a belt that had let go in the tire. Turns out that my rear right wheel bearing had disintegrated. Wow am I ever lucky this didn't kill me. The vision only had 7000miles on it when this happened. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, should I go to my local Victory dealer and let them know, ask for some sort of compensation? IE cost of bearing? Bike is a 2010 VV 8Ball

Any input would be great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-14 4:13 PM (#142976 - in reply to #142973)
Subject: Re: 4000 KM trip to sturgis

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Never heard of that. I replaced mine at about 10,000 miles because I had the wheels powdercoated. Got 21,000 miles on the new replacement wheel bearings no problems. Varyder might be able to answer, he has over 140,000 miles on his vision.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-08-14 6:22 PM (#142978 - in reply to #142973)
Subject: Re: 4000 KM trip to sturgis

Visionary

you know Vic buys there bearing from some supplier and they hope they get good one. My 09 street glide with a thousand miles on it had the tranie main shaft bearing go out.
If you ever need bearings go to a bearing store you can get better bearings for less money. O you can pick up a belt tool there to
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™