You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-22 11:36 AM (#143376 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: Re: Victory Vision Recall Petition!!!

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Thank you Bill for being proactive and spearheading this effort. Is there a lawyer among our Vision community that could provide guidance in this critical matter?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
taz456
Posted 2013-08-22 2:09 PM (#143382 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
signed, I have not had an issue yet but I do look when I check the tire pressure. I do no wan this to happen to me or anyone else.
Bigmax
Posted 2013-08-22 4:19 PM (#143385 - in reply to #143276)

Puddle Jumper

@Taz, when you do get around to checking the screws on the inside of the rear fender be sure to use a sharp/bright flashlight and look for hairline cracks around the screw. That is how the problem starts!
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-22 4:25 PM (#143386 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Even better to remove it once in a while. The crack in mine is small. I wouldn't have seen it with a flashlight.
rebelce
Posted 2013-08-22 5:00 PM (#143388 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

On a trip down to the Dragon, I heard a clunk and felt a weird vibration. The right bolt holding in the rear portion of the front fender had fallen out! I got some replacement parts at a hardware store and came on home. The Vic mechanic laughed and said use more locktite. So I bought the correct $6.50 bolt and signed the petition. Love the bike but MaVic is a bitch at times.
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-22 6:04 PM (#143390 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Very soon, I am distressed to say, that one of this posts is going to report a serious injury or death of a Vision rider due to Victory's lack of response to this very serious safety issue...At first I did not pay much attention and continued to ride my bike..Not so much anymore as this potential safety hazard is constantly on my mind as I ride...I am seriously considering trading my Vision for a F6B Honda or X/C bike so I can ride with more confidence...And "DAMN IT"..I really love my Vision, but not enough to get hurt or killed due to the parent company's apparent lack of concern for its products and rider safety.......
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-22 6:46 PM (#143393 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
The only other Victory model I'd consider is the XCT but my issue isn't with the Vision but with the corporate attitude. If I get rid of my Vision over this, I won't buy any other Victory bike. If they refuse to address this issue, what's to say they won't refuse to address some kind of safety issue with a XCT?
buddahead
Posted 2013-08-22 7:25 PM (#143398 - in reply to #143376)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
Street Eagle - 2013-08-22 8:36 AM

Thank you Bill for being proactive and spearheading this effort. Is there a lawyer among our Vision community that could provide guidance in this critical matter?

You do not need a lawyer, everyone with the problem just needs to file a formal complain with the federal government...

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
willtill
Posted 2013-08-22 7:37 PM (#143400 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Central Maryland
There are some RETARDED postings going on here; regarding the thought of letting the bike go if Ma Vic doesn't address the issue. IMHO it is very minor and can be EASILY addressed with a reinforcing repair as a temporary (an effective solution) until the wind plays out in the sails with Ma Vic.

Some state that they're going to get rid of your bike over this; is an entirely infantile response to the issue. The Vision is a terrific motorcycle and this little flaw (doesn't happen to EVERYONE) should not be even considered an issue to dump the bike.

So many other motorcycles have issues as well; all of the one's that I have owned or currently owned have had issues; made and known by owners on applicable message boards. You know what? We didn't sit around and wring our hands and yammer for help like a bunch of gawd dammed clueless liberal pansies... we came up with a fix and implemented it.

It's part of owning a motorcycle. Working on it and improving it; recognizing flaws from the manufacturer and besting them at their mistake(s)/shortcomings.

So... some of you need to quit crying like a bitch and address the issue yourself with a temporary reinforcing repair (which has already been discussed and articulated on this board, until ma Vic addresses it (if they ever do). Or if you still cannot fathom what to do; might as well sell it because you really don't warrant ownership of the Vision. Or really any other motorcycle.

Edited by willtill 2013-08-22 7:38 PM
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-22 8:18 PM (#143402 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Retarded? Infantile? Dammed clueless liberal pansies? Bitches? Really?

If it wasn't a safety issue and if Victory addressed the issue it would be different. Clueless? You're the one who's clueless. Hopefully, it isn't you or any of your friends (you do have friends, don't you?) who ends up getting in an accident because of this.

I'm more than willing to spend my money replacing handlebars because the stockers don't quite fit me. I'm more than willing to spend my money having my seat modified because I happen to be in the 2% who are uncomfortable. I shouldn't have to spend my money FIXING anything, especially not a safety issue. That said, I just spent $300 "fixing" the problem (permanently). How many riders either don't know much about mechanics or don't know there's a problem to begin with? If I buy a 20 year old bike, I'm going to expect to fix stuff. Not so much on an 11 month old bike.

"It's part of owning a motorcycle. Working on it and improving it; recognizing flaws from the manufacturer and besting them at their mistake(s)/shortcomings." No, it's not. Owning a motorcycle is about RIDING it, not working on it. If I wanted to WORK on a motorcycle, I would have bought a 20 year old Harley. Did you buy either of your bikes because you wanted to work on them? That bored, I don't wanna be.

"Some state that they're going to get rid of your bike over this..." I said I wouldn't buy another Victory if corporate doesn't address this. It isn't about the Vision (which I think is the best bike I've ever owned), it's about the corporate attitude. The "company", whether it's Victory, Harley or Honda, needs to quickly address and fix any safety issues. Other non-safety concerns should be addressed but it's not critical that a company addresses those ASAP. (Hey, if my cruise control stops working, I can hand throttle it until I get to a dealer to have it looked at.)

Bottom line is that you just don't see the picture. And, you're an ass. (I swear I tried to get through this without stooping to your level but I just couldn't do it.)
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-22 9:25 PM (#143410 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Contraction: the process of shortening a word by combination. So, when I said "you're an ass", I meant "you ARE an ass". I wasn't referring to your posterior.

I got your "message". You think anyone who complains about a safety issue is a retarded bitch (your words, not mine). (BTW, thanks for editing your post.) You also think it's better to work on a bike than ride it.

Lots of things stir emotions in me. Riding my bike stirs emotion, listening to music stirs an emotion and reading a post like yours stirs an emotion.

All of your name calling just shows your level of immaturity. Grow up and go work on your bike.

Edited by Monkeyman 2013-08-22 9:25 PM
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-08-22 9:41 PM (#143413 - in reply to #143276)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
OK, you win. Apparently, you're so bad ass it just doesn't matter what happens to you or anyone else. All you've done is call names. That's not very grown up. You'd think 21 years in the Army would have taught you a bit of respect. You might be a man, but you're not a grown man. Again, grow up.
willtill
Posted 2013-08-23 4:57 AM (#143427 - in reply to #143413)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Monkeyman - 2013-08-22 10:41 PM

OK, you win. Apparently, you're so bad ass it just doesn't matter what happens to you or anyone else. All you've done is call names. That's not very grown up. You'd think 21 years in the Army would have taught you a bit of respect. You might be a man, but you're not a grown man. Again, grow up.

You have to earn respect, to be respected. You fail to attain it.

The fender issue is important and I am expounding on a temporary solution that all can employ; until it is addressed by the manufacturer; if they ever decide to address it. As I've stated before; you can whine about it like a child and do nothing to ensure your own safety in the interim; or you can take steps to mitigate the issue until a permanent one is presented.

IndyVision
Posted 2013-08-23 11:32 AM (#143448 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

There use to be a time on this website when people could disagree, state there point of view, and avoid using profanity, or start thowing out generic profanity laced insults. Seriously, I hope Jedi Jeff reads some of these and other post and takes action. This "friendly" website is supposed to be primarily about the Vision and also cover general topics involving Victory.
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-23 12:26 PM (#143451 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

This kind of BS and fault finding with other riders will not prompt Victory to address this issue as they will see these posts as a real turn-off!!! Come on people, lets act like adults here and deal with this issue the best way it suits our individual needs.....BTW, some of us are not as skilled as others and depend on dealers/techs to take care of our needs so we really have no other choice at this point but to wait for Victory to respond...Hopefully they will!!!
willtill
Posted 2013-08-23 12:34 PM (#143452 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Opa, when I reinforce my rear fender, I'll post pictures and instructions. You will, as well as any others; can take the opportunity to address it yourself while waiting for Ma Vic to address it (if and when they ever will). or you can elect to continue to complain and do nothing about it; until it falls off and kills you.

If it falls off. If it kills you. It may never happen. What can happen though; is your own peace of mind for addressing it yourself.

Remember.... Hope = Wishful thinking without action.

Edited by willtill 2013-08-23 12:37 PM
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-23 2:28 PM (#143458 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Hey, willtill...I am all for a temporary or permanent fix for this fender...Don't get me wrong I will look closely at any ideas that are brought forward with those that have far more mechanical skills than me...I appreciate your willingness to post your idea/pictures, and having some piece of mind is better than none...What do you think of the rubber grommet insert idea in the OEM fender as a fix until, hopefully Victory comes up with their solution..if any??
willtill
Posted 2013-08-23 2:48 PM (#143460 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I am not familiar with a rubber grommet insert; that reinforces the attachment point of the fender. I am going to augment the area inside of the fender; around the mounting hole and to the the immediate rear fender of the hole; with yet TBD materiel and an epoxy to hold it in place.

This will spread the stress of those two mounting holes over a much wider area of the fender; which will preclude cracking and break away of the lower fender.

I have 15,000 on my 2011 now... no signs of cracking around the mounting holes. I intend to keep it that way.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
bigfoot
Posted 2013-08-26 2:12 PM (#143577 - in reply to #143400)

Tourer

Akron Ohio area

willtill - 2013-08-22 8:37 PM There are some RETARDED postings going on here; regarding the thought of letting the bike go if Ma Vic doesn't address the issue. IMHO it is very minor and can be EASILY addressed with a reinforcing repair as a temporary (an effective solution) until the wind plays out in the sails with Ma Vic. Some state that they're going to get rid of your bike over this; is an entirely infantile response to the issue. The Vision is a terrific motorcycle and this little flaw (doesn't happen to EVERYONE) should not be even considered an issue to dump the bike. So many other motorcycles have issues as well; all of the one's that I have owned or currently owned have had issues; made and known by owners on applicable message boards. You know what? We didn't sit around and wring our hands and yammer for help like a bunch of gawd dammed clueless liberal pansies... we came up with a fix and implemented it. It's part of owning a motorcycle. Working on it and improving it; recognizing flaws from the manufacturer and besting them at their mistake(s)/shortcomings. So... some of you need to quit crying like a bitch and address the issue yourself with a temporary reinforcing repair (which has already been discussed and articulated on this board, until ma Vic addresses it (if they ever do). Or if you still cannot fathom what to do; might as well sell it because you really don't warrant ownership of the Vision. Or really any other motorcycle.

I have no intention of getting rid of SCREAM, but these days I ride mostly alone. 

So you think that a Gerry-rigged band-aid by each and every owner of a Vision to fix a safety issue on a 2 year old $24,000 vehicle is perfectly acceptable?  Well, that's a pretty ridiculous statement by a "gawd damn clueless GOP Tea-Koch-Bagger".  Right back at you, LOL.  And by the way, these guys complaining are not Liberals, but I am.  The 3 main posters on this topic are fire breathing conservatives.  

I'm sure that you would find it perfectly acceptable to through bolted visible strips of metal on your 2 year old car to hold the fender in place.  NOT

I've owned Hondas and put 60,000+ miles on each of them with no need to replace anything but chains, tires, one headlight and lube.

I owned a Suzuki 650 Burgman Scooter that I rode through 31 states while accumulating 38,000 miles on her and only replaced the oil/filter.

So are you saying that we can't make a dependable and safe motorcycle here in the USA?

The plastic that they are using to make this part gets brittle over time.  They need to change the formula or find a different vendor to supply this part.  They could even make it an inch longer so it couldn't fly up and into the fairing.

When you are pulling out into oncoming traffic and you can't turn your 900 pound motorcycle and that 18 wheeler is barreling down on you, maybe you'll change your tune.  I just hope your daughter or wife isn't on the back when it happens.

opas ride
Posted 2013-08-26 3:59 PM (#143579 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Bigfoot....+1+1+!....Victory needs to address this issue and deal with it ASAP....someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed.......maybe sooner, maybe later...But temporary fixes are not the answer, maybe ok for some, but not for me....JMHO
Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-27 6:00 PM (#143666 - in reply to #143276)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
I was just contacted by Consumer Services at Victory informing me that they will not be recalling the front fender on the Visions. They said their engineers have reviewed the cases submitted and have concluded there is no problem with the fenders and the cracks are considered cosmetic and normal wear and tear. The person went on to say that Motorcyles are mechanical and like anything mechanical, you should be vigilent about pre-ride inspections to ensure the machine is suitable for riding. So, Vision Riders - be sure to check your fenders or re-inforce them like others have suggested. Victory will not be offering an alternative part for this issue because they do not consider it a manufacturing defect or problem.

I am not an engineer, but to expect that people should be checking their front fenders for crack failure seems extreme to me.

I am not surprised by this decision in any way shape or form. I hope that by raising this issue, it may prevent injury or death due to the front fender cracking.
Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-27 6:16 PM (#143668 - in reply to #143400)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
willtill - 2013-08-22 8:37 PM

There are some RETARDED postings going on here; regarding the thought of letting the bike go if Ma Vic doesn't address the issue. IMHO it is very minor and can be EASILY addressed with a reinforcing repair as a temporary (an effective solution) until the wind plays out in the sails with Ma Vic.

Some state that they're going to get rid of your bike over this; is an entirely infantile response to the issue. The Vision is a terrific motorcycle and this little flaw (doesn't happen to EVERYONE) should not be even considered an issue to dump the bike.

So many other motorcycles have issues as well; all of the one's that I have owned or currently owned have had issues; made and known by owners on applicable message boards. You know what? We didn't sit around and wring our hands and yammer for help like a bunch of gawd dammed clueless liberal pansies... we came up with a fix and implemented it.

It's part of owning a motorcycle. Working on it and improving it; recognizing flaws from the manufacturer and besting them at their mistake(s)/shortcomings.

So... some of you need to quit crying like a bitch and address the issue yourself with a temporary reinforcing repair (which has already been discussed and articulated on this board, until ma Vic addresses it (if they ever do). Or if you still cannot fathom what to do; might as well sell it because you really don't warrant ownership of the Vision. Or really any other motorcycle.

Do you work for Victory?
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-27 6:17 PM (#143669 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Thanks for the efforts put forth by Spiderman and others on this issue and as said above, Victory's decision does not surprise me at all...They have been very non-responsive and non-caring before about customer satisfaction from the beginning.. "Sell em a bike and then to hell with em"..attitude seems to be the norm from several posts over the years on other issues...I cannot speak from current experience as my 2011 Vision has had no major issues since purchase and I hope it stays that way..I suppose I will address the fender issue when it happens or wait for those with ideas for repairs to post on the web-site...Some guys seems to have a pretty good idea how to make the plastic fender more supportive and less prone to cracking....JMHO..PS I hope one of their "engineers" doesn't have the rear fender portion fall off the Vision he may be riding!!!
willtill
Posted 2013-08-27 6:22 PM (#143670 - in reply to #143276)

Visionary

Central Maryland
No, I do not work for Victory. And it seems that what we all expected has turned out true. We are on our own to address it.
bigfoot
Posted 2013-08-27 7:51 PM (#143680 - in reply to #143276)

Tourer

Akron Ohio area
I got a call too.
Nice guy reading from a lawyer prepared script.
"Normal wear and tear".
"Not considered to be dangerous to our riders".

Yeah, thats why I almost crapped my pants because I couldn't steer SCREAM around a corner, because there was no danger.

If a fender falling apart on a 2 year old vehicle is considered to be normal wear and tear by Victory's "engineers", what else should we expect these "engineers" to have designed as "normal wear and tear" items with a 2 year lifespan?

Did these "engineers" get their degrees online or in Jamaica?

I'm keeping my broken fender so I can show the jury what we complained about as a safety hazard during the wrongful death trial that will eventually happen.
Gross negligence.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™