You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New speakers for the front...What size for the rear?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

joe schmoe
Posted 2013-08-27 6:48 AM (#143627)
Subject: New speakers for the front...What size for the rear?

Tourer

East TN

Last night I ordered a set of Focal 5.25 speakers for the front of my Vision. When I get some more extra money, I want to replace the rear speakers as well. Are they 5.25 speakers also? Seems like a smaller cavity, but haven't really investigated them either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If the Focals don't fit due to the magnet, I plan on installing them in my truck...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Guntown Drifter
Posted 2013-08-27 8:02 AM (#143631 - in reply to #143627)
Subject: RE: New speakers for the front...What size for the rear?

Puddle Jumper

Same size, look in tech reference section I believe I saw a write up on speakers in there, good info
Lotzafun
Posted 2013-08-27 9:59 PM (#143690 - in reply to #143627)
Subject: Re: New speakers for the front...What size for the rear?

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
If you remove the plastic enclosures out of the front and replace them with foam enclosures off Ebay then you won't need to worry about magnet sizes and fitting.

A link to what I'm talking about.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTC-5-25-Foam-Speaker-Baffles-VXT55-acousti...

The rears are 5.25" however while there is quite a bit of room there isn't a lot of room, or in other words you might need to worry about magnet size in the rear.
joe schmoe
Posted 2013-08-28 9:20 PM (#143743 - in reply to #143690)

Tourer

East TN

Lotzafun - 2013-08-27 10:59 PM If you remove the plastic enclosures out of the front and replace them with foam enclosures off Ebay then you won't need to worry about magnet sizes and fitting. A link to what I'm talking about.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTC-5-25-Foam-Speaker-Baffles-VXT55-acousti... The rears are 5.25" however while there is quite a bit of room there isn't a lot of room, or in other words you might need to worry about magnet size in the rear.

Thanks for the reply...I had to use those baffles as the Focal speakers would not fit in the Vision speaker housing....Luckily, I ordered them when I ordered the speakers!!! 

Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-28 9:47 PM (#143745 - in reply to #143627)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I've been looking for a baffle solution...thanks for the info. I installed the Polk Audio but I know I'm loosing some of the acoustic capabilities of the speakers in the factory enclosures.

Will this baffle also work with the rears? They should but was wondering if anyone has experience with this. The rear speakers are accoustically handicaped...basically just a hallow space where the bass gets lost and the high end is muddy.
Turk
Posted 2013-08-29 6:53 AM (#143754 - in reply to #143743)

Iron Butt

I found no good way to mount the crutchfield aftermarket baffles, so I just run the speakers without them. Honestly, I think it sounds better without the baffles, as it allows the cone to move more freely.... The only drawback is they occasionally transmit enough lows to the front access cover to cause some buzzing... but that is very infrequent.

Also, I still use the mounting system from the factory baffle, I simply cut the majority of the plastic baffle off of the mounting rim.... seemed easier than getting my own screws and trying to align the separate nuts on the back when securing.
Riverdawg
Posted 2013-08-29 12:55 PM (#143760 - in reply to #143627)
Subject: RE: New speakers for the front...What size for the rear?

Cruiser

Camas Washington
I wrote about this before, with foam baffles you lose sound and also get some feedback that makes the speakers sound like they are shot. Get some Dynamat http://www.dynamat.com/ and insulate the inside of the foam baffle. Your local car stero shop will have the sheets since they use it for most installs
baadawg
Posted 2013-08-29 8:05 PM (#143795 - in reply to #143627)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Gardner,
A local stereo shop has some Focal speakers set up to listen to and despite my hearing loss, they are amazing! One set really stood out over the rest but I don't know the particular kind. They wouldn't tell me, I'm guessing they don't want me beating their price on the internet. Which ones did you go with?

Oh and yeah, the rears are 5.25 as well, but you don't need to worry as much about magnet size in the rear as it is much more generous than the front. My Polks have much bigger magnets!

Edited by baadawg 2013-08-29 8:16 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™