You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

witchdoctor
Posted 2013-08-30 4:54 PM (#143838)
Subject: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

I have been following along about the Vision front fender problem started by Spiderman. Over the past few weeks I have received quite a few emails and phone calls about coming up with something. Customers have told me what they want and we are listening. Last night Spiderman contacted us and said he will be bringing his bike in to figure something out. Development of a new fender is now paramount on our list of new products. Spidermans dedication to solving this safety issue so no one gets hurt is second to none.

We will do our best to have something ready to go late Sept.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
opas ride
Posted 2013-08-30 5:50 PM (#143840 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Tourer

Jon, Thanks so much for at least listening to us Vision riders and caring about our safety..I know from past experiences with you, on other parts, that you are very concerned about customer satisfaction, apparently something Victory Mgmt. is not, and am confident a solution will be found...I commend Spiderman for his diligence and efforts to resolve this issue...As I said on my prior post, the fender on my 2011 seems okay for now, but I am not willing to run-the-risk of an accident or such just because those at Victory seem to feel this is only cosmetic "wear and tear".Too many reports on the various web-sites for me to buy Victory's cop-out on this issue....Thanks again
Oldman47
Posted 2013-08-30 5:55 PM (#143842 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Tourer

Central Illinois
It is great to hear that you are working on something. An item to be aware of is the impact of corrosion on a front fender. I suspect that is why the back half of the Vision fender is plastic. The HD I traded for my Vision had a bad corrosion problem right at the back edge of its stock steel fender. I used an HD accessory part to cover up the damage for esthetics but it would be nice not to need to face that issue again too.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-30 6:14 PM (#143843 - in reply to #143842)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Oldman47 - 2013-08-30 5:55 PM

It is great to hear that you are working on something. An item to be aware of is the impact of corrosion on a front fender. I suspect that is why the back half of the Vision fender is plastic. The HD I traded for my Vision had a bad corrosion problem right at the back edge of its stock steel fender. I used an HD accessory part to cover up the damage for esthetics but it would be nice not to need to face that issue again too.

Never heard that before. My last bike before The Visions was a 2003 RoadGlide, had 67,000 miles on it when I sold it. Been through a hundred rain storms and never had any problems with the steel fender. However if Witchdoctor wants to do something really trick, make a one piece steel fender AND offer one in aluminum for $80.00 more than the steel version. I'll buy one.............just brace it around the mounting holes please.......

And Yes, Thank You for listening.........
Spiderman
Posted 2013-08-30 9:12 PM (#143855 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
WitchDoctor is the man! I am very fortunate to live close by Jon and he agrees this is a serious issue and wants to develop an affordable and safe fender for the Visions. If only Victory had the same attitude!

Thanks Jon! I may actually keep the Vision afterall.....
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-30 9:17 PM (#143856 - in reply to #143855)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Spiderman - 2013-08-30 9:12 PM

WitchDoctor is the man! I am very fortunate to live close by Jon and he agrees this is a serious issue and wants to develop an affordable and safe fender for the Visions. If only Victory had the same attitude!

Ain't that the damn truth !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by XRsteve 2013-08-30 9:18 PM
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-30 9:30 PM (#143858 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
witchdoctor - 2013-08-30 4:54 PM

I have been following along about the Vision front fender problem started by Spiderman. Over the past few weeks I have received quite a few emails and phone calls about coming up with something. Customers have told me what they want and we are listening. Last night Spiderman contacted us and said he will be bringing his bike in to figure something out. Development of a new fender is now paramount on our list of new products. Spidermans dedication to solving this safety issue so no one gets hurt is second to none.

We will do our best to have something ready to go late Sept.

Excellent: Thank you............
kevinx
Posted 2013-08-30 9:38 PM (#143860 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Could always buy the one Kewlmetal already makes, and has made for a couple of years.....just saying
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-08-30 9:53 PM (#143861 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
checke dout Kewlmetal. I'm hoping Witchdoctor can come in under their $400 price point. Another alternative is using a cross country fender. One of the holes' spacing is very slightly different which is easy to make work from what I understand.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-08-30 10:34 PM (#143863 - in reply to #143860)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
kevinx - 2013-08-30 9:38 PM

Could always buy the one Kewlmetal already makes, and has made for a couple of years.....just saying

I'm already looking at that one. In fact I have a post showing the product, but nothing wrong with competition for our dollars as long as quality is equal.......
Spiderman
Posted 2013-09-01 2:18 PM (#143952 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
Dropped the Spidey Vision off at WitchDoctors this afternoon...Jon is wasting no time.

(Image.jpg)

(Image 2.jpg)

(Image 1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image.jpg (105KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments Image 2.jpg (110KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Image 1.jpg (97KB - 0 downloads)
Chef John
Posted 2013-09-01 4:05 PM (#143958 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Delray Beach, FL United States
I'm glad Jon is making an effort to make the bike safer and at the same time putting a financial hurting in Victory, maybe they will learn this way to stand behind their product better
XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-01 6:40 PM (#143963 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Spiderman : Damn that's fast, Many thanks to you and John. You for your taking action on this problem and John for stepping up so fast........

Nice wheels by the way.........

Edited by XRsteve 2013-09-01 6:41 PM
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-02 8:17 AM (#143989 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

My original thought on how to do it isn't going to work exactly as I planned. I now need to change it up just a wee bit but these new ideas will make the fender better than what I was originally thinking. I have started on getting things together as well as contacted another forum member to help me make a few pieces that I'm going to need. I'm still on schedule to have a proto type ready in the next few days.

Just a few things about building a new part from scratch. It has to be:
1-Affordable to the end user
2-Safe
3-Easy to install
4-High quality in both fit and finish
5-Appealing in looks
6-Add additional benefits over the original piece
7-Easy to manufacture- keeps manufacturing cost down- save the customer money
8-Easy to ship- keeps shipping cost down for the customer
9-Create a "How to" video so customers can see how to install- Again saves you money over paying a dealer
10-Available- Parts are no good if you can't get them.

So see, creating a new part from scratch in just a few days is EASY! lol
Oldman47
Posted 2013-09-02 9:02 AM (#143992 - in reply to #143838)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I recognize that there is nothing easy about any new design. I think we all appreciate your effort on this particular product design.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-02 9:53 AM (#143995 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Jon,

I am confident that the your solution will meet exceed the criteria you listed. I have been more than pleased with the cam and derby covers, Voodoo exhaust and the fluted black exhaust tips!

The fender purchase will be a no brainer
XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-02 11:05 AM (#144002 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Jon, one thought : Not trying to add to your work load, but if you make one fender to replace and be better than the stocker would it be too much to produce a second style. I always thought a one piece fender that has the front section ahead of the front forks extended downward maybe 2 to 3" like a land speed aero fender, I mean it would go with the rest of our Visions streamlining. Like I said just a thought. An Aero Vision front fender option.

Edited by XRsteve 2013-09-02 11:05 AM
nailer
Posted 2013-09-02 1:30 PM (#144013 - in reply to #144002)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Jon,
I would like some clarification on this fender project. Are you designing a new one piece front metal fender or a new reinforced plastic or fiberglass version of the defective rear section for the front fender? Some of us are looking for an inexpensive/safe front fender that we all thought we had purchased. A new metal fender plus paint would be 3x the amount of a sturdier plastic or fiberglass replacement.
Oldman47
Posted 2013-09-02 9:46 PM (#144042 - in reply to #143843)

Tourer

Central Illinois

XRsteve - 2013-08-30 6:14 PM Oldman47 - 2013-08-30 5:55 PM It is great to hear that you are working on something. An item to be aware of is the impact of corrosion on a front fender. I suspect that is why the back half of the Vision fender is plastic. The HD I traded for my Vision had a bad corrosion problem right at the back edge of its stock steel fender. I used an HD accessory part to cover up the damage for esthetics but it would be nice not to need to face that issue again too. Never heard that before. My last bike before The Visions was a 2003 RoadGlide, had 67,000 miles on it when I sold it. Been through a hundred rain storms and never had any problems with the steel fender. However if Witchdoctor wants to do something really trick, make a one piece steel fender AND offer one in aluminum for $80.00 more than the steel version. I'll buy one.............just brace it around the mounting holes please....... And Yes, Thank You for listening.........

I am sorry to have to break it to you XRSteve but my 2011 FLTRU had obvious damage at the trailing end of the front fender. I ended up using a Wiily G cover to hide the damage when I traded it for my Vision. I told the Vic dealer about it and gave him the cover parts to use. A bike that is 10 years old may not have the problem but one only 2 years old with a warranty about to expire did have that problem.

Edited by Oldman47 2013-09-02 9:48 PM
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-09-03 7:29 AM (#144053 - in reply to #144002)

Cruiser

XRsteve - 2013-09-02 12:05 PM

Jon, one thought : Not trying to add to your work load, but if you make one fender to replace and be better than the stocker would it be too much to produce a second style. I always thought a one piece fender that has the front section ahead of the front forks extended downward maybe 2 to 3" like a land speed aero fender, I mean it would go with the rest of our Visions streamlining. Like I said just a thought. An Aero Vision front fender option.

I will look at doing a second and maybe a third design but right now all efforts are on making the first one. Once that's done I will get some opinions on what you guys want different.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-09-03 9:37 AM (#144055 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Thanks Jon

Will the first fender be a single piece which forms the fender vs 2 sections?
Eric_MA
Posted 2013-09-03 1:35 PM (#144060 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Sturbridge, Ma
Hi Jon, And thanks for looking into it? I myself would be happy with a two piece! In other words if you can make soimething to replace the original back piece in the same style but in metal and Black thats good for me! I don't care for a whole new single piece! As far as I care I really can't see it anyway and all I would like to see is something to replace the stock that won't break>>>Just my two cents!
kjb
Posted 2013-09-03 2:17 PM (#144063 - in reply to #143838)

Puddle Jumper

Got conquest customs to make me a one piece alum wrap around fender when I added a 21 inch wheel . No offense to Witchdoctor but there are fender options out there already, hmd , conquest and kewl metal , they ain't cheap but crashing one with that plastic junk is going cost a lot more.
kjb
Posted 2013-09-03 2:17 PM (#144064 - in reply to #143838)

Puddle Jumper

Got conquest customs to make me a one piece alum wrap around fender when I added a 21 inch wheel . No offense to Witchdoctor but there are fender options out there already, hmd , conquest and kewl metal , they ain't cheap but crashing one with that plastic junk is going cost a lot more.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-03 2:20 PM (#144065 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I agree there are a few options now, but if Witchdoctors wants to join in I say excellent, the more choices we have the better..............
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™