You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

XRsteve
Posted 2013-09-28 7:17 PM (#146021 - in reply to #146020)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
opas ride - 2013-09-28 7:10 PM

Took care of my fender problems and am now riding a Honda F6B..Loved both my Vic's but have longed to return to the flat 6 motor...Good luck with the replacement fenders as Jon will find a good solution....Ride safe......

Tell us a little more about it.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-10-12 10:45 AM (#146558 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

So here it finally is!

I had made a proto type and mounted it on the bike on Wed but didn't quite like the fit. So knowing that Spiderman was coming Friday, I started from scratch again. I stayed up 36 hours and built a new mold and a new fender! Yes folks I built this in a day. lol Spiderman is testing it out for me and will give feedback soon. So far he has about 250 miles on it with no problems.

So here are the specs:

Everything the same size as the stock one
Fiberglass with reinforced around mounting points with Kevlar
Gel-coated finish
Direct bolt on- no drilling required
Works with factory fog lights
Available in primer or factory color finish
I will have an install video. So far it look like it can be done without removing the front wheel.
Cost $400-500 I will know exact when I start producing them
Hopefully available mid November but I have to see how production goes

(v1.jpg)

(v2.jpg)

(v3.jpg)

(v8.jpg)

(v4.jpg)

(v5.jpg)

(v6.jpg)

(v7.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments v1.jpg (34KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments v2.jpg (29KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments v3.jpg (35KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments v8.jpg (32KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments v4.jpg (72KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments v5.jpg (69KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments v6.jpg (79KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments v7.jpg (74KB - 4 downloads)
willtill
Posted 2013-10-12 1:41 PM (#146559 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Central Maryland
One piece! That 'sucka IS NOT going to fall off...! Sounds well built too!

Hope Ma Vic is watching this thread.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2013-10-12 3:46 PM (#146562 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Looks good, Jon. Will be following this thread re: cost, availability, etc
varyder
Posted 2013-10-12 4:48 PM (#146564 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It's mighty good work jon, might good work! I noticed the "step" that basically mimics the original two piece design. Was there any problem in not putting this step down in your design?

Edited by varyder 2013-10-12 4:48 PM
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-10-12 5:43 PM (#146566 - in reply to #143838)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Jon.,,quite a handsome piece and display of craftsmanship!!! Its great to see that is still strong Vision advocates like yourself creating new and innovative solutions for our Vision owner community.
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-10-13 9:26 AM (#146600 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Varyder- My goal was to mimic the stock fender as nearly as possible. The rear step 1- does this and 2- a lot of people told me they like the look of the rear section being black and the front painted to match their bike. The thing it also does is makes a great place to tape off when painting a two tone color. Whenever you can "break" the lines between colors it looks better. An example would be you wouldn't paint one color down the center of a door and another color right above it. If would look dumb. If you did the two colors on the edge or where a factory molding is it looks better. Its an extremely small detail thing but I tried to incorporate a bunch of things in the design.

The rear portion of the fender is narrowed up just a bit so that it is easier for you to install. With my design you DO NOT have to remove the front wheel. If it was left as wide as stock it wouldn't fit between the forks. In order for you to slide the factory fender on you would have to remove the front wheel. I cant see any other reason why Victory made it two piece. The two piece (as Victory has it) makes the fender easy to install maybe at the factory or during manufacturing.

Another thing that I didn't mention is I'm working on metal bushings that will go in the bolt holes of the fender. This way when you tighten up the bolts you will actually squish the bushing and not so much on the fiberglass. All really well made fiberglass parts incorporate this. It helps to relieve the possibility of creating stress cracks. Star bursts? Nope not with this. Ever see a fiberglass fender with little star bursts on them from stones and rocks hitting the underside and and breaking the paint? My fender incorporates a liner that stops this as well as giving it rigidity.

I have tried to incorporate just about everything into this fender. Its a combination of what you all asked for as well as making it strong, safe, reliable and somewhat easy to manufacture. The fact that you can buy it and install it out of the box yourself is just icing on the cake and another reason why Witchdoctors.com remains number 1.
willtill
Posted 2013-10-13 10:17 AM (#146601 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Huzzah for WitchDoctors !!!!
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-13 6:00 PM (#146614 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Excellent job brother................
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-10-13 6:49 PM (#146617 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Thank you.
varyder
Posted 2013-10-13 9:27 PM (#146623 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thanks, it is a work of art.
varyder
Posted 2013-10-13 9:27 PM (#146624 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thanks, it is a work of art.
Spiderman
Posted 2013-10-14 3:22 PM (#146675 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

Hudson, Ohio
Sorry for not posting earlier folks BUT, I was riding the twisties in SE Ohio this weekend with a bunch of other great people (most Victory or former Victory owners).

Anyway, my week last week was very unpredictable due to all the issues Jon had with this fender project. He spent a long time developing the mold, only to find out last Wednesday that the mold was flawed and the fender project was set back. I thought - oh well, I have my conquest bike (V3NIM) and I will just take that on the trip. This was Wednesday...so, I started to plan the trip (packing, etc) with V3NIM in mind. Friday evening, Jon calls me and says - "hey your Vision and the new fender will be ready at 9PM and if you like I will BRING IT TO YOU"! I was shocked - utterly shocked at this development. Jon lives and works iN Warren, OH - about 45 minutes to an hour from my house. I said thanks, but I will hop on V3NIM and drop it off and pick up the Vision. He said fine. I get there, the fender is done and drying under a heat lamp...it's warm to the touch and Jon starts installing it on the Vision.

No offense Jon but he looked like hell and I said - how long have you been here - he said "I have been working on this since Wednesday - non stop". I said when was the last time you slept - Jon said - Wednesday.

The bottom line, Jon said my Vision was going to be ready on Friday and come hell or high water he was going to get it ready. And, he did. By the way, he also installed, new 2" back bars, new Avon heated grips, painted the trunk top black, installed new shift linkage too!

OK - my review on the fender. It is top notch...excellent quality and will be even better when Jon adds the special made bushings where the fender bolts to the forks (overkill but does not add much in cost and adds additional piece of mind). The one piece design looks exactly like the OEM fender BUT it is one complete piece. The back part of the fender is slightly more narrow than the orginal OEM so it will slide easily through the forks. It took Jon all of 15 minutes to install it. I had zero issues with it on my approximate 500 miles that I put on it through the twisties this weekend. The only thing I noticed is the road debris makes a slightly different sound when hitting the fiberglas vs. the OEM plastic. This is exactly what I wanted and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to put this fender issue to rest - once and for all.

(photo 1.JPG)

(photo 2.JPG)

(photo 3.JPG)

(photo 4.JPG)

(photo 5.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo 1.JPG (135KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments photo 2.JPG (141KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments photo 3.JPG (117KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments photo 4.JPG (128KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments photo 5.JPG (142KB - 0 downloads)
varyder
Posted 2013-10-14 3:57 PM (#146676 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It looks lower so there wouldn't be a need for a flap, am I seeing that right?
DrDecay
Posted 2013-10-14 4:54 PM (#146679 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Apopka, FL
Do you paint it before shipping or is that up to us to paint?
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-10-17 6:07 PM (#146791 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

As I said in the earlier post it is the same size as stock with the exception of the rear being more narrow and it will come painted. I decided against longer because to many people said no because of speed bumps.
iluvink
Posted 2013-10-18 9:52 AM (#146816 - in reply to #143838)

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
Looks great, fantastic job! Now, so I can save my pennies...when are orders starting? How much? '08 in Super Steel Gray, if you would, please Sir...TRULY appreciate your craftsmanship.
witchdoctor
Posted 2013-10-19 9:07 AM (#146861 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Should be available mid-late Nov. thanks
jzrawlins
Posted 2014-02-24 2:19 PM (#151666 - in reply to #143838)

Puddle Jumper

Any updates on this?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-02-24 3:13 PM (#151668 - in reply to #143838)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
but... I dont see the option for the Laser guided Deer Slayer Missile attachment ? !!
Highwayman
Posted 2014-02-24 10:43 PM (#151686 - in reply to #143838)
Subject: RE: Witchdoctor.com Listens to YOU! Vision Replacement Fender Coming Soon!

Cruiser

Iowa
As others have said, thanks Jon for what you do for Vision riders. It looks great. Guess I better go look at my front fender for cracks.
wseemann
Posted 2014-02-25 1:54 PM (#151706 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

Boydsville, AR United States
I replaced mine on my 2008 last summer. Blamed the guys who installed a new front tire, because the forks locked up a couple of weeks later. It hasn't been over any curbs, speed bumps, or on a lift since. I just checked the fender, and it is starting to crack again. *(&^%#%$@#$%$!!!!!
I have never been so happy with a bike since this one, with the exception of the fender issue. When I go ta a bike shop, I don't want a new one, I want mine. But it is fun to look.
jzrawlins
Posted 2014-02-28 11:28 AM (#151808 - in reply to #143838)

Puddle Jumper

Can we buy these yet or is there still a hangup?
ridenfun
Posted 2014-03-26 12:53 AM (#153697 - in reply to #151808)

Cruiser

Calgary, AB,

jzrawlins - 2014-02-28 10:28 AM Can we buy these yet or is there still a hangup?

Any updates on availability yet\/

witchdoctor
Posted 2014-04-06 9:16 AM (#154021 - in reply to #143838)

Cruiser

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/2621/victory-motorcycle-parts-products...
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™