You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

stock vision exhaust modification
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bigd2013vv
Posted 2013-09-01 3:15 PM (#143956)
Subject: stock vision exhaust modification

Puddle Jumper

Hendersonville, NC
IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

ANY COMMENTS OR EXPERIENCE WOULD BE HELPFUL;

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or personal experience at this, I was thinking of taking my 2013 victory vision stock dual exhaust and making it into a 2 into 1 performance exhaust, my thinking would be to cut the left side loose and where it comes in off the right side at the cross over weld a small plate in then weld the cross over back on so it looks like factory exhaust but will be a 2 into 1 then I think its all about the back pressure might have to change baffles a few times maybe a couple different sizes to get it right, but that's just me thinking, should I or is it a waste of time.

THANKS and Happy ventureous trails to all
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2013-09-01 7:11 PM (#143967 - in reply to #143956)
Subject: RE: stock vision exhaust modification

Visionary

Jasper, MO
The stock exhaust system is already basically a 2 into 1 into 2 system. Not only that, but it works very well. It has been proven by Lloydz to flow good enough to support 116 inch built motors putting out 137 horsepower to the rear wheel, which is about 55-60 more than your stock motor.

You can make it louder, but you're going to have a hard time improving on its performance, and could actually lose performance. Then, you'll need to buy a PCV with autotune to try and fix the messed up torque curve you made with your exhaust system changes.

It's your money and your bike............

Ronnie
atvtinker
Posted 2013-09-01 10:12 PM (#143974 - in reply to #143956)
Subject: Re: stock vision exhaust modification

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
There are 2 separate catalyst honeycombs in the head pipes at the crossover. If you block off one side then you will only be flowing through one of them and it will not be enough through-put for the motor. You would have to remove honeycomb on the side that was still operational, but I highly doubt it would still flow enough volume for this motor.
rdbudd
Posted 2013-09-01 10:24 PM (#143975 - in reply to #143974)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Dennis, it has already been proven by a couple of highly respected Victory tuners, using their dynos, that removing those honeycombs will cost you low end torque and only gain you 1 or 2 HP , if anything, on the top end. Those cones are velocity devices and removing them will cost you low end and mid-range power.

You're barking up the wrong (performance) tree by messing with the exhaust system.

If you want a different sound than stock, then look to the various aftermarket slip-on mufflers. There are some good factory and aftermarket ones.

This whole "backpressure" thing that is commonly talked about is a myth. A well designed exhaust system is designed to maintain good exhaust VELOCITY over a range of operating RPM. It is a tuned system. The stock system does that.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2013-09-01 10:31 PM
bigd2013vv
Posted 2013-09-02 3:16 PM (#144020 - in reply to #143956)

Puddle Jumper

Hendersonville, NC
Ok thank you for in input everyone, did not realize these factory exhaust were already that great, a good friend of mine I was taking to don't no much about the victories but he climbed under mine today and said he wouldn't touch the exhaust it was already a 2 into 1 then crossed over back into 2 and with the info from all these fine folk here I have decided to leave them the way they are thanks for the help
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-02 7:37 PM (#144036 - in reply to #143956)

Visionary

Vision was the first to have the cross over exhaust. Then in 09 all harleys came that way. Cause it scavenges that good.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™