You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

reverse switch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Hippo
Posted 2013-09-01 7:07 PM (#143966)
Subject: reverse switch

Cruiser

Warren, Vermont
I think I have a failed reverse switch. I was having problems with this before when it did not seem to want to go out of reverse - but I'd jiggle the handle and eventually it would and then I could start. 

But now I cannot start the bike at all (unless I jump the leads at the solenoid). 

I have measured the Ohms at the switch connector on the left side - it is less than 1 ohm but it does not change whether the lever is in reverse or not. 

I can't figure out how to get at that switch without removing a lot of stuff - like the exhaust. 

So, two questions - 1) how do I get to that switch to remove and replace and 

2) is there any way to bypass it temporarily. 

Hippo
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wdwurker
Posted 2013-09-08 1:36 AM (#144190 - in reply to #143966)
Subject: RE: reverse switch

Cruiser

Can I assume that you did not install the reverse yourself?

When I installed mine, the installation of that part was really vague in the instructions, but I think it's supposed to be mounted to the ABS bracket which is located behind the little plastic door inside your left saddle bag.

Get back to me if you can't find it and I'll take a look at mine, I'm going by memory at the moment.

Good luck
RedRider
Posted 2013-09-09 4:23 AM (#144233 - in reply to #143966)
Subject: Re: reverse switch

Visionary

I found just slapping mine on the end of the lever fixes it. Last time mech adjusted something and it's lasted about 4 years so next time she goes in I will have them check it out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™