You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

? For Kevinx
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

paulhu
Posted 2013-09-04 3:55 PM (#144084)
Subject: ? For Kevinx

Cruiser

Durango, Colorado

Kevin, my 08 just began making a noise upon "keying on", Inplace of the cool high-tech humm of the fuel pump pressurizing the system is a hideous screeching noise about twice as loud as the afore mentioned "Normal" pump wind-up I had grown accustomed to. Bike still running fine and "keying off" sound is normal. I had just suffered a battery failure on the road (Riverton Wyo.) sucked to be me . Aftermarket battery(my fault), suffered complete loss of continuity. This sound began after replacement of the failed battery at the Vic shop in Casper Wyo. Great shop, great staff bty. Any input would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for the cams!

paulhu

Edited by paulhu 2013-09-04 3:57 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-04 7:19 PM (#144102 - in reply to #144084)
Subject: Re: ? For Kevinx

Visionary

I'm not Kevinx but if you turn the bike on and its not running there is only fuel pump to check. Most auto parts store will rent you a tool for free and you can check the pressure. I believe it should be 50psi. Less is bad. Bad news no one can rebuild the 08 pumps
JSP
Posted 2013-09-04 8:27 PM (#144106 - in reply to #144084)

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles
Here is the deal if you have an 08
One of us who has well over 100k on his 08 had to change the pump @ 45 k or so when it died.

I did mine @ just over 90k with the same sound. I did not trust it prior to taking a 3k trip. It would come and go but I took it as a warning of impending DOOM!

The new pump has a new part# and is slightly different in its float layout. Never the less it works.

BTW the pimp is fragile in it assembly and if you are a DIY's open the box and inspect it prior to install if you get it from a dealer.

1 week away from 100k

paulhu
Posted 2013-09-05 10:17 AM (#144120 - in reply to #144106)

Cruiser

Durango, Colorado

Thanks for the input brothers! I was leaning toward the pump as the source of the screech owl call. The bike now has just over 32,000mi, but I think the numerous power-ups and downs on the side of the road in attempt to start did it in. Actually succeeded in jumping once but only made it another 20mi. before total loss of power in the charging system. Charge light, Engine light both came on and she sputtered to a stop 3mi. west of Shoshoni Wyo. At least it was only 102deg. and 40mi. to our days destination of Thermopolis. Bike was towed there and found a terrific guy with independant bike shop willing to loan his trailer and pickup to get the bike to Casper. No, I didnt know it was only battery failure at that point but locating an adequate replacement in Thermopolis probably not likely anyhow. enough.....of....that! Is the pump replacement a reasonable task for a non-pro wrench with more tools than skills?

paulhu

kevinx
Posted 2013-09-05 4:48 PM (#144131 - in reply to #144084)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Sorry to be so late for the show, but it definitely sounds like the pump to me as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™