You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Heated seat switch shorted??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Allen_B
Posted 2013-09-04 4:52 PM (#144086)
Subject: Heated seat switch shorted??

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
Riding home today, noted that things were getting beyond toasty! Checked the seat heater switches and all was good. Cycled the switches and even killed the engine and re-fired to get the thing to reset...

Had a lot of rain yesterday and got soaked so I could think maybe it was from a water short, but no issues on the ride to work this morning so no idea what is going on.

Are there any reports (I haven't seen with a few searches) of the heated seats, specifically the switches shorting out?

/r

Allen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-04 7:10 PM (#144100 - in reply to #144086)
Subject: Re: Heated seat switch shorted??

Visionary

are seat are very hot. bet if you un plug it and ride in the same tep you'll find the seat is hot
key word ship shin
Allen_B
Posted 2013-09-04 7:19 PM (#144103 - in reply to #144100)

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
johnnyvision - 2013-09-04 8:10 PM

...bet if you un plug it and ride in the same tep you'll find the seat is hot...

That's what I thought initially but after riding for about 20 minutes, then cycling power there was a noticeable difference. I didn't actually stop- I killed the bike on the road, gave to 10 or so seconds as I coasted down-hill and refired the engine.

I will monitor it but something was messed up. The only thing that has really changed recently is we got a TON of rain yesterday so my only thought was some water worked its way into the switch if that is possible- grasping at straws...

/r

Allen
Cruisinon2
Posted 2013-09-13 10:31 PM (#144473 - in reply to #144103)

New user

Gilbert, AZ
Did you ever figure out the problem with the seat? I had the same thing happen to me this week on a trip. Went through 2 days of downpours and the seat just started cooking my ass. Ended up unplugging the connector under the seat to stop the problem. Haven't tried re-plugging the seat in to see if the problem still is there.

Jim
Gilbert, AZ
13 Vision Tour
Allen_B
Posted 2013-09-14 6:17 PM (#144495 - in reply to #144473)

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
Cruisinon2 - 2013-09-13 11:31 PM

Did you ever figure out the problem with the seat? I had the same thing happen to me this week on a trip. Went through 2 days of downpours and the seat just started cooking my ass. Ended up unplugging the connector under the seat to stop the problem. Haven't tried re-plugging the seat in to see if the problem still is there.

Jim
Gilbert, AZ
13 Vision Tour

No, but haven't been in any rain since and no recurrence of the problem.

Seems obvious to me that the switch or associated wiring shorted out but since I can't recreate the problem, I can't really complain to the dealership...

Will keep an eye on it but the purpose of my original post was to gage if my issue was isolated. Since you have a very similar issue with a '13 I'm thinking it is not isolated but I figure 2 data points won't pass the Polaris sniff test. Seems obvious but that doesn't seem to stop Polaris...

/r

Allen
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-14 6:45 PM (#144496 - in reply to #144086)

Visionary

Maybe if you have a air compressor try blowing some air around switch. Then maybe put some black silicon around it to prevent water from getting in.
Allen_B
Posted 2013-09-16 10:49 AM (#144543 - in reply to #144496)

Cruiser

Clinton, CT
Seems to have fully dried- no issues since. Adding some pliable black silicone is a pretty good idea, just a tad frustrating that it would even be needed.

Thanks again!

/r

Allen
Cruisinon2
Posted 2013-09-23 9:07 AM (#145827 - in reply to #144086)
Subject: RE: Heated seat switch shorted??

New user

Gilbert, AZ
The switch on my heated seat must of shorted out or something. The seat would not shut off. Had seat replaced under warranty.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™