You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

more on oil.. I know
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ksievers
Posted 2013-09-16 9:09 AM (#144540)
Subject: more on oil.. I know

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
I've read the oil posts too, here and elsewhere, and there has already been plenty said, but maybe this is useful as I am still new to my Victory Vision Tour...first impressions and all that:

rode about 1500 miles on the oil that was in there (Victory brand). I bought the bike used so could not be SURE how long the oil had been in there, and I was itchy to start tinkering with. So yesterday swapped out the oil.

Rotella T6. Forget-about-it. It is SMOOTHER. test ride on the hiway, on two laners, etc.. maybe it's just because it was fresh oil, but that engine is just like butter now. and shifting is fabulous. so there you go - KS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Boots
Posted 2013-09-16 9:42 AM (#144542 - in reply to #144540)
Subject: Re: more on oil.. I know

Tourer

New Mexico
Something to consider...

varyder - 2012-06-20 11:26 AM

Are we having fun yet? rdbudd, you make a fine point. I was using a full synthetic for most of my Vision life but have gone back to a semi-blend. The last full-syn oil I had in the bike was the Rotella T6 5w40. It seem to work very well up until around the 90,000 something mile mark and then I felt a faint clutch slippage. There may have been other mitigating circumstances, but I'm not wanting to put in a new clutch now. I decided to try a semi-blend 10w40 again and it seems to tighten things up and have changed it already once since using it. I'll use a semi-blend as recommended by Victory from here on out whether full synthetic is okay or not, but that is my preference.
okie vision
Posted 2013-09-16 12:35 PM (#144552 - in reply to #144540)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Many have posted on many forums their good experiences with Rotella T6
willtill
Posted 2013-09-16 4:53 PM (#144560 - in reply to #144540)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Rotella T6 caused my Rocket to eat it's cam lobes ( though the engine has been enhanced with the Silverback package) since they dropped the ZDDP in it.

I will not use T6 in anything anymore.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-09-16 6:37 PM (#144565 - in reply to #144540)
Subject: RE: more on oil.. I know

Visionary

ksievers - 2013-09-16 9:09 AM I've read the oil posts too, here and elsewhere, and there has already been plenty said, but maybe this is useful as I am still new to my Victory Vision Tour...first impressions and all that: rode about 1500 miles on the oil that was in there (Victory brand). I bought the bike used so could not be SURE how long the oil had been in there, and I was itchy to start tinkering with. So yesterday swapped out the oil. Rotella T6. Forget-about-it. It is SMOOTHER. test ride on the hiway, on two laners, etc.. maybe it's just because it was fresh oil, but that engine is just like butter now. and shifting is fabulous. so there you go - KS.

Do us and your self a favior. Go to all Vic forums and search. You'll find out that every body likes what they use and there is no one better then the other.

Do what your happy with don't do what others do be your own man

Edited by johnnyvision 2013-09-16 6:38 PM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-09-17 7:44 AM (#144588 - in reply to #144540)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
there is enough information on here and other forums to never need another oil post again.. nothing new, same info posted before.. just in a different way..
ksievers
Posted 2013-09-17 7:57 AM (#144590 - in reply to #144540)

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
pullleeeeze. I know. just commenting.
iluvink
Posted 2013-10-11 1:22 PM (#146521 - in reply to #144540)

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
I have been very happy with 3qts Brad Penn M/C oil 20w/50(dino) and 1.5qts Castrol Power RS V-Twin 20W/50(full syn)...my own personal semi-syn..highly recommended
Swaz
Posted 2013-10-11 2:38 PM (#146526 - in reply to #144565)

Puddle Jumper

Pittsburgh, PA
KS.

?

Do us and your self a favior. Go to all Vic forums and search. You'll find out that every body likes what they use and there is no one better then the other.

Do what your happy with don't do what others do be your own man

I use the old oil I get out of my cars and trucks for all my tractors, mowers and motorcycles. I strain it first with an old t-shirt to catch all the metal chunks. This is what I like and I am happy with it! The Harley s leaked so much oil I just stopped buying it and save money this way. Now the Vision is not leaking but I still hate to waste money.
willtill
Posted 2013-10-11 2:43 PM (#146527 - in reply to #146526)

Visionary

Central Maryland

I use the old oil I get out of my cars and trucks for all my tractors, mowers and motorcycles. I strain it first with an old t-shirt to catch all the metal chunks. This is what I like and I am happy with it! The Harley s leaked so much oil I just stopped buying it and save money this way. Now the Vision is not leaking but I still hate to waste money.

I do the same, but then I boil it for good measure.

Edited by willtill 2013-10-11 2:44 PM
Swaz
Posted 2013-10-11 2:54 PM (#146529 - in reply to #146527)

Puddle Jumper

Pittsburgh, PA
willtill - 2013-10-11 2:43 PM

I do the same, but then I boil it for good measure.

I have heard about the "Boiling your Oil" method. I have not tried it. I have found so many useful posts on this forum and everything seems so credible I will give that a shot in a couple of years when I change my oil again.

Thanks for the tip!

Jim
el spanky
Posted 2013-12-27 12:24 PM (#150020 - in reply to #144540)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I like oil post : Polaris Recommends the use of VICTORY brand Semi-Synthetic 20W-40 Motor Oil or equivalent motorcycle oil that is approved for use in wet clutch transmissions (such as those with a JASO MA rating). Taking from their motorcycle manual. Hmm T shirt straining?? Gotta try it!!! LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™