You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Loss of rear brakes on 08 Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

brucehaslam
Posted 2013-10-27 3:14 PM (#147199)
Subject: Loss of rear brakes on 08 Vision

Puddle Jumper

Mesa, AZ United States
Over a year ago I posted a fix to the loss of rear brakes on an 08 Vision. Well, it happened to me again this weekend. Bike has been sitting for quite a bit this summer. ( I live in hell aka Phoenix). Weather nice now, took the bike down the street and no rear brakes. Pedal hits the bottom. However, front brakes work fine and I could pump the rear brake pedal and after about three pumps I have some rear brakes. Took the bike out anyway and rode for several hours and made it home. (Admittedly not the best decision I have ever made in my life!) I started looking back on posts to similar problems and found my old post as to what I did to fix it (couldn't remember what I had done). To make an already too long explanation shorter, I bled the right front caliper. In my previous post I said there were three bleed ports. I was mistaken. There are three ports, only one of which is a bleeder port. The center one is the bleeder. The reservoir is behind the front wheel and really inconvenient to get to but can be serviced with DOT 4 fluid. I would recommend putting a rag around the base of the reservoir for spillage purposes. The wrench for the bleed port is an 8 mm. I found a significant amount of air in the system and it took probably 12 or so pumps to get it all out. Brake pedal now has good pressure on it. Still have to take the bike for a spin but the fix apparently worked, again. It is kind of counter intuitive to bleed a front caliper to fix a rear brake but it is what it is. Not a permanent fix but a fix nonetheless. Polaris boys need to figure out a permanent fix before someone buys the farm. Sorry for being so verbose but thought someone else may be having the same problem
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2013-10-27 4:07 PM (#147202 - in reply to #147199)
Subject: Re: Loss of rear brakes on 08 Vision

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I can't but help to think there is a simple fix to a complex problem. Sadly, six years later I've still not changed my brake fluid, but I should do it soon. I think those who have a loss of pressure may have a defective caliper or master cylinder.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-10-27 6:33 PM (#147208 - in reply to #147199)

Visionary

when I lost mine I just bleed the right front center bleeder. Never had the problem again.
The fix it to buy a new rear line. In 09 vision got a new line. From what I have seen that have not changed it since.

Break fluid is only good for 4 to 5 years.

varyder
Posted 2013-10-27 8:37 PM (#147216 - in reply to #147208)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thanks, JV, my fluid is 6 years old. Tomorrow my be the day it fails me and I streamer in.
ghostssx
Posted 2013-10-27 10:19 PM (#147223 - in reply to #147199)

Cruiser

Bluff Park, Alabama - God's Country! 2011 PW VV
The brake fluid in my Jeep is 17 years old....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™