You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2 wire connector under rear console cover
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

luterdan
Posted 2013-10-29 1:35 PM (#148296)
Subject: 2 wire connector under rear console cover

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
Hi

I was wondering what the 2 wire connector under the rear console cover is for (the "Y" shaped cover that needs to be removed to remove the seat)? Could that be used for heated gear? i have to admit, i haven't done much digging, i figured i would ask the group. If not, is there another easy place to connect heated gear, or is the best a homerun to the battery with an inline fuse.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2013-10-29 5:38 PM (#148300 - in reply to #148296)
Subject: RE: 2 wire connector under rear console cover

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Is it a grey or white connector with the terminals in an "L" pattern? That is what is on my 2008 Vision. On my 2008 model, it is for the optional power outlet that can be installed in the console. It is wired in parallel with the power outlet in the glove box, and is fused at 15 amps. I did use it for power for my heated gear, by putting lug terminals on the wires for the controller and just plugging them into the connector. It is switched with the key.

On my 2008, there is another one behind the passenger's backrest pad. That one is wired in parallel with the power outlet in the trunk, and is also fused at 15 amps. I used that source for the power for the passenger's heated gear. It is live all the time.

Ronnie
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-10-29 7:21 PM (#148303 - in reply to #148296)
Subject: Re: 2 wire connector under rear console cover

Visionary

if there smal conectors there for ipod
Look for gray conector two prong. One will have a black dot and most the time thats power.
Where ever you plug in make sure the fuse is the right size for what your adding.
if none of this helps post a photo
Turk
Posted 2013-10-30 7:19 AM (#148317 - in reply to #148303)
Subject: Re: 2 wire connector under rear console cover

Iron Butt

As Ronnie said, it is intended for use with the optional Powerlet outlet for heated gear. It can be used for anything that requires switched power though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™