You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

My Complaints about the Vision....
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2013-11-18 11:16 AM (#148955)
Subject: My Complaints about the Vision....

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2013-11-18 11:20 AM (#148956 - in reply to #148955)
Subject: Re: My Complaints about the Vision....

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
There's TOO MANY of them out there. Should be just ONE - mine ...

Double Vision
Posted 2013-11-18 11:39 AM (#148958 - in reply to #148955)
Subject: RE: My Complaints about the Vision....

Cruiser

I wish the saddle bags were somewhat bigger and more user friendly.
Afer riding the Indian 111, I may need to get cams done on the Vision.
Other than that, the Vision is a great machine!
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-11-18 12:03 PM (#148962 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
There are a few things I think could be improved but I wouldn't extend my loan for another couple years just for the few minor improvements.
lstayner
Posted 2013-11-18 1:48 PM (#148963 - in reply to #148955)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
It sits in the garage or parking lot at work way to much. 50K in 2 years is pathetic for the Vision.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-11-18 6:03 PM (#148972 - in reply to #148958)

Visionary

Double Vision - 2013-11-18 11:39 AM I wish the saddle bags were somewhat bigger and more user friendly. Afer riding the Indian 111, I may need to get cams done on the Vision. Other than that, the Vision is a great machine!

maybe there is

(554698_548828025191995_168615402_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 554698_548828025191995_168615402_n.jpg (75KB - 12 downloads)
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2013-11-18 6:32 PM (#148975 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
Clunky transmission shifting. Love the way the rest of the bike rides though.
varyder
Posted 2013-11-18 7:48 PM (#148976 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Goodnight! ! Say it isn't so JV. I feel like I was just kicked in the stomach.
varyder
Posted 2013-11-18 7:48 PM (#148977 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Goodnight! ! Say it isn't so JV. I feel like I was just kicked in the stomach.
Monkeyman
Posted 2013-11-18 8:21 PM (#148980 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
JV --- The front top edge of those are going to dig into your legs or butt.
rwilly
Posted 2013-11-18 8:32 PM (#148981 - in reply to #148955)

Tourer

seattle, wa
JohnnyVision, I need to see more of that!!
varyder
Posted 2013-11-19 6:51 PM (#149001 - in reply to #148955)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm scared of that JV. I figure out if that came from the movie The Fly, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I figure when it's done though, you'll be screaming, "It's alive!! It's aliiiiivvvvvvvvvveee!!" Woowee...
JustBob
Posted 2013-11-22 6:12 PM (#149087 - in reply to #148955)

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States
My only complaint is that my workin time is cuttin in to my ridin time.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-07 10:15 PM (#149450 - in reply to #148955)

Glendale, AZ United States
I'm coming from a BMW LT. I couldn't afford the GTL so here I am, hahaha. The Vision was marketed as being a "futuristic bike and ahead of it's time" by Victory, but there is nothing on the bike besides the dress that hasn't been done before. Coming from BMW more emphasis needs to be placed on the fit and finish and a belt drive? What is that all about. Really? Futuristic my ars. The bike screams for a shaft drive, fit and finish and then I would be happy. Anybody out in AZ that is up for some riding in this chilly, but nice weather lemme know. I will be happy to tag along.
healeyblue
Posted 2013-12-07 11:57 PM (#149457 - in reply to #149450)

Puddle Jumper

Denver, CO
Vladezip... having experienced the driveshaft problems associated with some of the Light Trucks, I wonder why on earth would you think a shaft drive is needed on the Vision?
Rollin'
Posted 2013-12-08 9:32 AM (#149459 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

, WI

Grrrrrrrr

It is so hard to keep a black bike clean! I should have bought a brown Vision.

Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-08 2:20 PM (#149467 - in reply to #149457)

I don't think it is a fair comparison to compare a drive shaft on a pickup truck and a motorcycle. Instead of a shaft drive on a pickup you would prefer a belt/chain drive instead? Drive shafts have been utilized in all motorized vehicles for the better part of one hundred years. I think we are discussing apples and oranges in my opinion. The Japanese and BMW have incorporated a shaft drive system on their "heavy weight" cruisers/tourers in addition to most of the sport tourers for at least a decade.

As far as I am concerned to each his own, but I had two bikes in the past with a shaft drive setup and I am sold. You get immediate throttle response on a shaft drive and it is virtually maintenance free with just an occasional gear oil change every 30K or so. If we follow the owners manual to the tee, the belt drive needs to be changed on the Vision every 35K miles or so not to mention checking "belt play", which does change based on whether it is hot/cold outside, including a belt inspection with every oil change, which I like to do. I haven't priced a belt change on the Vision, but I am sure it will be more expensive then just draining out the gear oil and replacing it. It sort of threw me for a loop in the sense we have an aggressive futuristic-styled motorcycle with a belt drive that is a throwback to what HD is doing. Let's face it, we all know HD is not on the cutting edge of development and engineering, which is not the appeal of a typical HD rider in the first place. Peace.
Oldman47
Posted 2013-12-08 2:40 PM (#149471 - in reply to #148955)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I loved my shafty 2007 Yamaha, 1981 Honda and 1965 BMW. I still own the Honda and the beemer. A shaft drive on a reasonably ridden bike is far more worry free than a belt or a chain. Chains are for bicycles and underpowered small bikes because they transfer power with almost no losses but they require frequent minor maintenance. A chain will stretch badly if you use it heavily so it is frequent adjustments and lubrication every 1000 miles or so. A belt needs replacement about as often as a shaft needs an oil change. Which do you prefer? I would love to see a shaft on a Vision but my belt ought to be good for another year or two while I wait for that design upgrade.
Rollin'
Posted 2013-12-08 3:28 PM (#149475 - in reply to #149467)

Iron Butt

, WI

Vladezip - 2013-12-08 2:20 PM I don't think it is a fair comparison to compare a drive shaft on a pickup truck and a motorcycle. Instead of a shaft drive on a pickup you would prefer a belt/chain drive instead? Drive shafts have been utilized in all motorized vehicles for the better part of one hundred years. I think we are discussing apples and oranges in my opinion. The Japanese and BMW have incorporated a shaft drive system on their "heavy weight" cruisers/tourers in addition to most of the sport tourers for at least a decade. As far as I am concerned to each his own, but I had two bikes in the past with a shaft drive setup and I am sold. You get immediate throttle response on a shaft drive and it is virtually maintenance free with just an occasional gear oil change every 30K or so. If we follow the owners manual to the tee, the belt drive needs to be changed on the Vision every 35K miles or so not to mention checking "belt play", which does change based on whether it is hot/cold outside, including a belt inspection with every oil change, which I like to do. I haven't priced a belt change on the Vision, but I am sure it will be more expensive then just draining out the gear oil and replacing it. It sort of threw me for a loop in the sense we have an aggressive futuristic-styled motorcycle with a belt drive that is a throwback to what HD is doing. Let's face it, we all know HD is not on the cutting edge of development and engineering, which is not the appeal of a typical HD rider in the first place. Peace.

You didn't know the Vision had a belt when you bought it?

johnnyvision
Posted 2013-12-08 5:47 PM (#149476 - in reply to #149467)

Visionary

Vladezip - 2013-12-08 2:20 PM I don't think it is a fair comparison to compare a drive shaft on a pickup truck and a motorcycle. Instead of a shaft drive on a pickup you would prefer a belt/chain drive instead? Drive shafts have been utilized in all motorized vehicles for the better part of one hundred years. I think we are discussing apples and oranges in my opinion. The Japanese and BMW have incorporated a shaft drive system on their "heavy weight" cruisers/tourers in addition to most of the sport tourers for at least a decade. As far as I am concerned to each his own, but I had two bikes in the past with a shaft drive setup and I am sold. You get immediate throttle response on a shaft drive and it is virtually maintenance free with just an occasional gear oil change every 30K or so. If we follow the owners manual to the tee, the belt drive needs to be changed on the Vision every 35K miles or so not to mention checking "belt play", which does change based on whether it is hot/cold outside, including a belt inspection with every oil change, which I like to do. I haven't priced a belt change on the Vision, but I am sure it will be more expensive then just draining out the gear oil and replacing it. It sort of threw me for a loop in the sense we have an aggressive futuristic-styled motorcycle with a belt drive that is a throwback to what HD is doing. Let's face it, we all know HD is not on the cutting edge of development and engineering, which is not the appeal of a typical HD rider in the first place. Peace.

sold my 99 road glide with 130 thousand on it and yes orignal belt. Belts are oly as good as the one that takes care of them

johnnyvision
Posted 2013-12-08 5:48 PM (#149477 - in reply to #148958)

Visionary

Double Vision - 2013-11-18 11:39 AM I wish the saddle bags were somewhat bigger and more user friendly. Afer riding the Indian 111, I may need to get cams done on the Vision. Other than that, the Vision is a great machine!

Indian has 76 horse couldn't keep up with a vision if it was going down hill

Street Eagle
Posted 2013-12-08 8:56 PM (#149484 - in reply to #148955)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
If you're looking for instant throttle response, the Vision can snap your head back by doing some perf upgrades...cams, adjustable air intake, upper filter, perf filter, timing gear, PCV, exhaust, dyno tuning and 1/4 throttle
firemedic2143
Posted 2013-12-08 9:25 PM (#149486 - in reply to #148955)

Puddle Jumper

Fort Myers, FL United States
I would like to have the engine and tranny be quieter so you could hear the Exhaust better, there is a lot of engine rattle and noise. I don't mean problematic "I got engine trouble" noise I mean the stock factory sound of the engine, you can also hear it in that thrush mod video when the gentleman is riding the bike up and down his street but when he pulls into the driveway the familiar engine sound is there, not pleasant at all.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-09 9:43 PM (#149520 - in reply to #149484)

Street Eagle - 2013-12-08 7:56 PM

If you're looking for instant throttle response, the Vision can snap your head back by doing some perf upgrades...cams, adjustable air intake, upper filter, perf filter, timing gear, PCV, exhaust, dyno tuning and 1/4 throttle

Certainly to each his own, but I never understood why folks roll with expensive engine performance mods on the baggers/tourers. Speaking for myself, I know what I got with the Vision, which is a long-distance pack camel that does a fabulous job on those high mileage days. For me, it will always be a pack camel due to the sheer size/weight of the bike to boot. I'm sure a substantial amount of money went into the 106 engineering and development and I wouldn't want to jinx that by having a breakdown in the middle of nowhere for some added performance since the bulk of my riding is long-distance touring.

I don't think those performance upgrades will give you much of an advantage in the twisties when rolling with the sport tourer folks and I too come from a sports touring background. Rolling flat out on the straight away just isn't where it's at for me personally anymore. I just have to laugh out loud when I plant that Vision bohemuth in a curve and she will slice through it like butter each time and every time. I have yet to ride a heavy weight Vtwin tourer that handles as well in the twisties as the Vision. I don't plan on doing a Laguna Seca track day with the Vision any time soon. Cheers, Vlad.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-09 9:47 PM (#149521 - in reply to #149476)

johnnyvision - 2013-12-08 4:47 PM

sold my 99 road glide with 130 thousand on it and yes orignal belt. Belts are oly as good as the one that takes care of them

I think it just boils to the luck of the draw since beside adjusting the tension on a very rare occasion and with a tire change, there is no other care required required or recommended. Someone mentioned using an old tooth brush to clean in between the grooves periodically, which I will try.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™