You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

1st Time I had a Serious Death like Front End Wobble, Please Chime in!!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

turbobuick
Posted 2013-12-11 7:28 PM (#149578 - in reply to #149543)
Subject: Re: 1st Time I had a Serious Death like Front End Wobble, Please Chime in!!!

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
Found nothing, took it to the dealer & tech drove it & he says its fine

Hasn't done it again

I asked if they could check & re-grease/re-torque head bearings & they said its a 4-5 hr job due to having to take the forks out (approx $300)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
turbobuick
Posted 2013-12-11 7:32 PM (#149579 - in reply to #149390)
Subject: Re: 1st Time I had a Serious Death like Front End Wobble, Please Chime in!!!

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
varyder - 2013-12-06 8:41 AM

check all the other things you wish, I would check the head bearing first, unless you want to go through the pain and expence of having it replaced instead of slapping a little lube on it.

If I took it to dealer to do the above mention, how much shop time you think it should take?

I already asked for a quote I asked if they could check & re-grease head bearings & they said its a 4-5 hr job due to having to take the forks out (approx $300)
if thats the case I might as well have them change fork oil while they're at it (had it done 20k ago but don't like how it dives when front brakes are applied)

Any thoughts?
FRED
baadawg
Posted 2013-12-11 9:44 PM (#149583 - in reply to #149264)

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Happened to a friend of mine on an HD after a tire change. Apparently he wasn't notified of their tool giveaway promo. A small tool was found inside the front wheel where the bearings are. the mechanic said he never could get it to balance properly. No wonder.
varyder
Posted 2013-12-12 4:03 AM (#149586 - in reply to #149579)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

turbobuick - 2013-12-11 8:32 PM varyder - 2013-12-06 8:41 AM check all the other things you wish, I would check the head bearing first, unless you want to go through the pain and expence of having it replaced instead of slapping a little lube on it. If I took it to dealer to do the above mention, how much shop time you think it should take? I already asked for a quote I asked if they could check & re-grease head bearings & they said its a 4-5 hr job due to having to take the forks out (approx $300) if thats the case I might as well have them change fork oil while they're at it (had it done 20k ago but don't like how it dives when front brakes are applied) Any thoughts? FRED

Knowing rates and the amount of work,  that's about right. If you're inclined and have the manual, you could do it yourself.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™