You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Recommended Fork Oil for Vision that dives when front brakes are applied
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

turbobuick
Posted 2013-12-13 7:41 AM (#149634)
Subject: Recommended Fork Oil for Vision that dives when front brakes are applied

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
I have a 2008 Vision and @ approx 20k miles I had fork oil replaced (no leaks) it was alittle lite on oil, now I'm @ approx 40k miles, I've never been happy how the front end absorbs the bumps and the front end dives when I apply the front brakes alittle aggressive (not over aggressive). Is this a problem w/2008 models or do I need a heavier oil or diffent spring. There's been times I felt I bottom out the Forks
FRED
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kevinx
Posted 2013-12-13 8:49 AM (#149636 - in reply to #149634)
Subject: Re: Recommended Fork Oil for Vision that dives when front brakes are applied

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
you can get a complete set up from Traxxion Dynamics, and it will vastly improve pretty much the entire experience. For firming up the front end on a budget. I recommend raising the fluid level in the fork by 10mm; instead of raising the weight of the oil. Raising the level reduces the compressible volume, and works like an increased spring rate. Raising the weight slows the oils passage through the cartridge, and makes for a more jarring ride
efd158
Posted 2013-12-13 9:47 AM (#149638 - in reply to #149634)
Subject: Re: Recommended Fork Oil for Vision that dives when front brakes are applied

Cruiser

Westchester Co., NY
I will have to try that myself as I don't have the money for the Traxxion setup. Maybe when the kids are out of college. Thanks.
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-12-13 6:08 PM (#149647 - in reply to #149634)

Visionary

how much dive do you have? Keep in mind when the wheel dives its cause your applying the breaks and the tire is bitting into the pavment and thats how you stop. The less the dive the more your tire will skid
sonicbluerider
Posted 2013-12-13 6:54 PM (#149651 - in reply to #149634)

Tourer

, IA
My has had a higher weight from almost 60000 miles and I love it. U get a much better feel of the road imo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™