You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

LED brake light install- lights stay on
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Booker
Posted 2013-12-15 9:27 PM (#149702)
Subject: LED brake light install- lights stay on

New user

Oakland, CA United States
Hello Forum,
I'm doing the Stingerz99 LED brake light install that's very popular for vision riders. Reading all the posts on this mod, all seems to be very simple.
The LED install went great, using Positaps for connection to the wiring, also very simple. I found the white/ pink and black wires to tab into. However, when I tap into these wires, the LED strip lights up and stays on without the key turned on and no brake applied.
I though I may have had the wrong wire, so I look into the other bundle of wires also coming out of the main connector. There's also a white/ pink and black wire in there. I try that one with the handy Positaps, and the same thing happens. The LED lights light up, the key isn't turned on, and the brake is not applied.
I've search all forum and all over the web. I've not found anyone else that has had this issue.

Is the 2012 vision wiring scheme different from the earlier models? If anyone could let me know what I've done wrong, or what the correct wire to use is, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks follow victory riders!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Booker
Posted 2013-12-15 11:09 PM (#149704 - in reply to #149702)
Subject: Re: LED brake light install- lights stay on

New user

This post can be disregarded, I figure out my issue. I was totally using the wrong bundle of wires. My harm, just wasted a few sets of positaps. At least I know where all the hot wires are under the seat, for future mods. And they're tapped and ready to go.
Very easy mod, as long as you get the right bundle of wires. Looks great all lit up!
Thanks SongFan!
Nozzledog
Posted 2013-12-15 11:11 PM (#149705 - in reply to #149702)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Glad you figured it out.

Edited by Nozzledog 2013-12-15 11:13 PM
Booker
Posted 2013-12-15 11:36 PM (#149706 - in reply to #149705)

New user

yep, thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™