You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Polaris Announces Partnership with Ariens
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2013-12-20 2:59 PM (#149855)
Subject: Polaris Announces Partnership with Ariens

Fountain Inn, SC United States
"Alliance will offer both companies new strategic opportunities to grow in adjacent markets MINNEAPOLIS, MN (December 18, 2013) - Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced a strategic partnership with Ariens Company, a Brillion, Wis.-based manufacturer of outdoor power equipment. Ariens is a family-owned manufacturer of snow blowers, lawnmowers and other outdoor power equipment. In the 80 years since its founding, Ariens has driven exceptional growth across its product..."
Read More

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2013-12-22 11:33 AM (#149895 - in reply to #149855)
Subject: Re: Polaris Announces Partnership with Ariens

Visionary

Two quality companies working together has to be good for the customers.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-12-22 4:33 PM (#149903 - in reply to #149855)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I don't know anything about Ariens, but I hope it makes money for Ma P...............
Oldman47
Posted 2013-12-22 4:59 PM (#149905 - in reply to #149855)

Tourer

Central Illinois
The interesting thing to me was that the market completely ignored the announcement. Either the market is completely wrong, which happens, or this is a no big deal partnership in terms of Polaris' value to its shareholders. They either do not see or place little value on the synergies.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-12-22 7:29 PM (#149908 - in reply to #149855)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I'm curious what the business driver is for this partnership. They are in 2 different markets, sales demographics and customer base don't align and its not apparent from the outside if there is any intellectual property that may be of value between Polaris and Ariens. If I were to speculate they may be looking at joint ventures focused on recreational vehicles and seasonal consumer products.
Howieshotrods
Posted 2013-12-24 12:32 PM (#149958 - in reply to #149855)

Puddle Jumper

I see the potential for ATV mounted plows, snow blowers, and lawn mowers. They could make simple attachment points with quick (or at least somewhat quick/ easy) so that your weekend toy can become a weekday warrior for lawn care and snow removal. I lived in Colorado for years, at the car dealer I worked at we had a plow truck and an ATV with a plow. It was a lot more fun shoveling the large side walks with an ATV than it was by hand, and soooo much easier.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™