You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wide Foot Motorcycle Boots Assistance Please
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-27 1:24 AM (#150008)
Subject: Wide Foot Motorcycle Boots Assistance Please

Glendale, AZ United States
I am sure I'm not the only one out there with large feet that are wide to "boot" (No pun intended). For close to a decade I have worn the Doc Marten "Rigger" boots when I go out riding, which have served me well.

My Christmas present from the wife was supposed to be a pair of gore-tex motorcycle specific boots that I was going to pick out, but I found myself to be up the creek without a paddle after making my rounds to local motorcycle gear stores and dealing with the usual Holiday "bull", which I wasn't happy about either since I came home empty-handed. Are there no folks over seas that ride and have a size 13.5 shoe that is wide? I couldn't believe it and felt like such a freaking PIG compared to the Euro-trash supermodel types over seas as far as motorcycle boot sizing is concerned.

Does anybody out there have any suggestions with regard to motorcycle-specific Gore-Tex boots that are a little wider then the rest? I really like the Alpinestars touring boots, but it was snug for sure. I heard mink oil may loosen them up some, but not sure if that really works. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Vlad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
luterdan
Posted 2013-12-27 7:29 AM (#150012 - in reply to #150008)
Subject: Re: Wide Foot Motorcycle Boots Assistance Please

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
Check out RedWing boots http://www.redwingshoes.com/motorcycle-boots May not be fashionable, but they have big and wide sizes. I run into the same problem with clothing, i am 6ft 6 and weigh 300+ so even 2x or 2xt gear doesn't fit, so i sometimes have to get creative.
lstayner
Posted 2013-12-27 9:31 AM (#150014 - in reply to #150008)
Subject: RE: Wide Foot Motorcycle Boots Assistance Please

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Mink oil doesn't do much other than protect the leather. When my son was playing baseball and he needed a new glove, we used a spray on glove softener. You put the glove in the oven for a few minutes and then sprayed the stuff on. It softened the glove in no time.

I also have a wider foot. I usually buy about a 1/2 to a full size larger shoe and they seem to work for me. My last set of boots I bought were LaCrosse Wellington boots. They aren't motorcycle specific with the protection you would get in the Alpine Star brand.
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-27 10:45 AM (#150015 - in reply to #150014)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I've worn these for years, the same pair.

(Western Chief Leather Boots.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Western Chief Leather Boots.jpg (79KB - 4 downloads)
crw
Posted 2013-12-27 11:05 AM (#150017 - in reply to #150008)

Puddle Jumper

Griswold, CT
I also have wide feet.
I also have a high instep,
I have to cut the harness of to get them on.
I get milwaukee classic from

jafrum.com

they have other type also

I see that they have up to 13eee

worth a try
Wharf_rat
Posted 2013-12-27 2:36 PM (#150022 - in reply to #150017)

Cruiser

Republic of Texas
crw - 2013-12-27 11:05 AM

I also have wide feet.
I also have a high instep,
I have to cut the harness of to get them on.

Same for me.
I usually wear Red Wing$.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2013-12-27 6:05 PM (#150027 - in reply to #150008)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I have the usual problem of long and wide- 15EE. The most comfortable bike boots I've ever worn is the Bates boots I now have. Side zipper allows easy on/off.
Lotzafun
Posted 2013-12-27 8:00 PM (#150028 - in reply to #150008)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
A cop bud of mine turned me on to these boots about 15 years ago and I absolutely love them...... http://us.magnumboots.com/

I wear a 15 EEE

Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-28 1:32 AM (#150033 - in reply to #150008)

Thanks so much everybody for all of your suggestions. By the looks of the feedback it appears the motorcycle-specific gore-tex boots are out of the question by way of sizing. It's a shame because I really liked the Alpinestars, but what are you gonna do. I know RevZilla has a no questions asked return policy, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route either. Cheers, Vlad.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-28 1:34 AM (#150034 - in reply to #150012)

luterdan - 2013-12-27 6:29 AM

Check out RedWing boots http://www.redwingshoes.com/motorcycle-boots May not be fashionable, but they have big and wide sizes. I run into the same problem with clothing, i am 6ft 6 and weigh 300+ so even 2x or 2xt gear doesn't fit, so i sometimes have to get creative.

I completely agree with you. I gave up making a fashion statement in high school, but want something that works and works well. Vlad.
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-28 1:36 AM (#150035 - in reply to #150027)

CoolHandLuke - 2013-12-27 5:05 PM

I have the usual problem of long and wide- 15EE. The most comfortable bike boots I've ever worn is the Bates boots I now have. Side zipper allows easy on/off.

And how many hard boiled eggs can you eat in one sitting? Couldn't resist. Vlad.
jimtom
Posted 2013-12-28 4:25 AM (#150037 - in reply to #150035)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Vladezip - 2013-12-28 12:36 AM

CoolHandLuke - 2013-12-27 5:05 PM

And how many hard boiled eggs can you eat in one sitting? Couldn't resist. Vlad.

classic
Oldman47
Posted 2013-12-28 6:20 AM (#150039 - in reply to #150008)

Tourer

Central Illinois

If you have an extreme foot size, go ahead and try Revzilla. I wear a wide 13, 13E where they use width letters rather than wide, extra wide, etc. I went to my local Tangers Outlet mall and found a boot shop that carried lots of boots. I ended up with a pair of HD branded boots that fit well and were easy to don and remove but I don't remember them carrying anything as big as a size 15.

RedRider
Posted 2013-12-28 1:44 PM (#150043 - in reply to #150008)

Visionary

Not about size of boot but easy on/off with zippers. Back before the dinosaurs, I bought zippers that laced in the combat boots the Air Force issued in '71. Don't know if they still make them. I can still remember wearing to bed when I went to heavy equipment school at Ft Belvoir cause the Army dogs wanted to steal them. Of course when I didn't have to spit shine them it didn't help matters. Now I have to see if I can find them. So....

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/12884/Dann...

Edited by RedRider 2013-12-28 1:45 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-12-28 6:49 PM (#150055 - in reply to #150008)

Visionary

can't belive you didn't go to the net and type in size 13 motorcycle boots. There is all kinds of them out there
Vladezip
Posted 2013-12-30 1:26 AM (#150098 - in reply to #150055)

johnnyvision - 2013-12-28 5:49 PM

can't belive you didn't go to the net and type in size 13 motorcycle boots. There is all kinds of them out there

Certainly there are plenty of size 13.5 wide heavy duty combat/construction/military/police issue boots as mentioned previously in this post that many riders wear, including myself up to this point. I have never owned motorcycle-specific boots and was hoping to buy a pair as a present from my wife over the Holidays, but came up short due to all the motorcycle-specific boots I tried not being wide at all to accommodate my foot. I wanted a gore-tex all weather touring boot and the alpinestars appealed to me. but to say they were snug in the width department would have been an understatement. I would also prefer a zipper as opposed to traditional lace up boots.

I was looking for feedback from riders that have the same issue with wide feet and could recommend a particular motorcycle-specific brand they could recommend as being wider then the rest since I would be buying over the internet after spending all day going trying on boots that didn't fit. RevZilla has these listed for 160 bucks, which I think is solid. They may be too warm in the summer

(alpinestars touring.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments alpinestars touring.jpg (4KB - 1 downloads)
Mr Potato Head
Posted 2014-01-24 6:06 PM (#150745 - in reply to #150008)

New user

I guess I am on the outer limit- I wear 16EEEE shoes/boots. Actually a 15.5 but no one makes half sizes after 14 or so. I had size 14 feet when I was 14.I have never found armored motorcycle boots with ankle protection etc. A few years ago I had WESCO build me some classic motorcycle boots- about $350 then, about $550 now. Very good stuff but not waterproof.
The Dan Post Boot Co - of China- makes a waterproof wellington in my size for a mere $100 or so. They had a cowboy heel and I paid the local shoemaker guy $40 to put on a lower, wider heel. Now I got waterproof, but no protection beyond a layer of leather. That's the best I have done.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™