You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Street Eagle
Posted 2014-01-05 9:43 PM (#150270)
Subject: Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Fellow Riders

With 12K on my Vision, my clutch is slipping as rpms climb past 3500 rpm. It showed up while dyno tuning. As mentioned in previous post, after the perf upgrades, the 106 is producing 122 rwhp and 120 ft/lb.

I came across Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate/Clutch setup. Plate pressure increases with rpm/torque. I had my buddy/lead vic mechanic look into it. He recommends going with Lloydz setup over a straight Barnett clutch.

Does anyone have any experience with Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate?

As always, all input and feedback is greatly appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turk
Posted 2014-01-06 9:25 AM (#150291 - in reply to #150270)
Subject: RE: Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate

Iron Butt

Street Eagle - 2014-01-05 9:43 PM

Fellow Riders

With 12K on my Vision, my clutch is slipping as rpms climb past 3500 rpm. It showed up while dyno tuning. As mentioned in previous post, after the perf upgrades, the 106 is producing 122 rwhp and 120 ft/lb.

I came across Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate/Clutch setup. Plate pressure increases with rpm/torque. I had my buddy/lead vic mechanic look into it. He recommends going with Lloydz setup over a straight Barnett clutch.

Does anyone have any experience with Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate?

As always, all input and feedback is greatly appreciated!

The way I understand it, the variable clutch pack will maintain your clutch pull, while progressively applying more pressure to the clutch plates as RPMs rise. Basically, you end up with about the same pressure as the higher spring rate that is in the Barnett spring. To increase pressure further, you can use both the Barnett spring along with the variable pressure plate, which will result in clutch feel the same as just the Barnett spring, but the pressure at the clutch pack will be the aggregate of both.

That's my understanding anyway. You would do one or the other, but with your power numbers, you shouldn't need both. And, now that your clutch is slipping, I would go with new fibers, as your existing ones are probably glazed over.

caveat: I'm not an expert, although I play one online!

Edited by Turk 2014-01-06 9:26 AM
luterdan
Posted 2014-01-06 10:13 AM (#150292 - in reply to #150270)
Subject: Re: Lloydz Variable Pressure Plate

Cruiser

Marietta, GA
This brings up a question, i know clutches are wear items, and it depends on the type of riding you do (city vs highway), but what are people getting out of their stock clutches (time or mileage). What can an "average" person expect?

Dan
marcparnes
Posted 2014-01-06 1:45 PM (#150296 - in reply to #150292)

Iron Butt

luterdan - 2014-01-06 8:13 AM

This brings up a question, i know clutches are wear items, and it depends on the type of riding you do (city vs highway), but what are people getting out of their stock clutches (time or mileage). What can an "average" person expect?

Dan
That's a good question for Chris (varyder) since he has the most miles.

Marc
Oldman47
Posted 2014-01-06 4:15 PM (#150301 - in reply to #150270)

Tourer

Central Illinois
The OP in this thread can reasonably expect shorter clutch life since he is pushing a high power/high torque engine through his. VARyder and other "normal" riders with high miles like Rollin' can help us understand a more or less stock arrangement.
wingit3611
Posted 2014-01-06 4:33 PM (#150303 - in reply to #150270)

Cruiser

Just read this artical this morning for Motorcycle Consumer News , Dec. 2013. Pg.13. Ducati Hyperstrada uses thier self-servo APTC clutch (centriffical for lite lever feel). Adds engagement pressure at RPM's. "The problem being Clutch engagement feel constantly changing with engine speed. Becoming lightswitch-sudden at any revs above Idle. " You mite want to read the article & talk to someone who has used it. Check with Lloydz who has one.
I guess a lot of Ducati's use this? Don't know
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-01-06 6:54 PM (#150307 - in reply to #150270)

Visionary

have never never worn out a clutch plates. Even on a stroker h-d with 125 thousand miles on it.
I sit at stop light with the bike in neutral I short shift and do burn outs. The longer you have pressure on the plates the more wear there is. Just being a normal rider you should get 90 thousand out of a clutch. I think one thing to do is stay with one oil don't switch around it does no good. Synthetic oil does not hurt clutches people do

(35377_112347988817283_2292679_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 35377_112347988817283_2292679_n.jpg (19KB - 1 downloads)
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-01-06 8:40 PM (#150311 - in reply to #150270)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Thanks guys...

Even with the perf upgrades I would have expected the clutch to have lasted longer. My riding style isn't to beat on the bike, hard starts, sitting at lights with the clutch disengaged. In retrospect, when the bike only had a little over 1500 miles on it, I took the RLAP course. Since I was still adjusting to the Vision, I did ride the clutch hard. As far as oil, I've only used Victory products.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™