You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

new bike in Baton Rouge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

olekneedragger
Posted 2014-01-21 10:25 PM (#150688)
Subject: new bike in Baton Rouge

Puddle Jumper

I signed up for the forum a while back, but after some time and several other bikes, I am finally pulling the trigger and getting a 2008 Victory Vision Tour in midnight cherry on Saturday. I thought about fixing up my other bike (2009 BMW K-1300S), but there was no way I could make it as comfortable for super slab touring as a Victory Vision is out of the box. I still intend to keep my Beemer for short and/or SPORTY runs with the young ones, but riding a Vic is a different animal and you don't have to ride at triple digit speeds to have some fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2014-01-21 10:34 PM (#150689 - in reply to #150688)
Subject: RE: new bike in Baton Rouge

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Welcome and congratulations.

After you get used to the Vision and get the chance to ride some of the "sporty" roads on it with the young ones, the BMW may get neglected a lot, especially if there are some miles to cover to get to the "sporty roads".

Ronnie
Vladezip
Posted 2014-01-22 12:21 AM (#150690 - in reply to #150688)
Subject: Re: new bike in Baton Rouge

Glendale, AZ United States
I loved my BMW LT, but the knees are not what they used to be. The Vision is completely different animal coming from BMW. Honestly, I like them both for different reasons. I have a couple of good friends that are no nonsense devoted BMW riders I ride with on a regular basis when scheduling permits with everybody. One has a R1200RT and the other the K1200 GT. I will swap on occasion with my RT buddy. He thinks the Vision is a rolling lazy boy cadillac jukebox. When I get on the RT it reminds me of the performance that BMW is known for, especially in the twisties where that BMW boxer is beginning to wake up at 5K RPM the Vision is just about maxed out and your digging yourself into a hole. I will keep up with them in the twisties when pushed, but I know they can smoke me anytime they want, but my dangling the feet off the bike days to stretch are over. Congrats!!
bmwrider1954
Posted 2014-01-22 8:23 AM (#150695 - in reply to #150688)

North Billerica, MA
I am a long time former BMW rider. I bought my R1200CLC new in 04 and have had a great experience with it.
It sort of was an Electra Glide for the guy who won't buy a Harley. Big, heavy, hard to handle at low speeds but comfortable and cushy on the highway with all the electronics. A great looking ride.

I bought my blue 2012 Vision Tour a few months ago after looking at everything out there. It is the perfect blend of comfort and handling for me. I added a Utopia backrest and heel shifter for me and an I-pod cable and armrests for my wife. I'm looking forward to many years of riding with this beast of a bike.
RedRider
Posted 2014-01-22 10:17 AM (#150697 - in reply to #150688)

Visionary

Grats and welcome
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-01-22 12:59 PM (#150700 - in reply to #150688)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Congratulations! Check out Lloydz if you want to wake your bike up @ 5k rpms. Doesn't cost much to add performance on these bikes.
olekneedragger
Posted 2014-01-24 2:50 PM (#150737 - in reply to #150688)

Puddle Jumper

I'm sure I'll enjoy both bikes, use them for their intended purposes and not neglect either one. The K1300S makes 175 horsepower advertised, dynos at about 146 at the rear wheel in stock condition, redlines at 11,000 and mine has a Remus exhaust and Ohlins suspension. We can't yet reverse the laws of physics, so when I want to ride with the sport bike crowd, I'm bringing the Beemer. I don't need or want to take curves at low triple digits or ride 165 MPH every day and for those occasions which is most of the time, I'll be riding the Vic.
I'll talk to the guys at Lloydz. My plans are to put a VFC, VM-1 cams, air filter and the cam advancer on it and make somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 horsepower at the rear wheel. I'm open to suggestions and will make my final decision on upgrades upon the recommendations of the guys at Lloydz.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-01-24 4:12 PM (#150738 - in reply to #150737)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
olekneedragger - 2014-01-24 2:50 PM

I'm sure I'll enjoy both bikes, use them for their intended purposes and not neglect either one. The K1300S makes 175 horsepower advertised, dynos at about 146 at the rear wheel in stock condition, redlines at 11,000 and mine has a Remus exhaust and Ohlins suspension. We can't yet reverse the laws of physics, so when I want to ride with the sport bike crowd, I'm bringing the Beemer. I don't need or want to take curves at low triple digits or ride 165 MPH every day and for those occasions which is most of the time, I'll be riding the Vic.
I'll talk to the guys at Lloydz. My plans are to put a VFC, VM-1 cams, air filter and the cam advancer on it and make somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 horsepower at the rear wheel. I'm open to suggestions and will make my final decision on upgrades upon the recommendations of the guys at Lloydz.

Sounds like a plan.

Lloydz are the experts.

In addition to the VFCIII, VM1 cams, air filter, and timing wheel, I would suggest having Lloyd reprogram your ECU to the 6400 RPM rev-limit. That 110 HP occurs just before the stock rev-limiter kicks in, and lasts another 900 RPM past where your stock ECU rev-limiter is set, and the Vision, with the mods you plan, should be shifted at 6000 RPM if you're in a hurry.

Either have Lloyd reprogram your ECU to 6400 RPM, or use a PCV and have the rev-limit raised by 1000 RPM over stock.

Ronnie
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-01-24 7:00 PM (#150749 - in reply to #150688)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I've got the PCV with the 500rpm above limit. I find I'm still about 100rpm short of optimal shifting with the vm1 cams. I ned to send a fax to dynojet to get the +1000rpm limit.
atvtinker
Posted 2014-01-24 8:28 PM (#150751 - in reply to #150688)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Hi and welcome to the site! I guess I should have told about this site when we talked. Been on here for some time and you can't find a better place to find all the information you'll ever need about a Vision.
XRsteve
Posted 2014-01-26 9:57 AM (#150768 - in reply to #150688)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Welcome, you'll love the Vision and love it even more with the Lloyd's products installed.............
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™