You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

A curious ABS behaviour on my VV
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

gerhardberger
Posted 2014-01-23 12:07 PM (#150710)
Subject: A curious ABS behaviour on my VV

Puddle Jumper

Madrid, --- Spain
The ABS light on my 2010 Victory Vision Tour, lights on from time to time.

I brought it to my dealer that cleaned the ABS's sensors, and told me that they were dirty, but no error in the bike's memory was recorded.
I thought the problem was solved and was happy, although now the light goes on and off without any reason.

Now I've recorded when does the ABS lights goes on, and this is the result: (really strange):
a) After having the bike parked at home (in the garage): no ABS failure
b) After having the bike parked on the street (cold weather): the ABS lights on, although if I stop the bike and start it again, the ABS light stays off.

So it means that after the first use in cold...the ABS shows an error, error that dissaper after the first kilometers use....

?Does anybody understand this, and have an explanation for me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turk
Posted 2014-01-23 1:27 PM (#150712 - in reply to #150710)
Subject: RE: A curious ABS behaviour on my VV

Iron Butt

gerhardberger - 2014-01-23 12:07 PM

The ABS light on my 2010 Victory Vision Tour, lights on from time to time.

I brought it to my dealer that cleaned the ABS's sensors, and told me that they were dirty, but no error in the bike's memory was recorded.
I thought the problem was solved and was happy, although now the light goes on and off without any reason.

Now I've recorded when does the ABS lights goes on, and this is the result: (really strange):
a) After having the bike parked at home (in the garage): no ABS failure
b) After having the bike parked on the street (cold weather): the ABS lights on, although if I stop the bike and start it again, the ABS light stays off.

So it means that after the first use in cold...the ABS shows an error, error that dissaper after the first kilometers use....

?Does anybody understand this, and have an explanation for me?

ABS light on = ABS not activated
ABS light off = ABS activated

ABS light on dash should illuminate every time bike is started. It then goes out and ABS activates once the bike reaches 6mph. If your ABS light comes on or stays on above 6mph, there is a problem. If the ABS light does not come on when the bike is first started, there is a problem. Mine had an issue where it either wouldn't go out, or came on during the course of a ride. It turned out to be a bad sensor. That was it, been working fine ever since the sensor was replaced over a year and a half ago.

Edited by Turk 2014-01-23 1:28 PM
gerhardberger
Posted 2014-01-23 1:35 PM (#150713 - in reply to #150710)
Subject: Re: A curious ABS behaviour on my VV

Puddle Jumper

Madrid, --- Spain
Yes I know that...When I describe that the light stays on, I mean that the light does not goes off after running more than 6mph: any problem with the ABS. It it sensitive to temperature and movement. That is the reason for my question as it sounds really stange!!!

Edited by gerhardberger 2014-01-23 1:36 PM
okie vision
Posted 2014-01-23 7:01 PM (#150717 - in reply to #150710)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
I had the same problem.
From the rear tire sensor, follow the wire up into the bike frame.
From the factory, this rear sensor wire is very easily "pinched" against the swingarm when the rear tire is removed/replaced.
If this problem started shortly after a rear tire change, it's possible that's what happened to yours.
Chef John
Posted 2014-01-28 12:25 PM (#150828 - in reply to #150710)

Cruiser

Delray Beach, FL United States
I had the same thing happen to me but sometimes about an hour into a ride it would come on, or after starting the bike it would remain on until I revved the bike past 4000 say on a downshift. It did bother me so I got it checked out, it was a faulty rear sensor after all.
gerhardberger
Posted 2014-01-28 1:51 PM (#150830 - in reply to #150710)

Puddle Jumper

Madrid, --- Spain
Now, the outside temperature is slightly higher than previous week (15-18?C) . No longer ABS light on....Curious, curious---
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™