You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

cb radio install
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

KRUZER
Posted 2014-02-05 8:23 PM (#151068)
Subject: cb radio install

Puddle Jumper

Dallas, NC United States
2013 vision, Laid down the cash for cb. Plan on installing myself. Instructions at back speak of Digital Wrench software at dealer to check radio. Dealer says I don't need to, its basically plug and play and should come on after install. Anyone with cb had any problems?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2014-02-05 9:56 PM (#151071 - in reply to #151068)
Subject: RE: cb radio install

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I installed my own on my 2008. The CB was a 2009 model. It did indeed come on, but didn't work quite right until after the dealer reflashed my radio. However, that was because the two units had differing firmware versions. My bike is an early 2008 and there were updates needed. Then, my radio went bad (early 2008 version) and Victory replaced both the radio and CB with 2010 units under warranty. All has been well ever since.

Your dealer is correct, it should be plug and play, but I would not be surprised if you needed a reflash if the firmware versions are not the same. There is a procedure in your manual that tells you how to check them.

Ronnie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™