You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

russell day long seat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Banjodan
Posted 2014-02-27 7:29 PM (#151798)
Subject: russell day long seat

Cruiser

is it all they say it is?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marcparnes
Posted 2014-02-27 9:00 PM (#151800 - in reply to #151798)
Subject: RE: russell day long seat

Iron Butt

I've had lots of them on various bikes and they have always been very comfortable. I had one made for the Vision a month ago and it too is very comfortable and looks good. The test is whether at the end of a long ride you're thinking about your butt and if you aren't then it works. This one works. If there is a downside it is that unless you have long legs you will need to get used to getting your feet on the ground in a different way but it eventually works itself out. Because they are built with a wider seating area it causes your legs to splay out when you go to stop so it takes adjusting to it. I only have a 30" inseam and within a day I was used to it and now I don't even notice. Tom has one too so he'll probably pipe up here shortly.

Marc
Banjodan
Posted 2014-02-27 9:13 PM (#151801 - in reply to #151798)
Subject: Re: russell day long seat

Cruiser

thanks marc...yes I too have a short inseam. wondering if I should use stock heated seat or my 8-ball? my vision is already lowered 1". not real steady at stops now, especially with a heavy passenger.

Edited by Banjodan 2014-02-27 9:35 PM
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-02-27 11:14 PM (#151803 - in reply to #151798)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
As Marc said, its an awesome seat. With the OEM seat the back of my butt would start to ache after about 30 minutes. With the Russell seat I can ride for hours in complete comfort. The lumbar support as well as the rest of the seat fits like a glove. I have a 29 inch inseam and as Marc shared, at first I would have to shift slightly forward when coming to a stop. Russell products actually states that on their website. I no longer have to shift forward now that the seat is completely broken in.

Banjodan its one of the top investments I've made to date. The others being cams etc, reverse and my J and S Jack.
ScoreBo
Posted 2014-03-01 3:03 PM (#151834 - in reply to #151798)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
Here is a reply I made to a similar post. I absolutely LOVE my Russell. They can be pricey, but I am not sure you can put a cost on comfort.
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12685
Vladezip
Posted 2014-03-02 11:59 PM (#151887 - in reply to #151798)

Glendale, AZ United States
Anybody that's interested in riding up to Lake Shasta, CA, where these seats are made, let me know and we can meet up along the way if you live on the southwest or west coast that is. If you make an appointment they can get the seat back to you the same day not to mention they usually have loaner bikes in the area you can take out for the day around the Lake Shasta area. At least this is what it states on their website. You boys that have them on the Vision did you roll with all leather or a combo? Any issues with the heating of the seat in cold weather since it is a different setup? Cheers.
Bashcars
Posted 2014-03-03 11:43 AM (#151902 - in reply to #151798)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I had a leather RDS seat with back reast on my 2003 Honda ST1300 (terrible stock seat). It was great, but pricey. I have not found a need for one on my 13 VV.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™