You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

LED Brake and Turn signals in the trunk
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech ReferenceMessage format
Posted 2014-03-03 7:48 AM (#151896)
Subject: LED Brake and Turn signals in the trunk

West Salem, WI United States

This mod took about an hour to do and cost about $30 total, including shipping on the following items:

2 each Amber LED strips

1 each Red LED strip

T-Taps, corragated wire loom and 18 guage wire, 

Here are a few pictures of the install. I ran the wires from each strip up into the space between the inner and out lid to keep them out of the way and make for a nice clean install. I'll put a dab of silicone in those holes to seal them up. I drilled a 3/8 hole near the other loom as it exited the inner lid and ran my wires through that. After I fished the wires down through and into the seat area, I pushed a 3/8 plastic wire loom over the wires all the way down to protect this new harness. You see that coming out of the inner lid in the one photo.

I did find that the turn signals were on the two blue wires, the wires are identical in the loom. So it was just a matter of tapping and then connecting to the correct light strip. I bought a 5 wire trailer harness that I plan to wire in so that when I remove the trunk, I can always get this plugged back together very easily. I'll add a picture of the under seat wiring next time I'm under there.

Lights installed

Brake light, sorry for the bad picture. 
The strip is centered on the crease in the lid. it ends about a 1/2 inch in from the corner on both sides:
Brake light 

Amber turns:
Amber turn signals 

Installed on the lid:
Installed in lid 

Entering the lid:Closeup of how wires go into the lid

Lower routing past the hinge:
How the loom routes down the hinge 

Amber on both sides:
Amber both sides 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1