You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

victory "cool leather"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Banjodan
Posted 2014-03-03 8:36 PM (#151923)
Subject: victory "cool leather"

Cruiser

Question! does regular leather seats get as hot as vinyl? or just cool leather stay cool? Any of you RDL guys-whats your take on the leather vs vinyl?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-03-04 6:36 PM (#151974 - in reply to #151923)
Subject: Re: victory "cool leather"

Visionary

they both get hot period. use wood beads or ship skin even a towel
I have know a half dozen guys that had gel put in there seat at sturgis and after getting home 800 miles they were buying new seat.
with wood beads or sheep skin you can leave it home on cool days
Monkeyman
Posted 2014-03-04 9:10 PM (#151983 - in reply to #151923)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Why leave the sheepskin at home on cool days? Assuming it's real sheepskin, the hairs are hollow which is what gives it its insulating properties. This makes you cooler in summer and warmer in winter. If it's fake sheepskin (aka a Walmart toilet seat cover), it doesn't do much either way.
varyder
Posted 2014-03-04 9:35 PM (#151986 - in reply to #151923)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

I'll say this, I don't know why I still don't have a leather seat other than I'm cheap and I want to cover it myself. I hate vinyl on a motorcycle seat and have tried towels, which seem to work, and the beads, which is good. I went from vinyl to leather on my GL1200 and put on many miles in the blazing hot. I sweat either way, but with Vinyl it flat out made me go mad. With leather, much more tolerable and I didn't sweat like I did on vinyl. Night and day in my opinion. It's time I put leather on my Vision before the summer hits. Take care of leather and it will do you right!

Edited by varyder 2014-03-04 9:36 PM
Bashcars
Posted 2014-03-06 12:15 PM (#152023 - in reply to #151923)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I live in Houston,TX and put an RDL seat on my 2003 Honda ST1300 and it was much better in the summer. Problem was less than a year after spending $$$ for the RDL seat, I traded the ST for a '13 VV. I have no plans to put an RDL on my VV as the stock seat is great and I'd rather add other stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™