You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

4 way flashers instead of turn signals
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-03-25 12:42 PM (#153681)
Subject: 4 way flashers instead of turn signals

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys, i was wondering something.. Today i noticed on my (2011) vision that when i press the turn signal switch to go either left or right, the 4 way flashers flash instead.. So of course i make sure the 4 way flasher is not switched to ON. and it still does this.. Now if i dont use the turn signals and use the 4 way flashers it will do the same .. like the 4 way flashers should do.. its just NO turn signals.. any help would be great appreciated !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-03-25 6:08 PM (#153686 - in reply to #153681)
Subject: Re: 4 way flashers instead of turn signals

Visionary

open switch housing look for water wires touching. Clean use some grease around wires to prevent water.
might be something to do with your taillights. If they blink fast thats a sign of a dead short
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-03-25 8:47 PM (#153691 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
thank you.. so far. No fast blinking.. ill be honest. i was messing around with the wiring that feeds the trunk. i was careless, and now this is the problem. i will do what you said. thank you for the info!
Godspeed
Posted 2014-03-25 8:59 PM (#153693 - in reply to #153681)

Cruiser

Denver, Iowa
Do you have the sequential front and rear trun signals? I've had some issues with my 4-ways since I've installed them.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-03-25 9:42 PM (#153694 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
as of right now i have NO aftermarket lighting on the bike EXCEPT for the 99 led light i put on the trunk about 3 years ago.. i just went and look at the vision again.. this is what i now notice... 1) when i go to use a turn signal, be it left or right.. i get 4 way flashers.. 2) swapping the relay at the left hand side of the fuse box (under windshield) does nothing to correct anything 3) NEW ONE, none of my running lights now work... they work as flashers but not as running lights... i believe this might be a big clue. i just am to wrapped up in it to step back and grasp what im seeing.. ya know?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-03-25 9:48 PM (#153695 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
also i wanted to ask. if is the flash module.... (which i had fail on day one of the 2011 vision) is there a way to test it? or should i be clearly seeing the signs right now as to if it is bad or not... ? and of course i have to ask this one.. which for someone that has been on this forum this long i should know the answer.... but WHO would have the best price on that flash module if it is that? they run around $70-$80 !
kmt27
Posted 2014-03-25 11:12 PM (#153696 - in reply to #153681)
Subject: RE: 4 way flashers instead of turn signals

Cruiser

Davenport, IA
When you are checking turn signals, is your key turned on in the accessory mode? Just a few weeks ago I found out my 4-way flashers activate if I have key turned to accessory and press either left or right for turn signal (all flash). Now, if key is turned to first click (run mode), turn signals operate as they should.
varyder
Posted 2014-03-26 3:38 AM (#153698 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Go back to your wires you were messing with and see if you wired/plugged something opposite of what it should have been.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-03-26 7:47 AM (#153700 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
As of last night. I didn't have the accessories I wanted to add inthe circuit. When I get the 4 way flasher instead of right or left turn signals with the key in the "start/run " position. I put everything with the trunk back together. And like I said before now I have no running light BUT I do have 4 way flashers... could a bad 2011 flasher module cause no running lights and my issues with the 4 ways?? I stress the year because I was told it changed for that year.. (less pins) I'm just afraid to drop $80 for nothing
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-04-02 6:41 PM (#153936 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i just wanted to post what my fix was. in case anyone else ever has this issue... for me , it ended up being the actual turn signal switch and not a relay or module.. i took it apart and cleaned it and all has been well ever since..... weird i know....
HLUSN8
Posted 2014-04-02 7:30 PM (#153937 - in reply to #153681)

Cruiser

Quad Cities, IL
What is even weirder (if that is a word) is I had the same issue today on my '08 SSG. No Trunk Running lights, right or left blinker causes trunk runners and rear signals to be 4-ways. No brake lights. This was while the bike was running.

I put it in neutral at a red light hopped off and did a quick check because I didn't see my brake lights on in the chrome grill behind me at the previous traffic light. It was raining today, so maybe water is the issue. But the last time this happned to me in July 2012 it was because my Kuryakyn 4710 Run, Brake, Turn modulator went bad. Replaced it and all was well...until today that is. I just ordered another 4710 in case that is the issue again.

Spring is here...be safe!
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-04-07 8:50 PM (#154075 - in reply to #153681)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
keep me posted please.. id love to know what you figure out..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™