You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stereo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Eightball
Posted 2014-04-09 5:04 AM (#154098)
Subject: Stereo

New user

Need info on vision stereo. I'm on my second vision had a 08,traded for 12.i find they have really crappy radio's. I bought the I hanwg wired amp and speakers and had them installed. Not cheap! Still sounded tinty and couldn't get any volume. Then took it to a car stereo shop. Had them uninstall the amp and speakers. Then we put a 4 channel Kenwood amp and two hertz speakers. Now I get plenty of volume it sound pretty good but still tinty! Not good bass. now I'm thinking it's the head unit on the bike. Does anyone know if there's a way to replace it and keep all the function? Read out, hand controls eat. The bike needs a quality head unit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V92SC
Posted 2014-04-09 7:58 AM (#154100 - in reply to #154098)
Subject: Re: Stereo

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Eightball, the Vision has 5.25 speakers and deep bass is more a function of the size of the speaker and less the head unit. The Wing and Harleys have gone to 6.5 and bigger and can produce the kind of bass I think you're looking for. Truth is you just can't get that kind of bass currently on a Vision. With that being said if you add the foam type baffles to the rear speaker enclosures and swap out the fronts with the same and go with speakers with bigger magnets that require deeper senclosures I have found that the sum total gave me max deep bass tone out of the 5.25's. Just my experience. Hope it helps you.
jomar
Posted 2014-04-09 11:08 AM (#154107 - in reply to #154098)
Subject: RE: Stereo

Cruiser

Eightball, I think you might be expecting more from a 5 1/4" speaker than is realistic when you're talking bass. Even really good speakers, such as the Hertz ECX-130 or even better HCX-130 you're only going to get so much bass out of them. As you probably know, when putting bass speakers in a car, they use 10", 12" or even bigger speakers.
Eightball
Posted 2014-04-09 1:10 PM (#154112 - in reply to #154098)

New user

I very rarely have the back on. might have to step up to a 6 inch. Thought of putting some kind of small sub I the bag. Not sure but I also think the head unit is crappy. And for quality sound I feel you need to have a good head unit. When harley went to harden karden there stereos where bar none great. I think unless I'm going to spend a lot of money mediocre is about it for this bike.

Eightball
Posted 2014-04-09 1:23 PM (#154114 - in reply to #154098)

New user

Hertz hcx 130 speaker and Kenwood amp. Do think if I step up the speaker to a 6.25 that would give me some bass response? If that will get it close to the sound harley is getting I'd be happy. As is not so much.
el spanky
Posted 2014-04-09 7:33 PM (#154121 - in reply to #154098)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I added Cyclesounds Power Pucks!! With better speakers. Sounds much better!! But bass leaves faster you travel due to human ear. But want beer sound? Need larger speakers.
IndyVision
Posted 2014-04-10 10:55 AM (#154128 - in reply to #154098)

Tourer

Make sure the auto tune adjust is set to the highest setting if your using an amp. I have the hawg wired set up and it makes a huge difference.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™