You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

trunk rack bag
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

new vic rider
Posted 2014-04-14 1:00 AM (#154203)
Subject: trunk rack bag

Cruiser

Shelbyville, IL United States
I am going to buy the trunk rack bag. Was wondering if there is a way to put it on the back seat. I am not ready to spend 400 dollars for the trunk rack yet. Just figured if I was going to buy a bag I would buy that one for when I buy the trunk rack later. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
goat813
Posted 2014-04-14 8:52 AM (#154214 - in reply to #154203)
Subject: Re: trunk rack bag

Cruiser

W'ford Tx
dude it's super tiny, like put your tooth brush and shampoo in it tiny. If you have the truck already they make a gigantic bag that straps down and has a built in backrest. It takes up the passenger seat all together. They cost around $200 but you can shop around on eBay and find a better deal I'm sure. I have the trunk rack and love it. I looked at getting the bag you're talking about and passed. I just bought a cargo bungee strap and strapped down a full sized suite case to it. No complaints.
new vic rider
Posted 2014-04-14 9:03 AM (#154217 - in reply to #154203)

Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. I do not have the trunk rack yet. This is the third time I have heard this bag is way to little. I think I will buy the trunk liner and strap it to the back seat for now. I will have to get the trunk rack next year for a trip with the wife. The big bag that victory sells look like it will push me to far forward.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-04-14 10:42 AM (#154222 - in reply to #154217)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Your idea to use the trunk liner for now is sound. Once you get the trunk rack, we have found that the T-Bag bags for the Goldwing work very well on the Vision rack. They pack small when empty, and expand as you fill them up. We just put a couple of bungie cords over them to hold them on. We always use one on trips, and take an extra for all that "stuff" we seem to acquire along the way. It fits under the full one when not in use, and on top when in use. http://www.tbags.com/accordion-bag.html

There are larger ones available, but I chose these because they do not interfere with my CB radio antenna, and they fit on the Victory rack very well.

Ronnie
varyder
Posted 2014-04-14 11:40 AM (#154224 - in reply to #154203)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
saddleman BR4100. Search online until you find a good deal. If you get it from Victory you'll pay $100 just to sport the logo...
goat813
Posted 2014-04-14 3:48 PM (#154234 - in reply to #154203)

Cruiser

W'ford Tx
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SADDLEMEN-Br4100-Dresser-Back-Seat-Bag-3501...

That's the cheapest new one I could find online with free shipping. Varyder is right on paying more for the Victory name. They work well and are not as bulky as they look in the photos. I couldn't imagine it pushing you forward as it is VERY flexible. It does however remove the ability to have a passenger. There are a few people that have had luck mounting a goldwing trunk rack on their visions and they go as cheap as $100 in chrome on eBay. I bought a dash bag from dragon bob that's here on this site and the extra storage space of that dash bag helps out tremendously, I can't give it enough credit. With that and my trunk rack the wife and I have gone on week plus long trips and been able to bring goodies home with room to spare. The stock vision lacks in long trip storage but with the addition of a luggage rack and the dash bag it can get the job done with room to spare.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-04-14 6:27 PM (#154243 - in reply to #154203)

Visionary

T-Bads are great
http://www.tbags.com/
new vic rider
Posted 2014-04-15 5:36 PM (#154290 - in reply to #154203)

Cruiser

Thanks for the replys guys. I will look into the tbags when I get the luggage rack. I got the idea to use the trunk liner from Bigfoot. He has been a few miles so I would say he knows what works.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™